Reviews for The Wayfarer
Sinceslicedbread chapter 1 . 10/26/2014
Oh my goodness. I am soooooooooooooooo intrigued right now. Who or what is Evan? I know he is meant to be a facsimile/replacement Ianto, but is he really a friend or foe?
Answers on a tablet please.
buddieswithbilis chapter 16 . 8/4/2014
What a superb update! :)

From the fluffiness of a domesticated Jack, Evan and the lovely Laszlo ... through to Dani the apologizing dog! (hilarious ... lol moment) ... then the amazing attitude of Abigail ( love her!)... along with Jack's surprise house refurbishment for them all to live in, and of course the Christmas prezzie of a proposal ... this chapter had everything! It's one of the most heart-lifting chapters from anybody that I've read in a long while :)

With Rigel lurking in the background, though, I just know there'll be more angst and grief of some sort for the happy couple!

Absolutely loved this!

More please :) ... bwb.
sd4ianto chapter 16 . 8/1/2014
Wow that chapter was so packed with things. I love Abigale and of course Laszlo.
StarKayak chapter 16 . 7/28/2014
Enjoying this continuation of the tale. Love the characters, especially Dani and Evan-so original. So...what is up with the Doctor, I wonder. :)
Bloodsong 13T chapter 16 . 7/28/2014
great chapter, i really enjoyed it.

i like the angst and the action stuff, but i like some nice happy (fluffy) stuff now and again. but it looks like a little foreshadowing of something to worry about coming up...!
sd4ianto chapter 1 . 7/27/2014
I'm a little surprised that Gwen and Jack would be starting a new Torchwood together after she was willing to sell him down the river in MD.
buddieswithbilis chapter 15 . 5/27/2014
Sorry for the delay ... have been slightly preoccupied with completing something of my own. :)

Okay ... chapter fifteen ... I love the way that Jack feels so protective of Evan, it's nice to see this softer side of him. And glad that Dani is going to be okay ... it was nice to learn a bit more about his background this time.

Looks like the plot will start to thicken if Jack does go to visit Evan's mom and Sister Abigail ( I can imagine the latter being an interesting challenge for him. lol )

And Rigel? Wow, if Evan continues to have only less and less control over him, what else could happen? If I was Jack I'd want to keep Evan as close as possible from now on! These powers of his are going to get them all into a hell of a lot of trouble if they're not careful.

I'm actually intensely fascinated by Rigel, this starry entity has piqued my curiosity ... and I still have my theories on certain issues regarding both host and parasite ... but I'll leave things regarding that issue right there for now. :)

Kalamata olives and feta cheese? Yay! Chuck them together with some raw red onion and some hot fries then; along, also, with bruschetta piled high with tons of fresh basil, you have my all time favourite dish! So, no thanks to you for making me ravenous for some when I have no access to any of the ingredients :)

Nice to see another chapter from you :) And ... despite the rumbling belly ... I'm eagerly looking forward to reading the next one. :)
StarKayak chapter 15 . 5/12/2014
So nice to see this back online. Loving the recovery story of Evan and background on Dani's people.
PCJanto chapter 14 . 5/11/2014
Awesome story,I though I would never enjoy a non Janto story,But this has proven me wrong.
buddieswithbilis chapter 14 . 12/9/2013
I found this story recently and having gradually made my way through it to get thus far ( chapter 14 ), I would just like to say how wonderful it actually is. Aside from being really well written it's full of imaginative ideas and characters.

Plus, ... a serious note to any of you out there who are not giving it a chance because it's not Janto centric ... please give it a go, you'll be surprised at how much like a Jack/Ianto story this actually is :) With the essence of the character Evan and the relationship that Jack has with him seeming so familiar ... you get just as much lost in their world as you would do a Jack and Ianto fic. ... plus there's a little bit of Gwen ... or maybe I'm doing the author a disservice by mentioning that part! Lol ... it's an extended cameo! You'll hardly know she's there ... honest :)

The story itself is actually nothing like anything I've read before on this site, it's packed with, (although non-canon ), different, yet interesting, characters who get drawn into one action packed scenario after another ... and I defy anyone not to be just a little bit in love with Evan by the end of it :)

Another surprise has been the recent appearance of Hollis and crew from Exodus Code, who provide a much needed ride home for the team after a hostage situation in the States. It was a brave chance to take but their inclusion works really well with the story.

I hope there are going to be no more lengthy excursions by the author, this story deserves to be finished ... if only to satisfy my own curiosity and theory on why Evan knew so much about Jack before he met him :)

I've also come to the conclusion that everybody should have somebody in their life who is part Star/ part Human :) ( I'll have Evan if Jack ever tires of him ... yeah, like that's going to happen ... lol ) :)

Really hoping this is going to be updated soon ... it's a stunningly good read! ... bwb.
sd4ianto chapter 2 . 12/1/2013
What happened to Gwen being the heart of Torchwood? There to remind the rest of them what it's like to be human? She was more open to an alien that they knew had killed, in fact two aliens, but she's reserved about Evan? Why? Is she jealous?
StarKayak chapter 14 . 11/30/2013
This chapter was worth the wait. It flows well with insight, humor, and originality. Loved it.
Bloodsong 13T chapter 13 . 9/23/2013
this is an amazing work. really solid writing! the characters really come alive with a lot of depth, and even with some baggage. hey, even the 'bad guys'! normally, i can't relate to original characters, but these guys really come alive.

the plot is fantastic, too. very layered. the whole backstory with dani is intriguing, with it's own complications and details. it's very realistic and organic, not 'tacked on' as some histories in other stories can be.

i think i like best that the people in the story don't always get along perfectly. and especially that jack can be a dick (which is so true of him), and the others can get annoyed with him. it makes them more human. (or humanoid, as the case may be :X )

if you don't continue this story, it would be a great tragedy to the history of mankind! so, you know... get to work! please? :)
Ori chapter 13 . 9/7/2013
Wow - read the story in one go. What a creative approach - love the star in Evan.
Thank you for sharing the story with us!
Ori
RageBekka chapter 13 . 8/26/2013
Why you don't have more reviews dumbfounds me. This is beyond amazing and probably the best fanfic I've ever read on this site. You've got a great amount of talent about you.

Keep going. You're amazing.