Reviews for Growing Pains
cicithekitten chapter 1 . 10/1/2014
I love this. I'm sobbing so bad right now. The way you portrayed Arthur and Kiku and your creativity was beautiful. This is some thing people such as myself can relate to. Please keep writing. You have talent. I love how you kept them and the ending was fablous. You are a wonderful writer. It takes a lot to make me cry and you have done that with just the words. The story comes alive and its beautiful.
The brand Kiku chapter 1 . 5/25/2014
my heart is gone...
ArthurAlbionKirkland chapter 1 . 1/22/2014
...oh my god.
I...
I have no words.
I feel sick.
Not because this is disgusting, or - well, yes, it IS disgusting. It's disgusting to me that there exists people that honestly believe that that's the best life has to offer.
But I feel sick. Because this whole thing hurts my heart so much and they are so unthinking of everyone around them and it hurts me to think about.
This is one of the most beautiful pieces I have ever read. Yes, it makes me sick and sad and my heart hurts but this is literary genius. This is amazing.
Thank you.
UrfavoriteNepeta chapter 1 . 12/22/2013
Awwwwwww this was so good! There were parts when I would lol, there were parts when crybaby me would bawl, it was perfect!
trinimi-chan chapter 1 . 10/4/2013
fue hermoso!
Chicary chapter 1 . 5/15/2013
I'm know less about the subject of self-harm than I should so I don't know how accurately or sensitively you handled the subject but I want to leave a review because this was a lovely story and you deserve more reviews for it!

I like how you took a subject that can very, very easily be written poorly and write it well. Your pacing is incredibly patient and I believe that is the key to making this story powerful. Contrasting Kiku and Arthur's relationship with that of their siblings said something about the uniqueness of love and I'm glad they were able to realize this (at least in part).

I was a bit doubtful when they made THAT decision (and maybe thought it was a bit melodramatic) but, again, your pacing made it beautiful and relatable.

Thanks for writing this, it left an impression with me and I'll remember it for a long time.
OhIsobel chapter 1 . 1/6/2013
This is why I say you are my favourite fanfic writer; because you are a total writer. I've told you before , but yeah, this kind of bold and risky ideas without limits, where you leave your comfort zone and you venture to explore the rarely seen human relations. Yeah you've made it again! It's hard to explain but let me tell you something; this is one of the most romantics stories I've ever seen beyond Asakiku. It is, and want me to say something? I'm pretty proud to be in the same line to you, here to read it.
AmeNeko chapter 1 . 12/27/2012
...Normally I would be screaming like a wounded animal now, but seeing that it is 2:00 in the morning, I really should not do such a thing.

I am at total loss. This fanfiction was a real roller coaster ride for both my feelings and my stomach. One moment I was smiling, the next my eyes widen, and then I am mentally screaming gibberish words and useless phrases that will mean nothing to the story's climatic and final close.

My stomach churned, churned around much worse then it did while watching HetaHazard. Just...I feel totally disgusted, yet I am in utter awe at what I just read. I want to throw my iPod at the wall yet I just want to curl up and mull over everything I just read. I would go on, but hopefully you get the idea.

There were a few small errors, but they very well may have been intentional, so I shall not touch those quite yet.

This fic is also a nice(?) display of the Anglo-Japanese Alliance; oddly strong, sweet, yet woefully short (not that the story what short, because I flipped out when I saw the length)...

Thanks for this, I guess...? I'm still not sure how I should be feeling at the moment...Uh.

I think I will just cry in a corner now. Good job, please write more AsaKiku!

*hides in corner* M-my feels...
Albukirky chapter 1 . 12/23/2012
I really am beyond words to describe what I feel at this moment. There's a lump in my throat. I didn't start tearing up though, perhaps because they are together until the very end. Or I'm just completely numbed from too much emotional stimulation.
But this is very well-written, sympathetic and simply beautiful; you have a lovely way with words. I'm floored. But I think you already know that :)
Butter is Found chapter 1 . 12/3/2012
So angsty... I love it. I really do. It's a really good story. I just wonder what Yao, Mei, Ludwig, Feliciano, Francis, and Alfred's reaction once Arthur and Kiku were found. It just... nags me because this is so EMOtional, but in a both grotesque and sweet way.
Kandamio chapter 1 . 11/28/2012
... Don't really know what to say. Impressed beyond the words, I guess. Even though I'm not really familiar with this subject, I think you handled this really well. As you say, one can't really say if it's romantic, sad or frightening, and I too am not really sure how to think about it. But as my inner me feels quite peaceful and relieved, I guess I just understand them, even if it sounds wrong. (You also did well making them lie to themself, I just makes it even more realistic.)
And well, I also want to thank you to have taken your time doing this story. I would have all been ruined if it had been too short, and wouldn't have made both Arthur and Kiku justice.
I hope to read from you again, you've been a very interesting discovery in my dull morning. 3
verametric chapter 1 . 11/28/2012
That. Was. Beautiful.

It truly was, you do not know how much I have cried in the end. You are a wonderful author and I really enjoy your fanfictions. Growing Pains was one of your best I must say. The relationship between Kiku and Arthur was really different from most love stories, it was twisted. Yet, they both had inner feelings of wanting to do something intimate or etc. Something like that. Again, I must say this was lovely and a piece of wonderful art. Thank you.
ivyterasu chapter 1 . 11/25/2012
... Q A Q asdfghjkl
so saaad! i love it but... rbrbsbabha
m-my hearth!
i like that this is a long story, i love them
but my hearth! TT n TT
Stray Flower chapter 1 . 11/25/2012
This is the greatest fic i've ever read. The theme, the language, the plot, everything. It's beautiful, wonderful, sorrowful. I honestly cried. The language is so powerful that i even felt myself in the story. It was like my heart was on needles. I'm itching for more. And i love the ending too,.
hanatamagotchi chapter 1 . 11/24/2012
Ohhh! This was such a sad/beautiful story. I didn't expect them to jump together.. I nearly cried when I read this. Your writing is powerful, and I hope to be as good as you one day!

You did great on this story. Again, you're such a good winter and I was excited to see another story posted by you! (: