Reviews for Battle Royale: An Alien Perspective
Frank Vincent chapter 3 . 6/30
Lol, this is a decently written story so far, even though I'm sure it will never see a proper conclusion considering it's been over five years since an update. My big complaint however is that of Blaine Rhodes, he is such a frickin' Gary Sue. Like, really badly. A complaint I have with the original Battle Royale, at least in the manga, Shuya and even Shinji to an extent are Gary Sues for sure. Especially Shuya with his constant whining, his goody-two shoes pure-blood virgin attitude, every girl wanting him and every guy wanting to be him, despite him not earning jack shit pretty much throught the story, etc., etc.

Long story short, I get those vibes from Blaine, except made even worse considering he's the "white-savior" amidst a cast of all Japanese kids. Blaine lowkey feels like a poorly hidden self-insert. I genuinely mean it when I say I want Blaine to die a horrible death, not because he's a compelling villain or a disgusting bastard or what have you, but just because he's so boring and one dimensional and "Gary-Sue-like", that him dying seems like the most interesting outcome for a loser self-insert like him.

Otherwise, most of the other characters tbh are pretty hard to remember too. They all kiss Blaine's ass for no reason and seem to be defined by which clique they belong too/ what archetype they fill rather than being dynamic characters with inner lives of their own.

Tbh this story kinda sucks, I've already mostly forgotten what I've enjoyed about it. Lol.
VXxedgelordxXD chapter 3 . 4/6
Weeb san kun Nani desu nae chan
AlexFalTon chapter 39 . 10/15/2018
Dear Passionate Admiral,
This idea was pretty decent. I got into it and hopefully, you'll get back to it when you finish the 'Mountain's Range' Fanfic.
Guest chapter 4 . 4/11/2018
It's actually 50 classes each year just correcting you.
Scarbucks Coffee chapter 1 . 1/24/2017
Just read through it all. Not sure if you're still doing this or not, but my comments won't hurt nonetheless.

Okay, throughout this entire story, for some inexplicable reason I have been absolutely TERRIFIED for Gakuto. I keep getting the feeling that he's going to die, and that only increased as I got further along and he began orchestrating his plans. Considering what happened to Teru... I wouldn't be surprised if another mastermind got shot down.

A lot of the characters do have some personality and background and such, but some of them just felt irrelevant - like filler. An example of this is Tamayo's entire arc, since it didn't really affect either Blaine's group or Osanu's. The whole Jakobe - Michio thing counts too; I honestly expected Michio to have been a bit more impactful besides just being there to showcase Maki's sadistic side. I found him an interesting character... wonder what would've happened if he had run into someone else instead of Jakobe.

Though it is really well written. Good work!
Mjolnir chapter 39 . 3/17/2015
This is one of the best stories (not just including fanfiction) I have read, like ever. If you want to update a lot of people will be thankful, if not, a lot of people will be sad.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/7/2015
Are you still alive? Update soon please
Really chapter 1 . 1/6/2015
You haven't updated this in a year...at least write a few sentences telling us what happened? What is the envelope that Blaine has? How does it end?
Disappointed chapter 39 . 10/18/2014
It's been 10 months...really?!
Rockythetigre chapter 39 . 7/6/2014
Oh man sorry for not replying for 2...3? chapters. I was preoccupied and during the winter I managed to read the last chapters, but suddenly a new chapter arrived I haven't read before I could write a review. Really apologizes.

So yeah, I realized that Shuuichi and Maki both have weapons that fit them (as Shuuichi is trained with guns and Maki with bows). I wonder if that's a coincidence. Also, I felt like the Villain dialogue and setting was really awesome. I however felt bad that they planned everything, meaning that it'll fail. The Arguing between Ken and Yuuga was really, really interesting. And I think that Kenzou might play again if it fails. And the realistic thing with the sneezing is a seriously good point, as well as the dialogue in there. Same as Kenzou's thoughts and the scene with the getting naked.

But, why did Osamu talk to himself? I mean, couldn't the soldiers just hear his words? I think Osamu knows that they can here him.

And yeah the Kaito story is super cool, as I loved the gang, overall.

And I didn't expect the soldier to be shot, it was an excellent plot twist and the last character is finally revealed.

So yeah, huge apologizes. I feel guilty that this fantastic story got abandonded, because I didn't review. I'd love to read the next chapters, if that'll ever happen. If not, that's fine, too. Just write when you have motivation.
Guest chapter 39 . 6/1/2014
At least tell us how the fic would have ended instead of abandoning it for six months
Wanderer chapter 3 . 5/7/2014
By God... He's even more of a Mary Sue than Nanahara...

And that's saying something, considering every single girl was in love with Shuya, every single male would have given their life for him just because;, and in the manga / light novel, he cried in every scene about we don't have to play!'

To top that in Mary Sue-ness... You sir, have a gift.

Halfway through the third chapter we already know that Blaine Rhodes ((Stupid name)), who introduced himself like James Bond, is an excellent singer, actor, performer, marksman and quartermaster. That he is able to use every type of firearm from pistols to machine guns, to crossbows, to actual bows and most likely has an aptitude for close quarters combat with knife, axe and sword.

We've already got a potential fridge character / love interest in the form of Kiyomi ((Who's name I had to re-check because she's THAT forgettable)), multiple females have offered him sex / routinely try to seduce him. He's friends with all the cool guys', the list just goes on and on.

This is only half way through the third chapter, mind. Second chapter if we ignore your list.

I get that you want to start the battle already, but this beginning is really turning me off the story and likely many others as well. It would be wonderful if you could fix absolutely everything to this.
Concerned chapter 1 . 4/10/2014
Have you abandoned this? :(
Neon Pulsion chapter 14 . 2/24/2014
SPOILER ALERT, SPOILER ALERT! Aww man, I was hoping Namiko Abe and Rumi Hakugi would last long enough for a hot, "girl on guy rape," attempt scene on Blaine Rhodes with Kiyomi kicking their slutty asses to keep them from taking her man's virginity! Looks like this twist ending will have to do.

Speaking of Kiyomi she'd better keep her mouth shut, cause if Eiko finds out about the former's first victim, their will be hell to pay.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/22/2014