Reviews for A Gut-Wrenching Experience
Ttime42 chapter 24 . 3/30
This was fantastic! I just read the whole thing over the past couple days. Your characterization of them was great and I loved that you had the illness be Sherlock's fault. Poor Sherlock, so worried and guilty, and poor John getting so sick. It was good of John to not be terribly upset with him. I liked how you showed Sherlock's emotions throughout, how he was trying so hard to hold himself together and how much he was afraid of being alone. Great sickfic!
Random Flyer chapter 24 . 3/15
Very nice story, thanks for sharing this.
Rocky181 chapter 24 . 3/6
Wonderful story! Loved it!
deanine chapter 24 . 2/21
This was an interesting read. The medical accuracy was high.
TheGoldenCrown chapter 23 . 1/19
Sorry, I just had to come back and say, even if you don't read this, that this chapter, THIS CHAPTER, dear lord, how you have played my feelings. This chapter hurt.

Sherlock's uncertainty, John's quiet disappointment/acceptance..aojdjadok I can't even.

Like, do you know that you scared the crap out of me when John said they needed to talk? I was scared along with Sherlock. I knew John was going to be forgiving (it was in John's nature) but that doesn't mean he wasn't going to say something heartbreaking first. Which he did. Poor Sherlock. I just...Poor Sherlock, and poor John.

Also, thank you for sparing my favorite army doctor. I was so afraid at the beginning (and in some cases, middle) of every chapter that John was going to suddenly slip away. You kept me in the same suspense and worry as you kept Sherlock, to some degree, and therefore made the relief so much better. This is a masterful piece, as indicated by the level of emotion it elicits from everyone. This was recommended to me, and I'm glad it was.
TheGoldenCrown chapter 24 . 1/19
*drinking water to replace the tears I've cried*

So much perfect. Oh my gosh. I love this story! I love the plant, I love the hand-holding and sleeping together and general closeness and comfort, I love the emotion Sherlock shows-Because it's actually IC, but at the wide end of the spectrum, the kind of thing we all want to see from him but never get, because only John opens him up like that.

I love Mycroft's presence. Everything about it, especially the way you describing Sherlock calling his big brother for help.

I think every chapter since the one the night before John went to the hospital has made me cry. Some of them made me shake with sobs :S Not entirely ashamed of that. You're a brilliant writer and you've written a brilliant thing.

Also, I just had to say: "How many lives do I have?" Hopefully at least one more, for Reichenbach. Sorry not sorry.
TheGoldenCrown chapter 10 . 1/19
"I've got two hands. I can spare one of them for you."

Crying.
You are amazing.
Ocaso chapter 24 . 1/6
Well written. Well done.
Cheers,
Ocaso.
Dairi chapter 24 . 12/28/2013
Heh, the plant thing was cute. And woo, what an emotional ride! Good read, thanks for sharing.
Joban chapter 24 . 11/18/2013
That note that sherlock wrote John was adoreable! I loved this story and read it nonstop all day! Great job! :)) Oh and I'm so happy that John lived, not just because he's alive, but also because it was so sad when Sherlock was admitting that was didn't want to be alone again. Reading that broke my heart :(
Guest chapter 24 . 10/10/2013
AWWWWW that was fabulous. fabulous.
semora chapter 24 . 8/30/2013
I'm sure I don't have the words to explain how much I enjoyed this fic. I even enjoyed Lestrade's cameo at the end. I do hope there's at least a brief follow up story. I'd love to see the long term effects on Sherlock and John's behavior. But I think this story ended on just the right note.
semora chapter 20 . 8/30/2013
I smiled at Sherlock's observations about John's nurses. :)
semora chapter 19 . 8/30/2013
I'm scared, Mycroft.

I don't want to go back to being alone again.

...
Wow. Sherlock must be feeling pretty broken to reach out to his brother for comfort. Very touching. I think Mycroft gave him great advice, I know the focus is on John and Sherlock, but I'm surprised there's been no mention of Mrs. Hudson visiting and at least a get well card from Lestrade (who I'd assume would know what's going on since Sherlock obviously is unavailable for cases).
semora chapter 18 . 8/30/2013
"Maybe everything was going to be all right after all." Uh oh. That's usually the kind of thing that gets said right before things suddenly get worse.