Reviews for It Only Stands to Reason
Kuwpp2 chapter 41 . 5/5
Lady Catherine having the last word was a surprise.
I enjoyed your story. Thank you for sharing.
Kuwpp2 chapter 38 . 5/5
Wickham: "you made me work for him." Lol Wickham. Even now he's passing the blame.
Kuwpp2 chapter 36 . 5/5
Considering Elizabeth came so close to losing so many people dear to her in one day, I am surprised she would treat her father so callously when he almost lost his life and was currently injured. Talk about ruthless. She didn't even want to see him to bring him tea. On one hand she wants Darcy and her father to make amends, and they do, but she is still holding a grudge with her father.
Kuwpp2 chapter 33 . 5/5
If Elizabeth still held Darcy's accountable for trusting Wickham, then she should understand her Father's position concerning Darcy and Wickham's relationship as well.
Kuwpp2 chapter 32 . 5/5
So Elizabeth assigns the most dangerous mission for herself? And alone?
Kuwpp2 chapter 26 . 5/5
I think Piper is my favorite.
Kuwpp2 chapter 23 . 5/4
Bennet doesn't mince words.
Kuwpp2 chapter 21 . 5/4
Darcy had another opportunity to fall for Wickham lies, but did not back down. Darcy and Bennet eyes are open to Wickham's scheming and they are having none of it.
Kuwpp2 chapter 19 . 5/4
I'm glad Darcy didn't believe Wickham AND Darcy kicked him out on top of that.
Kuwpp2 chapter 11 . 5/4
I'm not sure why Elizabeth dislikes Wickham at this point. When did Elizabeth get a chance to sketch Wickham's character. There has been no interaction between the two mentioned, as of yet.
Kuwpp2 chapter 5 . 5/3
Darcy didn't find it strange that he was asked to interview a maid? Has he ever interviewed any of the household staff? Where's Mrs. Reynolds? Strange indeed.
Kuwpp2 chapter 1 . 5/3
The battle I had with myself (I was frozen staring at my screen trying to comprehend what I just read in the beginning. Just say no and exit the story...lol) Darcy had been married to Anne! And has two boys! It felt like Darcy cheated on Elizabeth, although they haven't met and Lady Catherine won.
I did finish the first chapter and it seems pretty interesting. Well, I'm all in, a look forward to a good read.
MelodieMLB chapter 41 . 3/18
Thank you. I really enjoyed this.
Pros: Fascinating AU setup, engaging OCs (Piper 3), engrossing plot, depictions of mature relationships and realistic disability

Cons: Elizabeth as Strong!yet!Insecure!Tomboy is a bit overdone. There's a super weird emotionally incestuous relationship between Elizabeth and Bennet, as well as normalization of violence by both Darcy and Bennet (slamming of fists on things, grabbing women by their chins, physically grabbing women and dragging them places despite their protests).

Strong themes of paternalism are depicted both critically and uncritically: Elizabeth's opinions are initially dismissed by both, but she is then vindicated. On the other hand Elizabeth being fought over as territory by father and love interest is pretty icky, and it's not examined how that's a bad thing. While women being viewed as men's property is definitely historically accurate, what brings it into icky-incest territory is the additional physical affection between father and daughter (embracing, putting heads on chins, and other gestures shared by her romantic interest), and the direct comparison of Elizabeth as fulfilling Bennet's need for a companion after he is widowed.
DJArla chapter 41 . 1/22