Reviews for Mordekaiser
Obsessive Consumptive Reader chapter 1 . 10/6/2014
Ending sucks what? No, I think the ending was pretty friggin creepy. Well said.
Sages death chapter 1 . 5/15/2013
Creepily well written dude I aplaud you for this story.
Kimnd chapter 1 . 1/26/2013
I've never played Dishonored, or even read about it, so I don't know who Corvo is or who the guy talking to him is or what mission you're talking about or anything about this game beyond what you tell me in this story.
Due to those limitations, it's impressive that you manage to establish the way that you saw Corvo when playing as him so well, through the other guy describing his actions and how (apparently, if his word is to be believed) he feels about his killing.
This is even more powerful because of the nature of the game itself. (I looked this up, but it was pretty self evident from the way it was presented here) The player, and Corvo by extension, doesn't have to kill anybody other than the mission goal people (I guess). By portraying Corvo as extremely as you have, it's creepy because we know that the guy telling us that he can, in fact, help himself- it's the other half of the mechanic of the game that gives him the ability to kill in the first place.
The fact that you define a character that is subjective to each person and how they played through the game and claim that he has no ability to control his actions was what made the story so effective for me. You take the typical understanding of the medium of your subject, defined by a large amount of choice, and pull that rug out from under the reader.
The ending is a little "meh", but the last sentence is definitely needed, since it sums up the central point of the story.
Venergizer chapter 1 . 11/28/2012
this was great, no, perfect absolutely perfect.
WaddleBuff chapter 1 . 11/27/2012
Well, well.

This was great, even though I don't really know the context of everything that's going on in this.

Flawless writing-wise, except I think that the last sentence of the story could make the ending much more potent.

Great job and I think you should write more darkfics. lol idk You should have a knack for them.

An Average Rambler chapter 1 . 11/26/2012
Wow, I really enjoyed reading that. Especialy the killer Corvo take aswell as the morbid Boyle party
bren97122 chapter 1 . 11/23/2012
I quite like this, it's about time we saw a change from the usual fluffy, loving Corvo to a more unhinged, gleeful killer Corvo.