Reviews for Alan Wake: Winter Dawn
LunarLunatic chapter 2 . 9/2/2013
I swear to the high heavens the writing style here is similar to mine. :) I guess that's always how it is with first fan fictions.
Niall chapter 2 . 6/5/2013
It's good, an interesting read so far with a nice introduction of Harvey. It's a relief to have someone who knows what is going on for a change, everyone in the games is really oblivious until Alan tells them. What I would say is you need to make it a bit more fluid. Instead of "Harvey replied" and "I told him" sometimes just the speech is enough or add some adjectives, adverbs and stuff. For example instead of "I said while being out of breath" you could put "I struggled to respond, gasping to get my breath back." The same can be said when you are describing events that are occurred. Instead of saying "now this happened," "then Harvey did this," "the Taken did that," just try and make it a bit more fluid and flowing. Otherwise it's good and I can't wait for more, although looking now you haven't updated this since November. Hopefully this comment will mean an email is sent to you and get you to update it again :D
ME v2 chapter 2 . 3/23/2013
Very good. The detail was nice, as was the introduction of Harvey. It feels like something that would have happened in the real game. I do think they should have had some time to talk in the church, which was a nice safe haven to through in. The whole situation worked out nicely. Adding the part about manuscripts sort of made sense, and the part about not remembering was a nice addition, but somehow it came across as odd, he was too focused on the pages at the moment.
ME v2 chapter 1 . 3/23/2013
Very good. I liked it. His introduction was a bit bland, since it basically followed the guidelines of the first game, but at the same time it sounded appropriate. I like how he found the revolver and flashlight, with the remark of not being surprised. They do show up out of nowhere a lot, don't they. The taken introduction was a bit sudden, and it confuses me a bit, because I thought there were lights everywhere. And where exactly is he going? There is some intro to the setting but not much, and it is a little confusing. Overall: 7 out of 10. Maybe 8. Great job!
Reclaimer7 chapter 2 . 2/4/2013
It's good so far! Harvey was a surprise. lol For some reason, I expected Alan's savior to be a different version of Barry. Harvey's a good companion type of person, like Carver in Dead Space 3. So far, it's awesome! I can't wait for another Entry.
AdamWake chapter 1 . 1/19/2013
I enjoyed this story so far. I like your writing style!
Dividing MDH chapter 1 . 12/20/2012
Okay, this is really cool but I did have some gripes with it, the setting the scene, or Alan's monologue was one of the game's main flaws. Alan is meant to be narrating like a book, but if Alan is running around the forest gibbering to himself I lose immersion. So you could work that out somehow, yes it's unfaithful to the Alan Wake name, but if it's a flaw, why would you keep it out of tradition.
The last paragraph needed to be split in two, walls of text are reproaching to read, and bore which is a shame because after rereading it, it was superb. But also in the last paragraph, 'Taken' was repeated just a tiny bit too often.
Antonio XZ chapter 1 . 11/20/2012
Awsome! Please Next Episoded!