Reviews for On We March
Annber03 chapter 38 . 1/11
Aw, Reid.

I love how you handled the segment where the painful memories are flipping one by one through his brain. Such a good way to show how rapidly Reid's mind works, how he can flit from one thought to the next so quickly...and by contrast, the moments where he'll "hit a repeat button" in his head, and replay certain moments in particular. The latter explains so well why Reid carries so much weight on his shoulders, why he's always wracked with guilt when something happens. There's some memories he just cannot get away from, no matter how hard he tries.

As painful as those memories are, though, I also like that he remembers people like Owen and Jordan, Gideon and Elle, and Lindsay. It's a touching reminder of how much he truly does care about the people he tries to help on cases, and how the things they go through stick with him. And remembering Gideon and Elle, two people he had special bonds with, makes it all the more poignant. As do the memories of his mom and dad.

I liked the way you described his "itch" to start using again, too. I could almost feel the tingling he felt, could feel the tension in his head as he struggled to rid himself of these horrible, sad memories, and the desperation.

But the blue sky and the blue kite are a nice calming effect of sorts. I like how the kite doesn't seem to represent Reid's desire to escape so much as it does his desire to be free and unburdened. And of course, I love that he's able to realize all the good things and people he doesn't want to lose. The image of everyone gathered together laughing and chatting makes me smile, as does Morgan being so openly affectionate with Reid :). And I love seeing the team so accepting of their relationship, too. It's not surprising, mind, 'cause this is a pretty open-minded group, but it's still nice to see it all the same. That acceptance no doubt helps make things a little easier for Reid, too-it's one thing he doesn't have to hide or feel any shame over. The happy memories are a nice bookend to the scary ones that started the story.

I also liked the silent little moment between Reid and Garcia, and Reid being bothered by seeing Garcia in the hospital when she was shot, and feeling so scared in her home. I've always liked the friendship between Reid and Garcia, and these moments are a good example of why. It's sweet to be reminded of how much Reid cares about her, and how he and Garcia can "get" each other.

Very touching, and ultimately inspiring, ficlet here. As always, happy to see this updated! Look forward to what comes next.
Annoying tourist chapter 4 . 10/24/2017
I was genuinely thinking that Reid was going to die for a second.
Annber03 chapter 37 . 4/11/2017
Awwwwwwww :). This is lovely.

"He hadn't solved all the world's problems and he hadn't solved his own." Pretty much sums up Reid's daily struggle in a nutshell, doesn't it? The poor guy carries so much weight on those shoulders. Just thinking about the seeming futility of their job and its impact was enough to make ME feel kinda dragged down. I think you perfectly described how overwhelming the feelings of helplessness would be for Reid, as well as the rest of the team. Obviously we all admire the work they do and the effort they put in to save people, but yeah, some days I honestly wonder how they can stand still going to the not-so-little reminder that they could lose each other permanently made the despair even more chilling.

But thank goodness this happy ending came along. It may not solve all the world's problems, no, or all of Reid's, but just the image of him so happy and GIDDY at the thought of Morgan taking the time to bring him a sweet gift, and being reminded of Morgan's love for him...it was so sweet and lovely and freaking CUTE :D. I love the thought of him being able to look at those flowers before he goes to sleep and before he wakes up, and I love the image of Morgan taking the time to tend to the flowers, having learned that skill from his mom. There's a story I'd love to read about someday :D.

And Reid wanting to do something nice for Morgan in return was sweet, too (though LOL at his second guessing making a homemade dinner :p). I chuckled at the image of him briefly freaking out and wondering if he'd forgotten some special occasion when he saw the flowers, too. Hehe. Silly goof.

And for all the talk earlier about the fear of losing each other because of this job, that makes Morgan's gesture all the more meaningful. It's great to see these guys making a point to show and tell their love for each other whenever possible, so that it's never in doubt, no matter what happens. And the thought of that love bringing Reid comfort on the dark days (and Morgan in turn), is heartwarming. We sadly don't get many opportunities in canon to see Reid smiling and genuinely happy, so that made this piece all the better :).

Always enjoy seeing this series updated! Look forward to whatever's yet to come.
Guest chapter 24 . 11/26/2016
I'm still going through these, but this is the best one yet! Not only are the emotions and characterization on point, but the language and style of your writing is so beautiful and clear.. I love this, please please write more
acertainphilosophy chapter 17 . 11/2/2016
This is amazing! I love the fluffy chapters especially.. I'm actually watching the whole series now in 2016 and you're doing a great job of making it seem like this was happening all along. It's beautiful! The only problem is that I'm getting through it too fast, and will need more very soon :-( I hope you go past 50 chapters because I will definitely support this the whole way! Does 100 chapters sound doable?
MW3addict chapter 36 . 10/27/2016
I am loving the drabbles so far. Especially all the angst filled ones. Keep up your awesome work!
fishtrek chapter 17 . 10/22/2016
So cute. Loved this.
Guest chapter 36 . 10/21/2016
Yay! Literally the only thing I come back to for :3 so cute, thank you!
Annber03 chapter 36 . 10/21/2016
(Not letting me post signed in, 'cause it says I already reviewed a chapter 36, so I'll post this way :p.)

First off, happy to read a new chapter of this :D!

Second, d'awwwwwwwwwww, this is too cute. And funny. Indeed, Morgan's never really been the most patient of men, so it seems fitting he'd be acting all antsy over Reid being gone, and then wanting to get him home when he does return to work.

I liked the bit about him going so far as to consider inviting him over, only to remind himself that, oh, yeah, Reid's away on an assignment. I love the little details like that that show just how much Reid really has become a part of his life. It seems appropriate that Reid would be the sort to just sort of randomly sneak his way into one's heart and life to the point where the other person doesn't even realize it's happened until they're in deep :p.

I also liked that bit because despite Morgan trying to imagine what his life was like without Reid, it's obvious he much prefers the life he has now to that one :). And I'm glad they did get a chance to talk on the phone when possible while Reid was away-at least that was something to help make the wait a *little* easier.

Their reunion was adorable. Morgan trying to be all cool and normal among the others, everyone teasing and grinning and laughing (and yet the support for Morgan and Reid's relationship is so apparent as well and that is lovely). LMAO at Hotch's "It's nice to know you missed me so much, Morgan" :p. I can SO hear him saying that. I love that even he gets in on the teasing, going so far as to remind Morgan he has to wait just that much longer.

And leave it to Reid to provide a nice distraction by babbling on about the case :p. So fun to see the others interested in his explanations, gross though they apparently were, judging by Garcia's reaction :).

Loved the description of how much the last two hours of work seemed to drag for Morgan. I could sympathize with that "kid on the last day of school" reaction, we've all been there with the random attempts to kill time as it got closer to the end of the workday, and packing up early. Very relatable-*I* almost wanted to yell, "OH, COME ON, ALREADY, FIVE O'CLOCK!" Hehe. I also love that Morgan's thoughts start veering off into much more intimate territory-rather risky to start thinking that way at work, me thinks, but again, given the circumstances, I totally understand ;).

But that ending. That was just the most perfect twist. Of COURSE Reid would extend Morgan's torture just that much more to tease him (though finishing his work as he did-well, that's just Reid being Reid there :p). Leave it to Reid to manage his own longing for Morgan in the most controlled way possible.

That hug at the end, though, that little gesture to show just HOW much Reid missed him. Again I say, d'awwwwww :). Same with him actually telling Morgan he missed him. Also, I love the description of Reid having "apparently picked up koala tendencies while away", 'cause OMG, CUUUUUUUTE. He can be quite the nuzzly sort when he wants to be, can't he :D?

Very sweet chapter. Glad to hear there's still a few more of these little moments left for us to enjoy-I look forward to them when you post them! Good luck with everything else you're working on, too-second novel? Wow! Curious to read your first now!
Gubefan1980 chapter 15 . 1/2/2016
These have been great. Sweet tender poignant and altogether very enjoyable. I'd like to suggest a word but want to see what other readers suggest so I don't duplicate anyone's suggestions. I love their relationship and despite what the writers would love us believe Moreid are a couple
StoryTimez chapter 35 . 5/25/2015
I've loved every chapter!
paula chapter 8 . 5/21/2015
veryfunnystory thankyoufor writing and sharingitwithus
Annber03 chapter 35 . 2/9/2015
LMAO, this is so random and silly and I love it :D.

I'm guessing this is probably the only time Reid's bedroom will ever look like a tornado barreled through it :p. It's a hilarious image, the idea of the last person you'd expect any wild behavior from having his room in such a state of chaos. I love Morgan trying to deduce whose clothing is whose and how some of it wound up where it did, and I love the image of how he and Reid are dressed-Reid's outfit sounds weirdly adorable and yet strangely sexy all at the same time, and I'm giggling at the line about Morgan's boxers "boldly showing" to the room at large. That's a great line.

I also laughed at the idea of Hotch going so far as to remove his tie. Oooh. Hotch. You rebel, you. Despite the way it all seemed to end, it sounds like they'd had a fun evening with the team at large, so at least there's that, and the idea of Morgan and Reid barely getting a minute alone before just falling asleep in Reid's bed-awwww :). And thank you muchly for the gorgeous image of the sunlight being a halo around a messy-haired, sleepy-eyed, shirtless Reid. Mmm.

And I love that this ends on yet another comical note, with Morgan wrestling with the sheets (and his frustrated line about them "trying to prevent" Morgan from getting closer to Reid-again, I say, awww), and Reid suggesting Morgan beat the sheets into submission. And then Morgan's random comment at the end to the sheets themselves. LOL. Drunkeness is a strange state of mind in which to find oneself :D.

Very cute story. Again, happy to see another update to this-a great alternate take on the word "sunrise", to balance out the fluffy sweetness of the last chapter. Look forward to whatever you share next, as always!
faithwho1 chapter 11 . 2/9/2015
Purple is Ried's favorite color. BTW love these drabbles...
irishgirl9 chapter 34 . 2/6/2015