Reviews for Is It Truly Far From the Tree?
LizaLovesPeeta chapter 9 . 3/18/2014
Hello long lost dearest one! I've neglected you far too long. I shall remind you how much I adore your exquisite prose, you write so beautifully! Love your unique style! My blonde baker is like an angel on your hands, so kind, so humble, so determined.
Keep on writing!
oj2000 chapter 5 . 3/16/2014
It's really good!
NotAnIslander chapter 9 . 12/30/2013
Just stumbled on his story. Love how you take some of the more minor characters and give them some depth. You did such a great job with the Mellark's and you are doing it with the Hawthorn's. Good work!
Mari Hawthorne chapter 9 . 12/26/2013
I absolutely love this fic! It is written amazingly. I would love to see Katniss and Gales dynamic at school seeing as during the series not alot is written about their school life.
ShortySC22 chapter 9 . 12/5/2013
Absolutely loved this chapter and how Gale feels towards Peeta, he wants to hate him, but when he's so good, it's so hard.
Belle453 chapter 9 . 12/5/2013
Another one really nicely done. I love to see realistic interactions between Gale and Peeta.
Anla'shok chapter 9 . 12/2/2013
No! You updated? I can't believe it! lol.

There's a word or two missing in the sentence containing "leaving the usually mild-mannered teenager". Or I just didn't get it.

I like the characterisation as always and also the atmosphere you weave with your choice of words. You do emotional realism without phrasing it realistically, and I like the resulting esthetics. It gives you a district style at least.

As usual you turn "mundane" scenes into a storm of emotions
raissa20 chapter 9 . 12/2/2013
I loved it! So glad you've finally updated it! I think you captured Gale's thoughts on this whole situation very well - his fellings of hoplessness, the dread of seeing the girls he loves going to the Games again, his jealousy towards Peeta... As always, great job. What are you going to write about next?
Pinklove21 chapter 9 . 12/1/2013
Very interesting take on this. I'm not sure that Gale would show such animosity clearly with Katniss in the vacinity nor that Peeta would curse (though it was funny), but I like it. Well done.
LizaLovesPeeta chapter 7 . 7/11/2013
Loved it.
Your analogies always make me laugh (Rory's human anchors)
Their relationship is so cute and endearing, bickering, teasing, comforting, embarrassed, all bundled up together.
I'm puzzled by your version of Rory, a more troubled, complex, slightly dark but still adorable. His "I'm just wired wrong" was both adorable and pretty deep
I like this pair!
schur655 chapter 8 . 6/18/2013
The thing I like about this chapter the most is the sheer humanity of the Peacekeepers, they have gone a bit native so to speak. Darius doesn't force or use his position he tries his regrettably lacking wiles, laughed my ass off at a few friends in the same situation, just like Purnia. It was a nice method of showing just how strong a personality Katniss had become.

Gale is even better, suddenly realizing that Katniss is no longer a little kid, but a real adult an adult female he respects. The only female other than his mother he likely respects, yeah he is so screwed.
Belle453 chapter 8 . 6/18/2013
Before I got to this chapter, I was seriously considering PMing you to ask if you'd write the scene in the Hob when Gale realizes his feelings for Katniss...and voila - here it is...great minds think alike!

I loved it. Sadly, yes, he is screwed...because we all know what happens to him...:(. Great job with the characterizations here. Can't wait to see what you'll write next.
Belle453 chapter 7 . 6/18/2013
Rory and Prim are adorable friends...the kiss was perfect. Rory's thoughts - even more perfect.
Belle453 chapter 6 . 6/18/2013
Loved the Gale/Katniss growing friendship and it was REALLY nice to see them both open up to each other.
Belle453 chapter 5 . 6/18/2013
This was a very fun chapter to read. Nice to see Gale being the ladies' man and actually having fun since we just got to see him brooding in the books. Loved Rory/Vick's prank...loved Hazelle putting him in his place.

Love the last sentence.