Reviews for A Gut-Wrenching Experience
firefly5151 chapter 24 . 10/25
What an amazing story. I was glued to my computer and couldn't leave until I finished reading. I think you got the characters down perfectly. This is definitely one of my favorites.
221bhannah chapter 24 . 8/18
I've just read this whole story in one sitting. I love it! I loved how you put in all the interesting medical details without getting bogged down in jargon, but still allowed the reader to learn something. The characterisations were all amazing. Well done! :)
TheDoctorsRose3 chapter 24 . 8/17
By far one of the best Sherlock Fics I have read. I was completely engrossed and was completely disheartened when I had to leave it. I usually prefer Sherlock being the one who's sick but, let me tell you, this was a brilliantly written piece of fanfiction and I would highly recommend it to anyone. Please continue writing amazing and brilliant fanfic literature. I'm sure you do more writing than just this as well and I'm sure it's equally good if not even better. Good luck and again a huge fan of this fic and your writing style. Cheers!
detectivejigsaw chapter 22 . 10/29/2014
Oh, this and the next chapter are to me the most heart-rending ones. The line "Don't leave me with knowing that I did this to you" especially hits right in the feels. That's good; it means you've written them well. And it shows that Sherlock Holmes is becoming more and more human all the time, thanks to John's influence.
detectivejigsaw chapter 20 . 10/29/2014
This is still very good. I will say, however, that the idea of Mycroft hugging someone is mildly terrifying. I'd have to see it to believe it, and even then, I'd worry that I was hallucinating. I've seen it before with Sherlock, and he's got more of a heart than his brother anyway, so it's more believable with him.
Tishbing chapter 1 . 9/23/2014
I just read this story and I absolutely loved it! Very accurate, very well written! Thank you for sharing this with us!
detectivejigsaw chapter 13 . 8/11/2014
...Sherlock really doesn't have much experience with guilt, does he?
detectivejigsaw chapter 19 . 8/11/2014
Squee! Squee! Squee! Squee! I'm sorry, but there are few other words I can use to adequately describe my feelings for this story. Especially the possibility that Mycroft is capable of affection and sympathy. Heck, the possibility that Sherlock is capable of them is amazing.
Astrido chapter 24 . 8/10/2014
wow. your story is awesome. and i especially love stories from people who know what they are talking about medically. very nice.
and the guilt part from sherlock was really well done, too.
Ttime42 chapter 24 . 3/30/2014
This was fantastic! I just read the whole thing over the past couple days. Your characterization of them was great and I loved that you had the illness be Sherlock's fault. Poor Sherlock, so worried and guilty, and poor John getting so sick. It was good of John to not be terribly upset with him. I liked how you showed Sherlock's emotions throughout, how he was trying so hard to hold himself together and how much he was afraid of being alone. Great sickfic!
Random Flyer chapter 24 . 3/15/2014
Very nice story, thanks for sharing this.
Rocky181 chapter 24 . 3/6/2014
Wonderful story! Loved it!
deanine chapter 24 . 2/21/2014
This was an interesting read. The medical accuracy was high.
TheEbonHawk chapter 23 . 1/19/2014
Sorry, I just had to come back and say, even if you don't read this, that this chapter, THIS CHAPTER, dear lord, how you have played my feelings. This chapter hurt.

Sherlock's uncertainty, John's quiet disappointment/acceptance..aojdjadok I can't even.

Like, do you know that you scared the crap out of me when John said they needed to talk? I was scared along with Sherlock. I knew John was going to be forgiving (it was in John's nature) but that doesn't mean he wasn't going to say something heartbreaking first. Which he did. Poor Sherlock. I just...Poor Sherlock, and poor John.

Also, thank you for sparing my favorite army doctor. I was so afraid at the beginning (and in some cases, middle) of every chapter that John was going to suddenly slip away. You kept me in the same suspense and worry as you kept Sherlock, to some degree, and therefore made the relief so much better. This is a masterful piece, as indicated by the level of emotion it elicits from everyone. This was recommended to me, and I'm glad it was.
TheEbonHawk chapter 24 . 1/19/2014
*drinking water to replace the tears I've cried*

So much perfect. Oh my gosh. I love this story! I love the plant, I love the hand-holding and sleeping together and general closeness and comfort, I love the emotion Sherlock shows-Because it's actually IC, but at the wide end of the spectrum, the kind of thing we all want to see from him but never get, because only John opens him up like that.

I love Mycroft's presence. Everything about it, especially the way you describing Sherlock calling his big brother for help.

I think every chapter since the one the night before John went to the hospital has made me cry. Some of them made me shake with sobs :S Not entirely ashamed of that. You're a brilliant writer and you've written a brilliant thing.

Also, I just had to say: "How many lives do I have?" Hopefully at least one more, for Reichenbach. Sorry not sorry.