Reviews for An Argument, A Separation
RheasHelm chapter 3 . 4/16/2014
What a horrible story.
I mean, not your writing, that was excellent.
But to watch these two tear each other apart was painful.
And I am a bit disappointed in Liara... some "bondmate" she turned out to be. Just giving up on Shepard. Sure, I understand that something had to change, that she needed a break. But I was dismayed to see how quickly she was ready to leave it all behind. Even to almost trade one Shepard for the other. I guess months of misery can wear a person down, but still, her bond can't have been very strong. Maybe this is where her young age is a factor... although Aethyta also wasn't very supportive of Shepard, so maybe Asari are more fair-weather partners than one would expect.
In the light of that her sudden turnaround and declaration of love at the end did not sound very believable to me. I guess you wanted to end the story on a positive note, but I am having trouble following you there.
Souplog chapter 3 . 7/9/2013
Well that was an emotional rollercoaster. I wonder how many people have described this story as a rollercoaster. Certainly not the typical post-war Liara/FemShepard fic. Not typical at all. Very alternative, and it made me sad for the most part. But I'm glad I read it, it was a good story and exceedingly well-written. And best of all it had a happy ending. That happy ending was just, stupendous. Thanks for it. I actually hesitate to read the sequel, for fear of more angst, but I probably will anyway.
Guest chapter 3 . 2/22/2013
Sequel, WHERE?! I MUST KNOW...
Ravyna chapter 3 . 2/1/2013
That was simply... amazing. The words are failing me, but this was a beautiful story. The feels! Looking forward to the sequel!
Sarroush chapter 3 . 12/23/2012
Great fic! All these feels! Can't wait for the sequel!
Bebus chapter 3 . 12/9/2012
This is an incredibly powerful piece (I must thank LogicalPremise for pointing me in its direction).

It felt absolutely real in the characterisation of both lead characters, and the draw that both hold for each other. They tried to live a dream, only to find out it was the wrong dream, and it tore them apart... but eventually led them to what they needed.

I was truly moved when I finished reading this (in a single sitting, goodbye time, I do not regret a second!), and the feeling lasted for a long while. I am writing this review well over a day after finishing and am still feeling the same mood!

Congratulations on writing such a beautiful story, and thank you for sharing it.
Rayven Feather chapter 3 . 12/4/2012
Nice! I saw this on the meme earlier but never got a chance to read it! Loved every word of it :)
arcturusjourney chapter 3 . 11/29/2012
See from your A/N that I should not have doubted about John. This story continues to amaze, CiF. I suppose in chapter 2 I felt rage at Liara-outrage, too, because I knew what Shepard did not yet know. Now that Shepard knows, I feel a strange sense of relief, but it is the kind of relief that comes from being aware of feeling...one's pain. Exactly like in chapter 3, where Shepard understands that feeling pain is *something* because the pain means not-nothingness, not-void. The "nothing happened" with John revelation by Liara still hurts, as it perhaps is meant to (maybe even an ironic reflection of part of the problem in the L/S relationship-nothing happening on the emotional front). The parts on Hannah as off-scene manipulator are skillfully done. Awaiting more...
wolfamodais chapter 3 . 11/29/2012
wow. that was a rollercoster of emotional rampaging hormones that would cause even a lion to tear up. anyways that wasy very good. more please.
wolfamodais chapter 2 . 11/29/2012
this was good. im glad that you wrote another chapter. it would be nice to get at least one more. good job.
MurasakiZetsubou chapter 2 . 11/28/2012
Nuuuu! Can't wait for the next chapter!
MurasakiZetsubou chapter 1 . 11/28/2012
My word. This is very good stream of consciousness (if that was on purpose). Seeing Shepard/Liara post-war is so depressing. I love it!
arcturusjourney chapter 2 . 11/27/2012
The writing here is powerful. Up until John, I was totally immersed. But running into John while traveling the globe of billions of people seems somewhat implausible to me. Unless, of course, John is stalking Liara in order to hurt his sis, which would not be consonant with John's character in chapter 1. So the John connection broke the "suspension of disbelief" for me. (The idea that Shepard would jealously imagine Liara and John getting together seemed real and compelling-plenty of pain to experience. Having it then OCCUR later in the story lessens the verisimilitude for me and feels somewhat like a nightmare coming true, which doesn't seem to fit with chapter 1's impressive and rigorous commitment to a kind of psychological realism.) I do look forward to the next installment-the prose is breathtaking.
I'mNotGoodAtThis chapter 2 . 11/27/2012
Would things be really awkward between us if I said I love you? Because I totally do. I love this story to death and I really wish it would get more attention than it does now because the way you write is just too amazing for words. It's going to be painful waiting for the next chapter.
Kwtwix chapter 1 . 11/26/2012
Can't wait to see how this ends. I have a feeling I won't be disappointed either way it goes well done.