Reviews for And Every Map Is Blank
whitealmond chapter 1 . 6/24
Wonderful and intriguing take on the series, with a kind of bittersweet feel to it. It was very lovely.
ilovebks chapter 1 . 10/12/2014
Brilliant writing. I think you guys should become authors!
ravenwings52 chapter 1 . 5/28/2014
Sometimes a fanfiction can be written better than the book.
kitaru chapter 1 . 4/4/2013
Oh my god, these two stories are both heartrending. I will admit that I had to stop reading for a moment in the middle to compose myself.

It didn't work.
EmoPiglet169 chapter 1 . 3/28/2013
Wow. This is...so good. Awesome. And what makes it even more awesome is that a lot (A LOT) of the fic in this fandom sucks. But is good. So... yeah.
Crest of Water chapter 1 . 2/16/2013
This was such a lovely and delightful find! I have not read any Artemis Fowl fic in a long time and only vaguely remember details of the book, but I am truly glad I clicked on this in curiosity!

Everything about this piece is gorgeous and poignant. The details you weave of her writing process, the way he watches her and reflects on it and the emotions felt throughout everything. I love the format in which you chose to tell this, little in dialogue but rich in detail and description. It is truly a beautiful piece on a really interesting concept and I am thankful for such a wonderful read!
Lli chapter 1 . 1/18/2013
This is lovely! A fabulous idea with excellent execution.
Plus, that is an awesome song.
Woodswolf chapter 1 . 12/26/2012
Oh, my god... I want more from you guys, okay? You're both too awesome.
HolidayBoredom chapter 1 . 12/18/2012
I read this on my phone when it was first published and had meant to review it then... but here I am reviewing it now.

I love it. I love the concept, I love the way you wrote it. It followed me around for the day after I read it and I now that I've re-read it I think it's gonna stick to me yet again.

A ginger Artemis? 'a terminal case of being ginger'. I resent that! I am a red-head (the preferred term) and I do not see it in anyway connected to having a disease! (I know you were larking and I haven't taken offence :P) Ah, jeez. I'm Welsh and am so pale, so ginger and so blue-eyed, you look up 'celt' in a kid's encyclopedia and there I am (minus the woad and the brain-spattered axe). I love a ginger Artemis. That's just... fucked him up in a wonderful way in my mind. And taking away the name of 'Artemis'. Just so clever. just... taints him again in my head in this... weirdly wonderful and logical way. Of COURSE he's not got that stupid name. He's got something darker and... I don't know. Like the book version of 'Artemis' is him in a funfair mirror. Weird and addictive concept. I've KIND of done a version of this in my own fic - taken Artemis and changed him, thrown all the mud back onto him, revealed him to be different from the 'canon' version... but obviously you've done something different here. And I love it.

I wasn't so sure about stating bluntly in the story that Holly wrote the books for Artemis. I think the way you wrote it screamed that anyway - maybe it would have pushed the beauty up a 0.567% by not saying it... Just a small thing that I could be very wrong about. It's like reading a sonnet woven with a really beautiful and complicated conceit and then finding 'yeah, its about love' written at the end of it. You get me? I dunno. Again, stupid picky thing.

'[...]like tracing a web of arteries backwards to uncover a beating heart.' stunning. Actually sighed out loud reading that. Love it when a simile punches like that. Bang on.

Wasn't so sure about the first (proper) paragraph. I think you got into things much better after that. I mean 'sticky twine'? Really? You can patently do better that that (and have). I did like the read thread however. 'with so much past sitting like an anchor between the two of them, it was impossible to simply be' - hmm. Well an anchor... anchors you, so yeah you would pretty much just 'be'. It's a symbol for stability, for being grounded. So that simile didn't work in my opinion.

This one shot inspires me to write something... along the same lines? I don't know. It's a concept I would love to have a play with (if you're alright with that - I'd obviously sign post you in the A/N if I did do anything). I don't know what I would do - or whether I'd just be re-writing a version of what you've already done... It will come to me if it ever does.

But yes! Superb job. I'll stick it in my favourites and who knows, maybe it'll get more of the attention it patently deserves.

cheers,

Holi
Emberflames7 chapter 1 . 11/26/2012
That was wonderful. The way you spread your words was marvelous. Your descriptions, and inferences were beautifly made, and the reasoning that it was in "Holly's" POV was interesting. Good job.
HollyArty foeva chapter 1 . 11/25/2012
This was a truly beautiful story backed by an amazingly novel perspective to the series.

You have a WAY with words?, my friend! Oh, I say this everytime I happen upon a story with such wonderful descriptions as these but I DP wish that I could write as well as you! I never would have thought of this if I had my whole life to think about it, I am sad to say. But, I guess that is why God put people like you here. To make up for what people like me are lacking in.

I loved it! I hope to read another of your stories soon!

You really deserve more reviews… let's hope mine helps. ;)

Peace, Love, CHEESE!
•LIVE well.
•LOVE always.
•LIFE is good!
*EAL*
artyfan chapter 1 . 11/22/2012
This was really, really good. I thought the same thing after I first read the Last Guardian. The Last Guardian wasn't exactly my favourite Artemis Fowl book, but the end was heartbreaking - the whole series was a cycle.

It's a beautiful thought - Holly writing the books for Artemis so that he could remember everything they'd been through together. You articulated that incredibly well. I'm impressed.