Reviews for Firefight
Not logged In chapter 19 . 7/7/2014
Excellent story. You should be an author. Ret'urcye mhi.

P.S. ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc , ni partayli, gar darasuum: Digger.
Parker Fallon chapter 1 . 1/2/2014
Very well written, I can't wait to finish reading this story.
SerendipityAEY chapter 11 . 8/3/2013
Oh, I love the title and I loved this: **Fitch hesitated, but trotted after the vexatious woman.** Nice descriptions! Just loved 'vexatious woman' so perfect XD

The moment when she decides to trust Jud, and he notices it, I thought was really moving. And her admissions, so sad, and I can really feel her urgency to get it across to him. Loved everything about her history, it was unexpected - the fact that they were slaves, replaced by clones, the upsrisings and how they hid, and how they worked to trust again but were proven wrong, so sad! Poor Ril, I really feel for her and the children.

**because Fitch was fairly sure that wasn't in the regs.** Aw, lol!

Everyone is at the very end of their ability to hold it together, although of course the clones are better at holding it together even when they are at the end, and you write it all fantastically, the tension is palpable. Very tense, tight in the descriptions and the reactions of the characters, wonderfully done. And still love seeing Jud work through being a leader.

Great, great job! Looking forward to more
laloga chapter 19 . 5/29/2013
[applauds] Bravo! So, so good! I teared up at the end, with Fitch's thoughts about being near his friends, and the last line before the coda was just...sigh. Just perfect. *It sounded like a great start.* Absolutely fantastic line to end the story on. :D

This was such a satisfying chapter. :) The emotional impact of Digger's death was strong but not overwhelming, especially when balanced out by the revelation of Cera's pregnancy. (*They'd saved five civilians, not four.* Stunning line.) It was also wonderful to see how much Jud and Fitch have evolved since the beginning; Jud seemed more at ease with his role as "Sarge," while Fitch seemed like he felt like he truly belonged to a group of brothers.

I really, really enjoyed this story. You hit the perfect balance between drama, humor and action, and it was a great read, all the way through. I'm excited to hear that you have another story to come out with these characters, and look forward to their adventures.

Excellent work! :D
Jess Marylin chapter 19 . 5/24/2013
I really like where you ended this. :)
Poor Digger. He will be very missed, that's for sure.
I LOLed at Fitch not getting that Cera was pregnant. That explains her moodiness... :)
impoeia chapter 19 . 5/23/2013
I could cry. Not only has a great story come to an end, but we lost Digger as well. I really liked the guy; his banter with Meer was so much fun. But then, the good always go first and I suppose this is one of the bitterest lessons of the war: friends can die, even when you think you're safe. What warms my heart is that Meer will not have to face that loss alone. Like Jud, he'll have brothers to help him, to try and fill the void his brother left behind. That was just such a lovely, touching moment by the incinerator. And what a stark image too, that moment of bonding and loss and commemoration and hope, next to so utilitarian a thing as a hatch leading to "the ship's heart". Wonderful imagery all around and it made my heart clench. Digger deserved better, but that is the life of a clone: a painful starkness, coupled with a short life and a brotherhood that at times takes my breath away.

Wonderful how you finished the chapter with a point of view from all three of the major characters. It brings the story back to full circle, in a way; ending with the people who started the story in the first place. You can see how far everyone has come, how much they've healed and grown. So much so that they are ready to start a new life and take on new responsibilities. I was particularly cheering for Jud and Ril. They've accepted a new role in their lives that they'd never had the courage to accept before.

I like your pointing out of the fact that things are "back to normal", so to speak and Jud having to remind Stolli that he needs to act like a regular trooper again. Shows just how out of the norm the mission to Rekohu was. But then, breaking out of one's comfort zone is the best way to learn. And you've ended the story with a little bit of hope. Loved that touch; just as one life left the group, we learn that there's been another with us all along. *Sigh* all stories should end with hope. It's the best thing for life. I really loved this fic from start to finish. Everything was so well imagined and written. I can't wait for the prequel in June.
LongLiveTheClones chapter 19 . 5/23/2013
Awwww... great epilogue! I love it! And, sad, too. Sniff! I can't believe Digger died. Sigh. Poor Digger. I like that the others at least had a chance to say good bye. The chute was a nice touch and a believable way for how clones are "disposed" of aboard ship. The whole concept of what is done with all the clone dead is always a tricky one and you handled it very well. Epilogues are tricky to write and this one came off very well. Love that Jud's promotion became permanent. Perfect! And, I'm so thrilled that some of the characters from Firefight will be featured again. Hooray!
Kelana-ti chapter 19 . 5/23/2013
Aww. Poor Digger. I think it's cute, though, that Wesak and Cera named their kid after him. And it's nice that the squad is staying together. Even if they didn't become special forces... oh well. Pretty neat story, all in all.
Eregnar chapter 19 . 5/23/2013
Good ending. I'm glad Fitch survived, but Digger's death was a blow :( Troll :P

I hope to catch your new story when you post it. Thanks for a good read.
impoeia chapter 18 . 5/22/2013
Oh my Force (waving hand in front of face), you really know how to crank up the suspense.

First off, loved the action scene from Jud's point of view. Not all questions are answered, but then, that's what makes a story great and makes the reader keep reading. But at least now I know what happened to Digger and Stolli. *Sigh* they are just so brave and it sucks that the brave mostly get their bravery paid back in pain. But then, that's what makes it heroic, I guess.

But then my heart started pounded during the take-off and the appearance of that Separatist cruiser. What a plot twister and an ugly sight to escape to. And then the tension between trying to make it past the cruiser for a hyperspace jump, the uncertainty of whether or not they would make it in the black or get shot down first and then a tractor beam. Wow! I was reading the entire scene avidly and then had to read it again, because it got my blood all tingly.

And now a great sigh of relief. They almost made it. I wonder who the Republic cruiser belongs to? Someone we know? And what does it mean for the the civvies to now be in Republic custody? And how does this play out for the clones, their new friendships and who stopped breathing?! Argh, so much suspense.

What I really loved in this chapter was Jud's own self-realization about when things go wrong. The fact that he does not blame himself for the situation they got into really shows that he managed to crawl out of that hole and realize that there are some things that are out of his control. This means he might learn not to blame himself for the death of his friends, though no doubt he will keep mourning them. I think I love him a little for that. He's such a deep, sensitive character, even if he doesn't always realize it. And he has great courage, to survive these emotions. I can't wait to see what happens next.
laloga chapter 18 . 5/22/2013
Forgot to say from the last chapter: go Cera! It was awesome to see her step up and help Ril. :D She's come a long way. :)

On to this chap:

YAY! [throws confetti] After all they've been through, after everything they've lost, it's beyond rewarding to see them get such a great stroke of luck. I'm grinning ear to ear right now; so happy for these guys (and gals.)

Jud continues to be a fantastic OC. I've loved watching his development, and he really shone here. He made a tough call - one that I believed was right when he made it - and he was able to accept it when he thought it was the wrong one.

This was fantastic: *A Republic destroyer. It was the most beautiful thing that Jud had ever seen.* Awesome job conveying Jud's emotions in this moment, and throughout the chapter; I was right there with him for his highs and lows, and I'm *so* glad they found some friendlies.

Great job! Eagerly awaiting the final installment. :)
laloga chapter 17 . 5/22/2013
Whew! I'm a bit breathless from all that excitement - and the soundtrack was perfect. :)

The action sequences are definitely clear. That can be very challenging, but your descriptions were easy to imagine, and you wove in the characters' emotions & impressions perfectly, so I was carried from the first word to the last, eager to know what happened next.

Except on top of mainly being worried for Fitch, I'm now worried for Fitch, Digger *and* Stolli! Darn it, woman, you and your lovable OCs! ;)
laloga chapter 16 . 5/21/2013
Whoo! [fistpump] So glad they have a win for once, though whenever a character thinks "everything's going as planned," that's a signal for a major upheaval of some kind. :P

But for now, our heroes have accomplished something phenomenal. Great job with the tension in this scene; I was on the edge of my seat for the majority of this chapter. Loved how you used the sounds over the clones' comm channels to illustrate their nerves, and I had to smile at the hushed "sir, yes sir" line.

Great to see Jud really coming into his own as far as command goes. That was some great advice his captain gave him, and I'm loving watching him apply it to his situation.

Ril's section was sweet as well. She's come a long way from being terrified of the clones - all of the civvies have.

The moment when they had to cross the now-defunct droid compound was eerie and wonderfully written. Again, you had some great tension there. :)

Awesome chapter! :D
laloga chapter 15 . 5/20/2013
Love watching the guys make their plans for evac. The banter was enjoyable, though I could tell that the strain of this ordeal is starting to get to the men - it seemed like they were picking on each other a bit more than normal banter. It's to be expected, given their stressful circumstances, and was realistic while also being very entertaining. :)

Good to see Ril stepping up to take care of wounded Fitch! I'm loving how the two separate groups, (clone & civvie) are starting to merge.
geekychic1999 chapter 18 . 5/18/2013