Reviews for The Apprentice
Pseudo Twili chapter 1 . 3/17
There aren't many truly enjoyable Spirit Tracks stories on this site, but I believe I have found a great one here! It is short but it holds such meaning, such feeling. The fact that the old hero showed kindness to a young Russell, mentored him, and then years later Russell helped a young boy of the same name. It's perfect. I love it! I guess the only thing I wish is that I could read it longer. Haha...

Spirit Tracks is an underrated game and I am so glad to see stories like this one! Thank you for writing this!
SayMrrp chapter 1 . 7/28/2015
Pfft, there's a cute kid in both stories, and an awesome mentor too
IrishTeaFaerie chapter 1 . 11/10/2014
OK, this is cute! I like it! Keep up the good work!
Waffleface chapter 1 . 3/24/2014
This was really cool. I always liked the idea that some characters whose lives overlapped with those of multiple Links might have noticed the similarities-Niko, for example, pointing out the lack of differences between Spirit Tracks Link and the Hero of Winds.

I really wish they'd expanded upon that more in-game, but this is an excellent substitute!
Opin88 chapter 1 . 11/13/2013
I never really saw Russell quite like that. Wow, now that's awesome! Good job here. :D
Running Ninja chapter 1 . 11/22/2012
I laughed and went "aww" at this whole thing, it's wonderful and adorable. I love stuff about childhood memories and reincarnation nostalgia...it's definitely a trope worth repeating.

I loved little Russell and little Link's dialogue in this. Little Russell sounded like a really adorable little kid...and little Link sounded true to his namesake and I could totally imagine a young Spirit Tracks Link saying everything he said.