Reviews for Rise of the Rider
Kittenmewmew chapter 17 . 1/16
Please continue this is awesome!
Sparity101 chapter 17 . 12/31/2014
That is truly sad.
Guest chapter 18 . 12/6/2014
I am really looking forward to this story moving forward again. I know we will not be disappointed. Thank you for your outstanding work!
The One Who Reads Too Much chapter 18 . 12/2/2014
Hooray! I was really hoping for some good HiccupxAstrid stories to start popping up once HTTYD2 had them getting engaged, but I have unfortunately not found any so far.
Too many of them are using marriage contracts, almost-rape and other such detestable things/cliches even though they have perfectly good canon romance to build from.
I was really disappointed that the second movie focused so very little on Hiccup and Astrid growing closer together/getting engaged/getting married and had hoped fanfiction would fill that romance-void, but alas.
Until now! I'm not sure if you really plan to go in depth with the romance, but you've already covered more than the movies, so even if you keep it at the same level, I would be greatly pleased.
Quizer chapter 5 . 11/30/2014
When did 'mead' become 'meade'? Is this a malfunction of your spellchecker? There isn't really any alternate spelling for 'mead' that I know of...
Quizer chapter 4 . 11/30/2014
I'm noticing you have a definite wall-of-text syndrome in this story. Your readability is quite good, but it could be improved by making your paragraphs shorter, splitting the oversized ones in two where appropriate.

I liked Hiccup and Toothless flying really high. I wonder if he could come up with some kind of breathing aid to get around the thin air problem a little bit, though the possibility seems remote with the technology level Hiccup has access to. The telepathy thing is also interesting. Should be interesting to see where that leads.
Quizer chapter 3 . 11/30/2014
Nice. I like how all the time Hiccup has spent with Toothless and gaining confidence from being good at flying has left its mark on his psyche, enough to be noticeable by the others. Looking forward to see how it will go from here.

Keep up the good work!
Quizer chapter 1 . 11/30/2014
You call this a retelling in the author's notes, but Dragon training being postponed makes it AU, so it's really more of a re-imagining? At least I hope that this divergence will cause some interesting ripples.
Yes!your back!
Angryhenry chapter 18 . 11/30/2014
I never forgot your screen name, after a year I never forgot, hell, I wrote your name on my mark for a month! And this is in my top 5 fav httyd tics

1 chasing thunderstorms. (foxy's girl)
2 becoming lifbprasir. (midoriko same)
3 rise of the rider. (AFCJ)
4 how to survive the zombie apocalypse by Mikayla fireman
5 dragon spirit by sully ranger
Guest chapter 18 . 11/30/2014
Darn! I should've read the latest update before actually reading the story. -_-;; Now I'm hooked! And I know it'll probably feel weird reading this all over again, considering that you'll be changing some parts of the story. Not that I'm against it. I actually say, "Go for it!"

Judging from how the preceeding chapters were well-written, I'll hold on to your word. Man! I rarely leave a review but this... I regret not stumbling into this sooner!
guest chapter 18 . 11/30/2014
I hope you'll keep updating, this is a great story.
Guest chapter 18 . 11/30/2014
Thank you, thank you for updating. This is my favorite story, I have probably read it at least a dozen times. I'm glad you are not abandoning it. I am sure you will do a fine job on your rewrites and the rest of the story. Thanks for letting those of us who love this story know what is going on. Looking forward to the rest of the story whenever you get it to us. I appreciate all the hard work you have put into it. Thanks again.
BookWorm2the2ndPower chapter 18 . 11/30/2014
So glad your writing again, I can't wait to see what you've done!
Ken106348 chapter 18 . 11/30/2014
I will be looking forward for a update