Reviews for In the Shadow of Stanton
countessvorkosigan chapter 7 . 6/3/2005
I've read & reviewed this before & you were nice enough to reply-thanks! I just wanted to see how it stood up to a repeated, later reading & the verdict is-very well. Not all stories do. I stand by my original statement that the kiss scene was rather sudden & didn't have enough UST leading up to it, but I noticed in the last chapter a comment about how Will's presence had prevented them from noticing each other previously. I don't think I saw that before-how the half-remembered sense of urgency & trying to get something done, focused around Will, had maybe prevented them from becoming closer then...which is *why* his abscence allows them to do so now. So, ok. But I still think a shirtless scene & a shared confession or two *first* would make it smoother. *sulks* I think you took the right tack on how much slash to put in, too-maybe it was because you didn't want to get booted off , but for *this* story & their age, the differences in their backgrounds, having people constantly around unless they want to vanish into the hills for the day,etc...it was right. So now you need to go to & write me a slutty smut version. Right now, chop chop! Er...*ahem* sorry, just got a little overenthusiastic there. *sheepish grin* Again, you have a beautiful grasp on language, the dialogue flows well & there's no awkwardness in phrasing. And, what still brings tears to my eyes, you know how to spell. *sniffle* No joke, if you only knew how many times I've seen withering instead of writhing...

I was reading a few of the other reviews & just want to know what the hell is kay's problem? You labeled it Simon/Bran slash, so what did she expect? And this is *fanfiction*, hello, not canon! If she doesn't like it, then she shouldn't be reading it; she had no business blasting you like that. And then to request you write more because "I've had time to calm down now.". Ha! Ignore the infidel.

I *was* wondering if you've written anything else, in any fandom? If so, I'd like to read it. It would be interesting to see how you've grown as a writer. Thanks for sharing & keep up the good work! :)
Riverflame chapter 7 . 2/26/2004
I actually read this a while ago, and I meant to comment but I guess I didn't! how bad of me. This is a really great story, I'm impressed by your ability to keep the two most enigmatic personalities (of the kids, at least) in character. Adorable! I like how it begins too, paralleling how Will comes to Wales in the Sequence. And how they're awkward without Will there. heck, there's a lot of really cool stuff about this story!
countessvorkosigan chapter 7 . 2/4/2004
I thought this was well-written, and an interesting pairing. I've never seen it before. But there wasn't enough interaction *before* the kiss to explain any attraction that would have them suddenly leap on each other, so to speak. Maybe some intensity added to the early chapters, some unexpectedly naughty flirting, or a few heartfelt conversations sharing private thoughts not normally aired would help. You have a very good command of language. Thanks for sharing.
Natzlin chapter 7 . 1/17/2004
Wei! New cahpter! The endig is just so sweet
Kay, sorry for calling you "him", since I wasn't sure if you were a boy or a girl, I picked him. *shrug* dunno why. and In the books nothing is really said either way. No romances, nothing very obvious. And the's the point of fanfiction really, to change the things in canon that you don't like, to tell the stories that never got told. I read almost exclusevly slash. I don't know why, maybe beacuse in the fandoms I like there are many strong and intersting male characters and not so many intersting females (not that I have anything against femslash or anything ). Uh, yeah, that was what I wanted to say I suppose.
leonsalanna chapter 7 . 11/26/2003
*whimper* *whimper* *whimper* that was so adorable! Do you think you can write anymore S/Bs? I loved that part where Bran was just thinking about Simon. cariad...

*sigh*
leonsalanna chapter 6 . 10/21/2003
Hehehe, you crazy brit. Thats not the end, is it? I reeally hope not.
japbookfan101 chapter 6 . 9/20/2003
This is a great story! But I'm wondering if the story is finished to to be contined. Could you tell me? My e-mail is
Natzlin chapter 1 . 9/12/2003
*points to "kay"s review* Don't listen to him. If you don't even dare to actually spell out the swear words you use you have no buisness flaming. He didn't even have a point to the review. Please, please, please don't let one idiot discourage you from continuing with this lovley fic. I've read loads of bad fics and way to much bad slash, you have a real talent for writing, don't stop. You have at least on fan, I send you lots of love from Sweden and hope you do continue this.

Maria
Natzlin chapter 6 . 8/27/2003
aw! fluff! WAFF! this was so sweet! I'm very very very happy you decided to finish this and I'll be waiting for your next chapter anxiously ('cause you *are* gouing to write more, right?).
Natzlin chapter 5 . 3/6/2003
ya koow I'd love to finish this but alas I can't write like this. Good work, I really liked this story, after I read this I read a couple of other the Dark is Rising fics, and now I'm totally in to TDIR slash D
Elske chapter 2 . 8/8/2002
Ooo! I'm really enjoying this so far. Please keep writing, I'm intrigued. :)

*Elske AKA Cariad
Gramarye chapter 1 . 7/25/2002
Intrigued...very, very intrigued. I want to see where this is going, mainly because I've always had a hard time seeing Simon out of the context of his siblings. This promises to be interesting. _ I'll be looking forward to the next chapter-Cheers!
not being used chapter 1 . 7/25/2002
Kali: Hm... I think we shall read this story, apprentice_.

Brit: Uh oh, she took you under her wing for some odd reason, Sammy... wait, why? It doesn't have Will in it-

Kali: *stamps on her foot*

Brit: Ow...

Kali: Well, it looks good, and I like Si!

Brit: *is pouting her heart out trying to get out of reading it*

Kali: Well 'I' like it! Miss Signseeker Freak doesn't have to.

Brit: *pouts harder*
Emeriel chapter 1 . 7/25/2002
Great story but hurry up with the next chapter please, I love these stories, and yours is also unusual in character factor. But please hurry up, it sounds great!