Reviews for Vlad Plasmius, Teen Ghost Hero
allietheepic7 chapter 11 . 2/17
This is really good. Now I want to find similar stories...darn.
Guest chapter 11 . 12/18/2013
Please continue the story!
Guest chapter 11 . 10/29/2013
Please continue the story!
Linzerj chapter 7 . 10/9/2013
Ghost Writer appeared and I died of happiness.

Gah this is awesome so far...definitely unique in terms of plot. Loving. Every. Second!
Guest chapter 11 . 9/17/2013
hurry up and upload!
Guest chapter 11 . 7/18/2013
hurry and continue the story!
torchide chapter 9 . 6/14/2013
"I am a ghost, and I am here... to steal this car."

This is quite possibly the single best line I have ever read. You've nailed adult Danny.
Orange Purse chapter 11 . 3/31/2013
It's been a while since I've read this story. I really do like this story and the whole reverse concept.

Your Vlad narrative is great. To me, it fits his character awesomely. It's just what canon Vlad seems to be if he was thirty years younger. Though this story's Vlad seems a bit darker than what he needs to be. Even with the whole craziness of being half-ghost and his relationship with the rest of the world, I feel like teenagers do tend to think on the brighter side, though that might be just me. Vlad being a depressing teenager isn't that surprising, all in all.

The way you write Maddie reminds me a little of Jazz. It seems cute to me. I don't know whether or not you were going for that or just a teen Maddie, but it just seems worth mentioning. Like mother, like daughter.

Again, Vlad's narrative is great, but it seems a bit too focused in some parts, even more so for a 14 year old. Introspective is nice and all, but if a teenager is forced to grow up too fast, they are still a teenager. But Vlad is Vlad and he could always be an oddball. His uncertainty in some places does remind me that he is a teenager though. A rich, old business man wouldn't have some of the thoughts the Vladdy right here is having and that's great.

Great story!
ChopSuzi chapter 11 . 2/17/2013
I've been wondering... What's Jack's last name in this FF?
Just curious. *shrugs*
MsFrizzle chapter 11 . 2/17/2013
I just love how aged Danny as I read Vlad's descriptions, I keep clapping and laughing out loud. In the series there is an occasional episode that points out that in some ways the apple doesn't fall far from the tree and that he and his dad have a lot in common. It was beautifully done here. Even more so because although I can see his father in him, he also so so uniquely Danny.

I keep marveling at the turnabout in this AU and how it ...fits perfectly.

I also liked your explanation about ghosts. I've been sort of going on something along those lines myself but you articulated it so well.
Ryuuko1 chapter 10 . 2/9/2013
I like this Danny that you've made. I'm glad that you haven't made Danny out-and-out evil, but rather simply affably evil. The inclusion of the Ghostly Wail and his willingness to use it, as well as his casual disregard for human and ghost life, paints an interesting portrait of what he might have gone through. The Reality Gauntlet and it's presumed backfiring is an interesting sub-plot that I'm almost sure won't make it into the rest of the story, but is worth musing on. I liked how his castle was decorated with space-stuff. That was a nice touch.

I'd be slightly interested in seeing how Sam and Tucker factor into this, if at all. Perhaps he learned the Ghostly Wail and all from a TUE-like incident and Sam and Tucker don't exist. I'd stand more by that, since he doesn't seem to have any kind of bitterness over unrequited love, so perhaps don't bother with Sam and Tuck in this story. Although I imagine that they form some of his motivation, as Danny doesn't canonically seem like someone who would decide to become wealthy by taking numerous unethical shortcuts. Admittedly, this isn't canon Danny, but, still.

You mentioned earlier that it was a shame that not a lot was said on the Vlad/Maddie/Jack dynamic in the show, but then Jack and Maddie promptly disappear for about three or so chapters (the slashes are not meant to indicate pairing, but just as a way to separate). It's not that I mind-I enjoy that Danny/Vlad interactions immensely. I suppose it's a matter of what you want the emphasis of the story to be on. The summary seems to indicate that it would focus more on Jack/Maddie/Vlad and their misadventures. I admit that it's hard to come up with problems for them to continually face (I like to think that the series occurs over much more than just a year), but the focus seems to have become mostly on Danny and Vlad.

Danny and Vlad's relationship is becoming very complex, very quickly. Vlad's not sure if he should trust him, and Danny tries very hard to make him trust him, even though I can see Danny himself has trust issues. It also seems as if Danny has a stranglehold on the Ghost Zone, if he was able to secure the Ring of Rage. I bet he's been keeping the Major Players from bother Vlad. I kind of wish he would let a few slip so Vlad could get his ass handed to him, and perhaps develop a few new powers of his own. Danny protecting him will only stunt his growth, I think, and I would like to see the kind of abilities you give a young Vlad. Then again, Danny is as much, if not more, of a threat than any of the Major Players.

Can you tell I'm -really- interested in Danny? I'm extremely happy that he's *not* the focus of the story. Seeing him through another's lens makes him so much more enthralling than if we were told outright what happened to make him this way.

I am, admittedly, less intrigued by the younger Vlad you've made, although the hints you've dropped regarding his leanings-such as how he would use the Guantlet for his own gain-make him worthwhile to follow. He's smart enough not to test the boundaries that Danny has set, but with his new permission to fiddle with Danny's technology, I forsee things getting much dicier, and quickly. Vlad's intellegence pitted against Danny's experience and willingness to Do What Must Be Done could result in a rather epic confrontation.

I am trying very hard to keep myself from mapping out your story in my head. I have enough of my own to write!

Your inclusion of the Ghost Writer and the application of his power was an interesting decision. I suppose he *would* be easier to get a hold of than Clockwork, who probably would be even less receptive to Danny's persuasion anyway. I don't foresee him acquiescing to Danny's demand, though. There's simply not enough self-interest to him doing that.

I'm slightly surprised at how the GiW have left Jack and Maddie alone. Afterall, they would be privy to some rather interesting facts and realities of ghost abilities and living alongside/with them. I mean, it's nice that they aren't being interrogated and tested themselves, but that would have thrown in even more angst and simmering anger that would drive Vlad to do desperate and likely stupid things.

I am trying very very hard not to write what I think the story should be. That's your decision as the author. But that I *am* means that I enjoyed this immensely! /laugh

Keep it up. I apologize if I rambled and skipped around topics. Good luck with your writing!

Suffer well,

Ryuuko1
ChopSuzi chapter 10 . 1/31/2013
The fact that Danny got eaten my a ghost more than once deeply disturbs me...
...
...Five imaginary bucks says one of them was Behemoth. ;3
LadyXSidian chapter 10 . 1/31/2013
That was eerily close to a bonding moment. Thanks for the new chapter!
syd004 chapter 10 . 1/31/2013
Loved the last part.
So it's okay if I blow the place up while you're here?
Just warn me first.
BRILLIANT!
MsFrizzle chapter 10 . 1/31/2013
Again you did a great job in this and the last chapter of adding some depth to the relationship between the characters.

I really love how you transferred Danny's character to an older man and though in this story Vlad and Danny have sort of switched places, Vlad's personality as a teen really comes through in a way that is delightful to read.
55 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »