Reviews for Bottom of the River
Fruitlessberry chapter 1 . 2/16/2013
Wow. Just wow.
I surely wasn't expecting such a well-structured story. Normally a lot of fics I have read just start in between the plot and most WD writers forget to give us information on how the OC/Ocs meet Lee & his group. This however is entirely different. First of all, you successfully managed to portray Regina's struggles and feelings as a mother as well as a woman trying to keep her family save. Secondly Daniel is just like Clementine: only a child, and I think his reaction towards the situation is just as it should be- seein how he is innocent. Well and Ferrera is hot tempered, brave and all in all my favourite character. I really adore her. She might seem a bit feisty (this sound so wrong, I'm sorry D:) but, pardon me, who gives a fuck? There has to be at least one character who can kick ass.(With words, of course) While I do like Regina, she is a lot like Lee & tries to keep her true feelings hidden so no fight would break out. Anyway your Ocs are characters who have flaws and can have a few difficulties between each other. I mean who wouldn't lose their mind when trying to surive a Zombie Apocalypse? To sum it up; Your grammar is splendid, your plot is slowly developing & all in all you are awesome. ;D
XxrudexbutxnicexX chapter 3 . 1/20/2013
Your story is really interesting and I would love to see what happens next! Please update soon!
DariaPrototype chapter 3 . 1/18/2013
Read the first three chapters - so far, this is easily one of my favorite Walking Dead stories. (Just created this account to review/favorite/follow this story, and a couple of others.)

I would agree that to make Larry more true-to-character, you may want to steer him in a more verbally pugnacious direction. While I could totally see Ferrera holding her own in an argument with Larry, she's been getting "the last word" pretty easily. (I can't picture the sixteen year old newcomer - or anyone else except MAYBE Lilly, for that matter - insulting him twice without getting so much as a "The fuck?!" in response.) Lilly's interactions with the the group actually strike me as very ic so far - less "my way or the highway" than is typically the case for her, but since the new arrivals have a resource that the group needs, this is pretty much how I'd expect her to act.

Overall, loving this. Solid writing... and like the game, you make it easy to start caring for the characters. More, please. :)
Watanuki-kun chapter 3 . 1/10/2013
My, my what a chapter.
Must say I suprise Regina knew about Lee's case. I wonder how she'll come to trust him like Carley's does. Don't worry about Lilly and Larry they're perfectly in their characters.
Poor Danny. He had to kill a walker for the first time under heavy circumstance. Perhaps that thing will help him realize that he'll need to grow up soon for the sake of his family.
Ferrera needs ro control her temper or otherwise she might get herself in trouble. Maybe in EP 2 situation she'll learn how to be much wiser to keep her comments to herself.

I can't wait for the next chapter I hope Regina will be stuck with Lee next time alone to discuss alittle so she can trust him and understand better why he did what he did and how he cope with it.
Watanuki-kun chapter 2 . 1/9/2013
Sorry took me so long to read and review this chapter. You know how busy life can be :D

Today's chapter was rather rash I must say. I felt you were trying so hard to get Regina outta town before we even got to know more about it. However, you did manage to give us the character history of Ferrera and how she ended up living with her sister and nephew. I'm satisfied with how Regina was facing the living and the dead realizing the laws of the world: that dead should be dead and to be careful form the living.

At list their on the road and I'm excited to read Chapter three next. I wonder how Regina will handle the whole situation of living with other people. Perhaps she and Kenney might get along along just fine consider they both put their families before others :]

Please continue your amazing work
Werewolfzombie3 chapter 3 . 1/4/2013
I practically did a fist pump when i read this story and said "yes! a story that actually got my attention for the whole ride!" this story is wonderfull. keep wrighting. :D
Death's Inevitable Kiss chapter 2 . 12/26/2012
This story is amazing. The flow is good and the character's are realistic considering the whole "Zombie Apocalypse" thing.

Danny is adorable. I love him so much.

I'm really looking forward to the next chapter and where you take this story. :)
milliontinystars chapter 2 . 12/9/2012
Just read both of the chapters, very, very good. Can't wait to see what happens with the Motor Inn gang. Update soon! :)
StephyCoCo89 chapter 1 . 11/26/2012
I liked it! Nicely written and a good chapter set up. Regina is pretty prepared for the end of the world business! I will be looking out for more. Good start :)
Watanuki-kun chapter 1 . 11/25/2012
That was amazing.
It felt like an episode form the Walking Dead :D

I wonder when Regina, Daniel and Ferrera will leave Westbrook and hit the road. Will they meet other survivours along their journey?

Please update soon
Ela Black chapter 1 . 11/22/2012
I really liked this! Regina is an interesting character. You're doing well, but it's a little hard to read when the text is in the middle of the page, though.. Anyway, I'll continue reading until the end!