Reviews for Champions of the Founders
johfra chapter 15 . 6/14
love your story i wish i could write but that is my sisters gift mine is in other areas
LittleDetails chapter 7 . 5/13
Well, actually, a Black can cause fatal damage to another Black as shown when Bellatrix (first cousin to Sirius) you know... k-killed Siris *cue dramatic sobbing* in the department of mysteries.

Of course, because this is a fanfiction, I can let it slide.
;D
Torry-Riddle chapter 15 . 4/21
This was amazing. I couldn't stop reading it. I love it soo much.
missgsmith51 chapter 15 . 3/9
I really enjoyed your story. I especially like the fact that you frequently reiterated that teenaged Harry wasn't expected to clean up the whole Voldemort mess on his own. Sirius and Amelia showed what can happen when intelligent people are in charge and they don't take orders from the highest bidder.

While I don't think Jo intended for us to see Dumbledore as evil or incompetent, the truth is that, when we really scrutinize his actions - what he did as well as what he chose not to do - we can make a case for him being both. I firmly believe that Dumbledore was responsible for much of the interhouse rivalries by treating them as innocent pranks rather than the precursors to open warfare that they were. By refusing to adequately punish some truly dangerous attacks between students, he is giving tacit acceptance of it. I think it was perfect that you actually showed that he had placed wards to encourage these hostilities.

While I normally do not like Snape or Draco, it was nice to see them behave like civilized human beings for once. I also enjoyed the interactions with the Founders in the current time. Generally, our heroes are all sent back in time to learn from them. I thought it was fitting that they train the kids in the time in which they are actually living.

I like the way you dealt with Voldemort and Dumbledore. It was kind of a relief not to have a big showdown where hundreds of good guys die ... the flashy kind of confrontation both Voldemort and Dumbledore seem to favor.

Thank you for sharing your story with us.
missgsmith51 chapter 12 . 3/9
"... [Dolores Umbridge] is already in custody and won't be causing problems for anyone anymore anyway." Dolores was tried, fought a Blood Duel with Harry, and was sent through the Veil in chapter 8, so she definitely should not be causing any more trouble.

Snape is really OOC, isn't he? It sounds as if the invasion of the Founders is the very best thing that could have happened to him. He has a new lease on life!
missgsmith51 chapter 11 . 3/9
I like the way you handled this little invasion and battle. Voldemort is without his true, matched wand, and he is frightened and more than a bit insane, it would seem. He is also permanently without two of his strongest fighters, Rookwood and Bella, and his familiar and final Horcrux, Nagini. I do not think enough of his soul remains to make another Horcrux, at this point, so he has been rendered mortal.

I suppose the real question is whether Voldemort will remain in Britain and ultimately fight Harry or retire somewhere to "lick his wounds" and try to find a way to strengthen himself. If he believes Harry is still a Horcrux, he might resolve the problem himself by trying another resurrection ritual to regain a new body. Unfortunately (for him, that is), the ritual would kill his current body, and the lack of a Horcrux would send what is left of him On ... and what a reception committee will be waiting for him beyond the Veil!
missgsmith51 chapter 10 . 3/9
I think the punishments of Ron and Ginny are going to trouble Harry for a long time. Should they receive the death penalty? I am not sure that their punishments should be harsher than Dumbledore's and Molly's, as those two are the adults who got the ball rolling in the first place. Ron certainly does seem like a thoroughly bad apple whose beliefs are about as disgusting as Umbridge's, yet look how Harry mourned even her death. I'm simply uncertain whether their deaths - or Ginny's, at least - might not cause Harry more suffering than relief, when all is said than done.
missgsmith51 chapter 9 . 3/8
Ron is not my favorite character even in canon, and I was surprised that he would be paired with Hermione. Some of the remarks he has made about Muggles over the years have been incredibly insensitive and uncaring, yet it is obvious that Hermione loves her parents. Was he planning for her to just leave them obliviated after the war? Did he assume she wouldn't want them in her life anymore? I suppose she may have given that impression, considering how little of her free time she spent with them after her first year in Hogwarts.

Anyway, the sewage he spouted during his trial sounds a lot like what might come out of his mouth if he hadn't been guarding himself. I've always seen a great similarity between Ron and canon Draco. His hostilities toward Harry certainly go far deeper here, however, than anything he shows in canon. One has to wonder where he initially picked up these ideas, considering his father and four of his older brothers treated Harry like family. Dumbledore must have seen something in Ron that caused him to choose Ron for the role of spy. Or is it possible that Ron is under some compulsions, as well? Has he been checked?
missgsmith51 chapter 8 . 3/8
I suppose that being able to mourn the loss of even someone as rotten and evil as The Toad is a pretty good indicator that Harry is anything but Dark. It should never be easy to take a life or cause one to be taken. Harry understands this. With the Toad gone, life should improve greatly for Remus, Hagrid, and others in similar circumstances. The Wizengamot seems to be fairly united in its disgust with her attitudes and actions, and that should make it easier.
missgsmith51 chapter 7 . 3/8
"Things went as smooth as silk," said Harry pulling out Luna and Hannah's rings ..." Don't you mean Susan rather than Hannah?

Molly certainly received mercy at the hand of Harry and the Wizengamot. I hope they all don't live to regret that mercy. Since Harry was so forgiving of Molly, I wonder if Ginny and Ron will be expecting a similar easy ride.
missgsmith51 chapter 6 . 3/8
"It is our belief that Miss Weasley was never in any danger," admitted Augusta. "From what we can tell, it would appear that she was dying from having her life force drained from her by the Dark Lord. However, if her life WASN'T in danger and this was a setup, she could do what she did and not lose her life or magic."

I'm very confused by Augusta's statement. Does she mean Ginny was not in danger in her first year or she was not in danger of violating the life debt? If the latter, wasn't she the one who brewed the potions that were used to get Hermione to betray Harry? Or is that how she was not guilty - because she didn't directly potion Harry? Her actions certainly contributed to harming him, which I should think the life debt would interpret that way. I'm curious to know what is learned about all of this.

I wonder if the Wizengamot gets as sick of hearing about the Greater Good as everyone else in Dumbledore's world. If I were Harry, I would be exceedingly weary of being called the next Dark Lord. If anyone is a Dark Lord, it's Dumbledore. I certainly hope the Goblins can keep him contained.
missgsmith51 chapter 3 . 3/8
Why am I not surprised that Molly was involved? I hope SHE is put under Veritaserum and questioned. Perhaps Percy should be questioned, as well. It's possible that he, too, was acting under some potion or Compulsion Charm cast by Dumbledore.

I'm curious to know why Ron says "the rest of us have to work hard to get what we have. He has all that money and we deserve some of it for what he has put us through the last four years." Ron is a lazy git who has rarely worked; he just copies Harry's work or borrows Hermione's. She does actually work hard; but it sounds as if Harry has worked hard, as well, doing a set of correct work and hiding it in his trunk. Hermione obviously didn't know that Harry did the correct work but turned in substandard work. Perhaps she would be less self-righteous if she realized he had been hiding his true abilities, because he knew it was important to her to be perceived as the best.

The Founders' ghosts seem to have the measure of the traitors. I wonder if Hermione will return when her suspension is up. Can her ego handle being demoted and having to repeat a year?

I'm glad the twins are innocent. I hate when they are bad guys. It's interesting that very few FF authors ever make Arthur or the twins bad guys.

Given the number of criminal things some of the kids have done as minors - at least in fan fiction - I'm surprised there isn't a Wizarding equivalent of the Muggle juvenile detention centers. Breaking a child's wand isn't really much of a deterrent, IMO, since it doesn't appear that difficult to have another wand made. If the kid is from an old family, there may even be compatible wands from deceased ancestors stashed away in the family vault. If the family doesn't support the punishment, it's even possible that the child will continue to be tutored or "home-schooled" well enough to pass OWLs or NEWTs once the punishment is up. If such is the case, then no real punishment was endured. Unless the child's magic is bound, there would have been very little inconvenience, even supposing a major crime had been committed. Just a thought ...
missgsmith51 chapter 2 . 3/8
Interesting. I wondered why Hermione was sent back to Gryffindor. Usually she sticks like glue to Harry. I can't wait to hear (read?) her tantrum now that she knows she won't be head girl. THAT has been her goal since she stepped onto the Hogwarts Express for the first time. I wonder if she will plead the Nuremberg Defense. In at least half the stories I've read that feature them, her father is an ex-military man to whom honor and integrity are very important. I'm curious to find out how your version of Mr. Granger will react to the news of his daughter's perfidy.

Hermione isn't often a villainess, but she does have a couple of flaws that, when properly exploited by the author, can become far more than merely obsessive and a bit irritating to Harry and everyone else. She has been known to betray his confidences for opportunities to read rare tomes that are kept from other students. In some cases she has actually been given rare Potter family books and Grimoires. Her authority worship and obsessive need to be perceived as academically superior to others usually helps her justify her betrayals as merely "helping" Dumbledore keep poor, dim Harry from harming himself ... or "going Dark." It will be interesting to see how you portray her.

Ron and Ginny are usually easier, with various forms of greed being at the root of their treachery. The greed is mainly for money and the various needs it can fulfill, but both kids like the spotlight and long to be fawned over and envied, so that also plays a role more often than not. Are any other Weasleys, particularly Molly, involved?
missgsmith51 chapter 1 . 3/8
Whoa! That has certainly been a long time coming. Have you been dreaming of someone doing this ever since you read Order of the Phoenix? I know I have wanted someone in authority to storm in and blow away the bad guys every time I read "Hem-hem" or see the words Greater Good. (The ability to do this is one of my favorite things about fan fiction.)

I'm surprised at Snape. I would have expected him to leave the castle and the country with all due speed and head for someplace like Guam or Tasmania or Patagonia - somewhere far from Voldemort's reach. I wonder why he is staying in the castle when it seems as if Dumbledore will be leaving soon enough. Surely he doesn't expect the same freedoms from McGonagall.

Well, time to see who is skewered next!
madmummy4 chapter 15 . 3/5