Reviews for Third Time's the Charm
ValentineSin13 chapter 1 . 4/26
Poor Neku... ;

Math eludes me! (*cough!* sphere break*cough!*)
Fortune Maiden chapter 1 . 1/19/2014
In terms of Fusions, Joshua and Shiki are the easiest for me (so of course, the difficult bosses you need to beat on hard for the secret reports give me Beat as a partner -_-)

This was really funny. I haven't played Twewy in a while but I do remember the partners and their confusing mechanics (at least until you can just spam the beams with Josh :p) And I love how they tried to explain it, with each one more confusing than the last
HawkRider chapter 1 . 11/13/2013
I agree with you, except I think Shiki has a better one than Beat. I like playing cards and all, but I have a good memory. And the cards I want never appear. And you have less time for each stage of difficulty. It's a pain.

This was hilarious, though. I understood the Fusions right away, but I do know how annoying it must be for some people. And for the record, I have a weird brain.
Didi111 chapter 1 . 1/16/2013
... I just button bash in the direction of the enemies and the fusion stars come up really quickly. Although I can see how that wouldn't work on Easy. The game's Easy setting is painfully so. I've only used it the one time you're forced to with that Wall Reaper... And I have no idea how you're supposed to actually focus on both screens at once.

Still, good fic!
Guest chapter 1 . 12/29/2012
Lol, I have the Solo Remix (iOS version), and all you have to do is hit a noise the same time as your partner, due to it having only one screen/plane, so it's so much easier. Also, your partners function like pins, so you just find some pins that use the same command.
Nix-the-Neko chapter 1 . 11/26/2012
Okay, I really loved this fic. This made me so happy and I just want to play TWEWY now. I love how you characterize Beat and Joshua. Joshua has just the right about of snark. Same with your Neku.
Riona chapter 1 . 11/25/2012
This is a joy of a fic! I love that, although it's fundamentally a crackfic, you haven't treated that as an excuse to ignore characterisation; you've obviously put real effort into making the characters and their interactions feel right. I couldn't stop smiling during the Joshua section; you've perfectly captured the way Joshua subtly needles Neku in almost everything he says. I also really like the little humorous details in the background (Neku scuffing his shoes against someone else's! Thinking Joshua would probably enjoy being choked! Poor Rhyme's struggles to stay on Beat's shoulder!).

Joshua saying that his favourite subject was music is also a really nice touch.

Thanks for writing this; it was a lot of fun to read! (I can sympathise with poor Neku's confusion. Beat, your Fusion is ridiculous.)
Infamousplot chapter 1 . 11/24/2012
Can I just favorite you a million times? Like, please?

I loved Beat's the most xD It was hilarious. Because Beat is just so freaking clueless about everything, it's wonderful, and he's so amusing. And poor little Noise Rhyme, just trying to cling onto his shoulder ;-; Nice little details about her x'3 Shiki's thrill at Neku "opening up" was also really funny, and then having him get dragged off to shop at the end was even funnier xDDD Poor Nekui. That's what you get for being a poop head :P And then you get to see the second week, where he likes her more, and it's like d'awww :3

Shiori Yomu chapter 1 . 11/24/2012
Yes. This is exactly it. I find Beat's confusing, Shiki the easiest, and Joshua the /slightly/ understand.
Beat is the hardest one for me, cuz...I never understood how his combo works-!

Good job on this fic!
Amulet Misty chapter 1 . 11/24/2012
This was a cool idea for a fic. I never thought about Neku's partners having to explain how to get fusion stars. My favourite is Joshua's too, with Shiki as close second and Beat down last. Beat's is just impossible for me for some reason. I always wondered why his was the most confusing...

Also, even though I always use Joshua I didn't really get his explanation, 'cause I've been thinking that his fusion works differently. Maybe it's been too long since I've played the game.

I loved Neku's reaction to all the explanations - yeah, you've got it easy Neku.