Reviews for A Gift of Gunpowder
ChocolateTeapot chapter 1 . 11/25/2012
I normally dislike Christmas stories, but this one is great! The plot is really sweet and I must admit that it was quite unexpected too. It does a very good job of tying into the setting. I really like the characterisation.

“But when the children bravely explained themselves, she quickly forgave her brother for being judgmental.” This sentence puzzles me, because he hasn't even seemed judgemental. Perhaps she apologised to him for being judgemental?

“Porom was probably counting on him too—to make an enormous mess.” This line made me laugh. I also really liked the part where Palom bombards the firework experts with questions.
TheMoonclaw chapter 1 . 11/24/2012
Hi Freida Right! Welcome back to the site!

Aw, cute story!
lol Palom. Being a pyro? Oh yes. And glad to see he knows the JA level spells. ;)

Can't wait to read the rest of your Christmas fic ideas!

Moonclaw
mythweaver1 chapter 1 . 11/24/2012
Awwww! I saw this last night, but was filled with too much Black Friday vitriol to read it, haha.

LOVED it. Palom's pyromania being stifled by his newfound desire to be respected, haha. Must. Not. Light. Things. On. Fire. Twitch.

Aww the canons...but it paved the road for Palom's later display which was fun and particularly heart warming. "Does this mean we're not in trouble anymore? No. ...Oh". hahahaha

This was adorable, and also...SNIFFLE. I was just thinking today of some of your first stories while reading this, and thought-aww she's come so far! asdjhfalksjfh and now I feel all old and stuff, lol.

Wonderful piece :) And...welcome back! ;P