Reviews for Reasons for Thanks
Crystal Dragon's blood chapter 1 . 12/28/2013
Cousin Amy?
Mecha74 chapter 1 . 12/30/2012
It's interesting to read Barnabas' reactions to the age that he now finds himself in, he appears to be adjusting nicely though, even if there are still things that baffle him. But that's just Barnabas, he wouldn't be the character that we all know and love if he didn't.

And this line...

'Now it appeared to be day when Americans ate to excess and then sat down to watch large men attempt to crush each other to death on a playing field. (Even after Willie and David had explained the rules of football to him, it still looked like the point was to kill whoever had the ball.) '

I burst out laughing when I read that! XD

And I really liked this line too.

'She said you helped us realize that we weren't like other families but that doesn't have to be a bad thing.'

Short and sweet, a wonderful little vignette, bravo Toronto. :)
StillLazy chapter 1 . 12/17/2012
StakeTheHeart: Took me forever to pick up all the loose ends on my alert list. Still have one more to go. I loved the part about watching large men killing each other over a ball. I always thought to myself many times when my own family watched football that it really was just a mess of testosterone induced squabbling over a ball. Needless to say, I don't like football. I don't understand anyone who does so I guess I can agree with Barnabas. Anyway, good job.
RobGill chapter 1 . 11/25/2012
Nice touch, setting aside a place at the table for those unable to enjoy the food (specifically, Barnabas and Victoria), but to acknowledge that they are still family.

Ah, yes, Barnabas' observations, re football, sound about right; he *would* assume that it was a homicidal sport. Speaking of which, how long before he becomes confused about the English/European sport which is also called 'football,' but which others would call soccer? (He'd only been in the Americas less than a generation before his burial; is he curious about historical developments in the land he was born in?)

Is this the first story you've written introducing Amy Jennings? While I haven't seen the original Dark Shadows, a quick look of the Dark Shadows Wikia reveals that she did time in Windcliff (or Wyncliffe, as it's spelled here) Sanitarium, so would she have spent time there, in this reality? Or have you created a different biographical background for her?

On the matter of the two centuries-long curse the Collins family has endured, is there any chance of encountering troublesome ghosts from their family past, say for instance, Quentin? (I know you've ruled out time travel, a feature of the two previous incarnations of DS, but the family still has much baggage from a troubled past which could always come back to haunt it.)
JuliaAurelia chapter 1 . 11/25/2012
I loved this! A perfect little fic to help us Americans wrap up our holiday weekend. You write Barnabas so well, you really have his *voice* down pat. It's very nice to see the Collins family enjoying Thanksgiving together.

I look forward to the next chapter of "Sweet and Snarly."
AngeliqueBouchard1972 chapter 1 . 11/25/2012
Cute
apdarkness905 chapter 1 . 11/24/2012
Awesome another Dark Shadows story I can’t wait to see what you do next. Love your work big-time.