Reviews for Ash Wednesday
Mimbulus chapter 5 . 8/6
This is a fantastic story in many ways, but the Amy-bashing-and in particular, the critique of Amy as a feminist-is absolutely perplexing.

This is Amy's view on women and families, in her own words: "I want women to have help from the government. I want women to earn what men earn. I want everyone to earn enough so that everyone can make the right choice for their family, and after that, it's none of your business who stays home and who goes to work. You don't know more about raising a family than I do."

Over the course of The West Wing, Amy fights for paid family leave. She fights for support for poor and working mothers. You want to float a wage for stay-at-home parenting? You want to float daycare? Amy would be right there.

And for that matter, why would Matt Santos hire Amy Gardner? Because Amy's good at her job.
krg11 chapter 10 . 10/25/2015
Spent time this evening re-reading this. I love fanfics that stand the test of time. This one certainly does.
phoenixi77 chapter 11 . 8/7/2015
I love this story...very nice to see all the characters doing was almost like one of the episodes..
greatestheights chapter 11 . 2/24/2015
I stayed up way past my bedtime last night finishing this and don't regret it one bit. This may sound weird, but it was just...perfectly satisfying. There's something I really love about people getting to understand Josh, but I'm especially enamored with the idea of Matt Santos getting to understand Josh. Their dynamic on the show was so interesting to me; clearly, they're both stubborn idealists who often clash (but are probably far more alike than either of them realize). I always wished that I'd gotten to see them figure each other out, and now I feel like I have. Everyone was wonderful in this story. I loved seeing all of the relationships evolve, and particularly enjoyed Donna and Helen's long conversation. As usual, the way you handle Josh's PTSD is sensitive and completely on point. I also LOVED President Bartlet giving President Santos a call, and I laughed out loud at this: "Apparently Abbey told President Bartlet he should try giving up self-righteousness for Lent."
Swan Crawley chapter 11 . 7/15/2013
I loved this story! You described Josh in a way that was both true to the show and how he must have been when Santos became President! I love Josh and Donna and you wrote them wonderfully!

Keep writing!

Remember When It Rained
InfiniteAnomaly chapter 11 . 1/9/2013
This story is spectacular. I love it (and your "Enigma Variations")...I wish you'd write more like it! Great job!
Gillian Deverone chapter 11 . 12/6/2012
A good story. I'm glad Matt got it all figured out and apologized for being an ass and I'm particularly glad Toby was there (in spirit.) I love that crusty old codger.
Gillian Deverone chapter 6 . 12/6/2012
Oh, Mr. Santos, you've gone too far.
Gillian Deverone chapter 4 . 12/5/2012
What in the h-e-double hockey sticks is going on?
Veridissima chapter 11 . 11/25/2012
Love it, really like you make Josh and Santos form a good and strong relationship (that really missed from the show, and the idea that would cause problems in the Santos admnistration, even if I wanted to win, always thought that Vinick and Sheila had a much better relationship)

And the line in chapter 9 "I was really looking forward to hearing my name from him again." from when Jed was talking to Matt just brought tears to my eyes
sassie69 chapter 11 . 11/24/2012
This story is so well written. You can see the characters in your mind without stretching your imagination because this is how it would play out if it was season 8 of TWW . Wonderful, thanks much.
elsa3beth chapter 11 . 11/24/2012
Fantastic story! I'm pretty sure I read it a long time ago when reading the fan season 8, but when I looked again to find it, it had disappeared. So glad you've posted it on . That final confrontation between Santos and Josh where Matt's yelling at him is masterful, and it stuck with me enough to make me remember the scene 2 yrs after I first read it.
itskindafuntodotheimpossible chapter 11 . 11/23/2012
Waking up with a large number of unread emails never felt so good. Another incredible story, I love the Donna/Helen dynamic and the way the women had influence over their men. Everything was just perfect as usual when you write :) Thank you!
lcf328 chapter 11 . 11/23/2012
One of my favorite of your fics, as you know! I love the way you write Santos (and Josh, of course, as always!) - and the way you have the issues in their relationship come to ahead, and eventually be resolved in a positive way. Wish we'd seen that on the show! Good job.
alix33 chapter 11 . 11/23/2012
"draped in layers of patchwork quilts and Indian blankets," - I want to know who made those patchwork quilts. I own two patchwork quilts that my late grandma on my mom's side of the family made. I use them as bed covers in summer, as they are not thick.
"and Josh had surprised everyone—even Donna—by playing "Heart and Soul" with Peter on the big piano in the living room and then teaching Miranda how to play it too," - Joanie probably taught her little brother that.