Reviews for C'est La Vie
This story is very good. I do hope that you choose to update it at some point. (sooner rather than later!) I think that the character relationships you've woven are interesting and fit with the cannon. I like the introduction of Orion (clever name) and his relationship to Hadrian. I also think that the moral dilemmas Hadrian faces are interesting. I am, however, waiting for Hadrian to lose his grip on reality at some point. I waiting for a big slip up. I like the clues you've been dropping with Orion's suspicions of the Imperius curse and everyone's slight recognition of the similarities between Hadrian and Harry. I just want someone to find out that he IS Harry Potter from another world.

Anyway, I really enjoyed your story thus far and do hope you continue.
Sarah.A.A chapter 3 . 4/4
I. Love. This. Fic.
Please update soon
Sarah.A.A chapter 2 . 4/4
I don't think Harry is ever going to be normal.
Update soon pleeeeeaase
CowpogGreen chapter 9 . 4/4
Just wanted to say that this is one of my favourite stories of ALL TIME and that you're probably my favourite author on this site. Keep up the fantastic work!
Sarah.A.A chapter 1 . 4/4
I don't think I've reviewed this chapter yet. So here I go.
Umm every time I reread this fic, and believe me I've reread this fic a million times, I usually skip this one :)
But I've decided to reciew every chapter in hope that you will update soon
Sarah :*
wetsakura chapter 9 . 4/3
I freaking LOVE this story! The character development is awesome and I am always wondering what is going to happen next. I am especially looking forward to how Hadrian handles the situation with third task. To be honest I normally like pairings but this story really doesn't need it. It keeps the reader interested even without romance. I really hope this story isn't abandoned. I happened to notice that you haven't updated in a while but please don't give this up.
irishkitten chapter 8 . 4/2
Please finish you story it's the most well written and interesting stories I have read in ages. I love the way Hadrian turned out and he's exactly what harry should have been. Please update, even if it takes another year. It's worth the wait!
The King in White chapter 9 . 4/2
:333333

Haven't read a cross universe one like this in a while. Good on you for not drastically changing Harry's name so that you could self-insert under the guise of dimension travel.
roos1414 chapter 9 . 4/2
Brilliant story...
Sadly you don't update anymore, for over a year :(
Lane Anasazi chapter 9 . 4/2
I hate reading stories like this. It's so damn good, and it's not finished. It's a special kind of torture.

Your writing, and especially sense of pace, is just top-notch. So many authors that go in for a deep character piece like this don't know how to balance all the things they're trying to accomplish and end up getting endlessly bogged down in details that don't matter.

This is just a pleasure to read. It's over 100K which is longer than many published novels, and I read this over 24 hours. So, yeah. Not sure what else to say. It's a subtle thing, but the way you capture who the familiar characters are, even in a slightly altered universe, is amazing. You don't overstate things, which is really appreciated. I don't know why this example is popping up, but the description of the two foreign schools arriving at Hogwarts; you instinctively don't give that multiple paragraphs of description, trying to one-up canon or something. You just leave it very bare-bones and let the reader fill in the blanks with their imagination. That's a rare talent.

Another example: your story obviously takes Ancient Rules to a different level. But there's never a huge, 5,000 word author tract where you lay out the rules of this new magic. Instead, we pick it up gradually, usually via a character doing something. Showing, not telling. Love it.

You can add one more to the list of folks eagerly awaiting the next installment.
I am very picky when it comes to literature (though I hardly leave a day without reading at least five stories-good or bad), but I absolutely love it when I come across a certain story that really catches my attention. C'est La Vie has now been added to my list of few. I must praise you highly for the specifics in your story. From the Ancient Runes to the personalities of the characters, you have written something I can only hope to reach when sitting at the gates of heaven (or hell).
Iphigelina chapter 9 . 4/1
I love what you did...it's a shame that there probably won't be a next chapter.

well, I do hope that you won't stop writing, even if it's not for this fanfiction.

Have a good day! ;p
laelruin chapter 9 . 3/31
Wow! I really have enjoyed reading this story. It is so well written and engaging. I can't wait to see what happens next. The best part is its mostly believable! As a 22 year old he has the skills of a reasonable young adult already finished with school. Join that with his war time education and he is a very well built (Non-supered) character with his own problems. I can't help comparing him to Voldamort though. Hopefully he won't turn out that manipulative though. He does tend to get others to try and think on their own which I really appreciate.
Thank you for taking the time to write this! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!
Sincerely,
L
I love, love, love this story! I hope you find your inspiration because I can't wait to read whatever comes next!
KK chapter 9 . 3/30
Yes and I do agree that this shouldn't really have a pairing for Harry, for one thing even though he looks 14 he's really what 22? A seven or more years age difference in a romantic relationship is stretching it in any circumstance but here it's worse because of the difference in development (mental and emotional) etc.
Anyway I wanted to encourage you to come back to this story. Try to get re-inspired by it if for nothing else, because I have fallen (platonically) in love with it. It has great writing (It does don't argue), amazing plot, and is simply fun to read. Here's hoping one of the best stories I've read on this site returns.
3,131 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »