Reviews for Xmas Daze
emarald777 chapter 1 . 4/1
Lovely story. Hagrid's actions are always comedy of errors and headache for his handlers... first Dumbledore and now I assume Harry. It was cute how innocently Annie found simple explanation of what could have been a difficult situation. Looks like she is magical... seeing Bowtruckle... or is she like her mother?
Beside Moonlight chapter 1 . 8/6/2013
Aww. Annie is so cute. I love how she found a perfectly reasonable explanation why Hagrid was in the fireplace and it really worked.
llimbus chapter 1 . 7/19/2013
What a wonderful little story. I found it quite hard to read, but it was stunningly written. You wrote Annie's point of view perfectly, I would say, and you really made her personality come through.
It's a shame it's not Christmas - then I would be even more "Aww"!
MuggleCreator chapter 1 . 4/14/2013
Awww! Sweet.

Annie's voice really came through.
smkffnut chapter 1 . 1/23/2013
So, Annie can see bow-truckles, can she... Hmmm, interesting twist to the saga! Loved the notion of Santa-Hagrid. He is a bit like a giant Father Christmas. Great story, as always. Thanks for writing!
MrRobertsIII chapter 1 . 1/10/2013
Very very cute
elisa-didlittle chapter 1 . 1/3/2013
So so so cute. Absolutely loved Annie's voice. We heard some of it in Drakeshaugh but you can never have too much of an adorable little 4 year old. (well, assuming that you don't need to finish something and the 4 year old insists that you acknowledge her. Then you look for the nearest television set and hope they have Disney Chanel.)

I'm assuming this is a one-shot, but I kinda love the idea of a worms-eye-view HP fic told in toddler-talk - everything overheard, witnessed, or imagined and misinterpreted. I'm not sure if I would eventually want to kill myself in very unimaginative ways, or if it would in fact be a masterpiece of toddler characterization.
lovelyhyperchick chapter 1 . 12/30/2012
That was sweet, I love how you wrote Annie's perspective.
Stephanie O chapter 1 . 12/15/2012
I thought this was a darling story, reading about "Santa Hagrid" from Annie's point of view...very sweet! I kinda miss some of that 4 year old vernacular nowadays, since my girls are past that now at 7 & 10. This was quite a fun read! :) Merry Christmas to you & yours!
Guest chapter 1 . 12/9/2012
I thought this was just a one-shot! I'm glad it's not. So, Annie is the magical in the family. I'm just wondering if it's from her dad or her mom. My guess if from her dad, judging from his reaction on your Strangers in Drakes story. But just a hunch :D
angelinaweasley7 chapter 1 . 12/2/2012
Hello Northumbrian,
Thank you, once again, for a wonderful story. I think one of the reasons I keep coming back is that you are unafraid to write from different perspectives, and that you so obviously have fun doing it. The premise for this story is so wonderful - I wonder (if she ever learns the truth) if she will make the connection with this memory.
So thanks for sharing, and happy holidays.
Julia
Noonie chapter 1 . 12/1/2012
Oooh that was hilarious! I could just picture my little one telling a similar story - you totally got the toddler inflection right :)
Sirip chapter 1 . 11/30/2012
How do you do it, this story completely blew me away! I just love it when you write kids. Kutgw!
MeWombat chapter 1 . 11/28/2012
Hagrid - half-giant, half walking disaster area where the Statute of Secrecy is concerned! Lovely story and well told from the 4yo pov. Sounded a lot like my lot (I have a 5 and 3 year old).
heatherq chapter 1 . 11/27/2012
What a lovely story! Enjoying all your writing so much - hope Santa Hagrid brings you and yours a beautiful Christmas!