Reviews for Rise of the Rider
ivanganev1992 chapter 20 . 1/27
Ch 20 After Acclimate with the part of modern knolige Hiccup could improve something with enogh tries . And Do war Machines and whatever for whatever. Now what is hidden and the rings are the key what happens next? !
ivanganev1992 chapter 16 . 1/27
Ch 16
So much Dragon scales Disappeared. Project Fucked .
What now .
Farming 101 chapter 19 . 1/11
It's gotten better. So much better! Keep up the great work!
wman243 chapter 19 . 12/5/2016
Love it
OechsnerC chapter 20 . 12/2/2016
Update soon
Guest chapter 20 . 12/2/2016
So, Mack is, "...just the cook?"
Guest chapter 20 . 12/2/2016
So, Hiccup and Berk have to kill the Red Death on their own. Hopefully, they will be able to get some ideas, tools, and/or weapons to help out with this. Thanks for the update, and I am looking forward to more. Thank you again for staying with this awesome story.
ivanganev1992 chapter 19 . 11/26/2016
Ch 19

So it's Rosetown in advanced world . Modern age at least oboutc1900/1700 year after WW2 .

Hiccup can get his steel rope. And steel rope automatic tail . Or improvements depending of the recepy for steel rope making .

What technical advances he'll do when his tons of creative ideas become improved and modernised further .

I imagine modernised Hicup the engeneer/creator/innovator sniper sharp shooter . Guns and his Collapsive blade/saber or improve modernize inferno with the burning sword and flammable noxious hiding explosive gas better the Zippleback gas for higher damage beside Zippleback has cartridges .

For better Inferno . And better squirrel sout . And give Hiccup's ideas to fly freely and encountered.

II' like to see it happen .

If it's possible Groncle iron rope . Night Fury scale rope .

Better armour for Hicup and his Feet/Boots . I prefer healthy feet instead crushed mangled burned bloody
nightmare which might cost a foot .
bergmaster chapter 19 . 11/23/2016
Had to re-read basically the entire story to get myself back up to speed with the plot and premise, and let me tell you... I'm kind of glad I did, because I would have mistaken this story for something completely different if I hadn't. Even after spending the few days I had rereading the first 17 chapters though, and these two newest ones, I can't say with certainty that the refresher was totally helpful, or that I wouldn't have been much less confused without it. The abrupt shift in tone, character interests, and overall atmosphere between Chapters 18 and 19 was―dare I say it―world changing. I'm still not sure where this unexpected steampunk/modern-world concoction came from aside from a possible recent shift in your (the author's) interests, or where it fits into the world-building efforts that the first 17 chapters of the story were supposed to provide―excluding the ruby ring thing.

But I'll be damned if I said this strange turn of events won't make this story a bit more memorable. This shift kind of reminds me a bit of the "Standing Against, Standing Between" Champions series by Kinkor the Knight, which turned out to be an amazing read after you got past the initial wtf-shock. Looking forward to future updates, whatever they may bring. I just hope this stays far away from the TV series (incl. RTTE) and Drago/Valka; build on what YOU had originally imagined the story to be―don't pander to the new content just for the sake of keeping the updates coming or staying relevant to the "new" canon.
Theimissinglink chapter 19 . 11/19/2016
Hell
To the flipping yesssss
STEAMPUNK HTTYD
HELL YES
can't wait to see how this goes
Theimissinglink chapter 7 . 11/18/2016
Just finished reading chapter 7 and love the idea on the lifespan
I hate thinking toothless will live years after hiccup.
SparkleSeas chapter 19 . 11/17/2016
I really can't wait for the next update!
ChimaTigon chapter 19 . 11/16/2016
When are you going to update?
The One Who Reads Too Much chapter 19 . 11/8/2016
Ah, well, at least Toothless didn't get to make Hiccup into a murderer. Millimeters isn't a measurement back then...and apparently you've made HTTYD take place in present-ish times. Because Reasons...whatever, Toothless's plasma breath could explode or melt the steel easily anyway.
The One Who Reads Too Much chapter 18 . 11/8/2016
Ugh, I was so happy for this, but Toothless's fake moral quandary by using a false dichotomy is super annoying to the Rationalist part of my brain.