Reviews for Land Of The Flame
silvereyedbitch chapter 1 . 12/1/2012
I totally agree with hobgoblin. No better way to start the day! The most recent two stories that I put out a couple days ago took the breath out of me. I don't know how you guys do it with all the different works you have in progress. My tiny mind can't encompass it! LOL! Thanks again for another promising beginning that's left me hoping for more!
Herdcat chapter 1 . 11/24/2012
an enjoyable read - very different idea - I really liked the Tarrant extracts they were in character but also very human and any opportunity to see him before he became the Hunter is always cool - I think it must be very difficult to get inside a mind that complex and write it in character so well done! I look forward to seeing how this goes - also phoenixes yay!
hobgoblin123 chapter 1 . 11/23/2012
There can't be a better way to start a dreary Friday than staggering to your pc and finding another one of your lovely Coldfire fics! The first chapter's intriguing, and I'm eagerly waiting for more. Don't worry about Gerald being out of character; he very much sounds like his usual self. Poor sod! The ignorance and stupidity of his clerical contemporaries must drive him to distraction. 'Why will they not listen?' Big sigh, because we all know where this is leading... For me it's always been a bitter irony that the men of the church kind of created a self-fulfilling prophecy the way they treated their Prophet. Because of his adeptitude they considered him a monster, cornered him until he was at a loss and caused the creation of a true monster in the process. I only have to read 'banned from print...' to feel my hackles rising, lol.

What truly amazes me is how little we know about the background of each person, the politics etc. For example I always imagined Gerald striking his hell's bargain at the age of twenty-nine, in the same year he had his first heart attack. Obviously he would have been just seventeen or eighteen at most when he married Almea, because I very much doubt that a man like Tarrant would leave it to chance that his heir was conceived in the marital bed;-), so your guess might be closer to the truth. But, as I've already mentioned, we just don't know...