Reviews for The Exception
Maxine chapter 1 . 6/7/2013
Very good story! One of the best short stories I have read so far. The way you described everything, so vivid. You have a way with words. I wish I have a pint of your talent and creative mind.
tuxjim chapter 1 . 5/6/2013
This, simply, is a VERY intriguing story. Who could Herminoe's "other" lover be? Well, let's see...

My personal guess is that it's Harry... He is the kind of person that fits the description that you gave MUCH more than Ron would...but I'd bet that he and Harry share a life. And Herminoe's "fianceé", to my mind, would almost HAVE to be Fleur...based on other stories and the AU non-canon scenarios that put them together, even after Floeur has married Bill... I kind of like what you said that "he" is the only man whose child she would NOT regret having...which, to me, almost certainly pegs Harry as her conversation companion.

I can hope that YOUR life has "righted" itself, in that you have found someone, male or female (it doesn't matter...love knows no gender) that makes your heart skip beats just by being there. I had that with my wife, and have SEVERELY missed it over the seven years since she passed away...my bad, my problem to deal with.

Take care and be well. Ja ne for now.

"Tux"
NightOfMine chapter 1 . 3/5/2013
Dear Hors D’oeuvres,
Well.. This is something completely new to me. I have never read such a FanFiction before. But to be honest, I do not quite know what I am actually thinking/feeling about the story. It tunes in on a string in my mind which is in an area that is likely overshadowed by Merlin knows what. Very strange indeed.
However I did feel, somehow, a little disturbed.. I am very sorry!.. But there was something about the setting, or maybe the way Hermione interacted with the person opposite her, that caused me to keep on thinking: “this can not be true”.
And there is one thing bothering me, so please tell me (!), who IS the person opposite of Hermione? My first thoughts were Ronald (of course). But when I read the sentence: “Your perfectly waxed left eyebrow raised..” And I was like: “Ron?! Waxing his eyebrows?! No, that can not be right.. Right?!” With other words, I was and am utterly and completely bewildered. Yet the worst part has to come! To my horror came the idea of a possible other male character from the Harry Potter series. One which is proud, most of the time selfish and many call him a coward. The ‘what-if’ that I am right now writing about is.. What if the man opposite of Hermione is actually Draco Malfoy..? I mean like, he is one who would fit the description the best. I think.. But I hope that I am completely and utterly wrong.
I really hope that I did not hurt your feelings. It is just that I want to be honest towards the writers of the FanFictions I read..
Yours Sincerely,

NightOfMine.
mariko78 chapter 1 . 2/2/2013
aww!Its always hard to let a love go. maybe it is best that they separated. their desires to be with the opposite sex will have driven them apart if they tried to work on it. But I do wonder who she was talking to?
guest chapter 1 . 12/2/2012
Oh... It's Hermione's POV...

I found this story when I was reading Fleurmione fics :D So without reading the author's notes, I assumed that the story is from Fleur's POV. About her and Bill's relationship. I was surprised to see that it was Hermione. Now you make me wonder who the other person is :)

Good job! This oneshot was written very nicely. It was very emotional.
hkmac chapter 1 . 11/23/2012
An emotional piece. You do a good job of expressing the characters emotions. I have to admit I read this story several times in order to understand which you or I was thinking or speaking. I like that you experimented with first person point of view, but I found it confusing with both characters using first person point of view. You included some identifiers such as the "perfectly waxed brow", and I am wondering if more would help readers more easily keep track of who is speaking and thinking. Thank you for writing and sharing, and I hope my comments are helpful.
DeletedNowNowNow chapter 1 . 11/23/2012
I love this very very much.
InkAndPens394 chapter 1 . 11/23/2012
Beautiful. I mean that was quite stunning. I hope your creative flow never stops. May your ink never run dry. Best
Amy