Reviews for Time Cops: Of Mice and Lemurs
A Markov chapter 3 . 3/9/2013
This was another fun little romp in your amazing KP world. I'm amazed once again at your ability to have very real characters in very fantastic situations. These stories are slices of life with an upbeat vibe that actually makes me feel better about the world.

A Markov chapter 2 . 3/9/2013
Nice balance of action, inter-familial rivalry and suspense. Jane is adorably over-bearing and one wonders if Cat is simply naive or is just doing her best to wind her cousin up. Either way, the next chapter beckons with some urgency and I'm off to answer it.

A Markov chapter 1 . 3/9/2013
"We don't have a regularly scheduled lemur,"

He hates it when I'm right, but I know the Bible way better than he does.

it's the sort of fact some parents might prefer to not know about.
I really enjoy the way you use the vagaries of the English lnguage in your time travel stories. I also really enjoy your time travel stories.

Guest chapter 3 . 3/4/2013
I go for Lenny.

Lots of fun, even with the time travel headaches. (Which are a lot of fun, by the way.)

Enjoyed it.
Guest chapter 2 . 2/24/2013
Wonderful dialog, and I'm sure that the trap will be one for the ages, a tall order where temporal shifting is concerned.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/17/2013
Oh, those crazy lemurs.

Loved the flow of conversation, Barkin was most definitely right about those Possibles.
Thomas Linquist chapter 3 . 12/23/2012
Oh great, she's named the thing! That lemur is there to stay. That's what happens when you get attached to an animal. My parents named me, and I still poke my head into their fridge.
Oh wow, Cat's folks come down to breakfast and see a fuzzy tail sticking out of the fridge as "Lenny" is eating the left over garbanzo beans. (Lemurs love garbonzo beans.)
I still think her sheer innocence is what Cat brings to a mission. If Jane has to explain things, she has to stop and think, doesn't she? Jane has inherited her mother's tendancy to leap without looking.
I think her Emah would accept the hero thing, since she's sneaky about it, to the point of giving herself a rare gift one Christmas. That kind of conivance would make Shego proud.
Thomas Linquist chapter 1 . 12/23/2012
This was great. I do love the Time Cops. Hard to juggle a job like that and Junior High. Like Kim didn't have enough trouble. At least she didn't have to deal with alternate versions of herself telling her she was making mistakes.
You know, I have this sneaking suspicion about these time lemurs. They are just a little too adoring of Cat. Is it possible that they know something we don't know yet?
The fact that she's been given the upgraded unit is interesting.
What does she bring to the mission? She hasn't been there or done that. She won't know which questions don't get asked, and that's usually when they need to be asked. (Did that make any sense?)
noncynic chapter 3 . 12/8/2012
So as far as competency, how does Doctor Crime measure up(or down) to Drakken? Jane is obviously a chip off two blocks as far as minion management is concerned, though who she gets her sense of denial from is a toss-up.
noncynic chapter 2 . 12/1/2012
Or, be something entirely different...which is what you usually spring on us. Very nice read, I wonder how similar Jane's attitude is to her Mom's when she was a young heroine.
Jimmy1201 chapter 2 . 11/29/2012
And this chapter, we get to the action. I'm thinking the moms really need to open an academy for young heroes. This on-the-job training is tough.
noncynic chapter 1 . 11/27/2012
Well, see you kept this part intact, and justly so. Now curious to see what the mission is actullay going to be, and why Cat go tit instead of the two more 'experienced' agents.
Kaede Shinomori chapter 1 . 11/24/2012
I laughed so hard at the "I want truth. Cat wants justice. What's that American way thing?" line. I'm feeling a little lost about this series, I'll fix that with a re-reading or two. See ya!
Jimmy1201 chapter 1 . 11/24/2012
Memo to self: Tell children I want to know when there is a lemur in the house. Great chapter, the "regularly scheduled lemur" was spit out your drink funny.