Reviews for Uplifted: Revolution
Noblescar chapter 18 . 5/7/2013
This is an excellent series. How much time do you spend researching the historical figures and events it references?
TW6464 chapter 18 . 5/6/2013
Awesome story! I loved it!
maesde chapter 18 . 5/6/2013
Awesome. Nuff said.
evelsaint93 chapter 18 . 5/5/2013
Post a short notice on the story when the chapter is up please
DarkDanny chapter 17 . 5/5/2013
Thanks for the examples. As soon as I have the time I will clean up Revolution when I have the time.
Dan chapter 17 . 5/4/2013
Read all your fics. Love your plots, love your characters, hate your beta. I think I've left positive reviews on some of your stories before, so please don't interpret this as HATE, more like constructive criticism. I found some (but not all) typos and I gave you the words on either side so you could "Ctrl F" find them quickly if you wanted.

Start annoying rant.

Replace "sharply, Hoch turned" with "sharply, Bradley turned;" "Neither can us" with "Neither can we;" "The German Germans were" with "The Germans were;" "never here, especially" with "never hear, especially;" " do was in form the" with " do was inform the;" "he saw; And" with "he saw; and;" "cost of Hanala blood" with "cost of Hanala's blood;" "a wide, grin, the" with "a wide grin, the;" "forcing everyone attention' with "forcing everyone's attention;" "a man use to" with "a man used to;" "our men five hours" with " our men through five hours;" "offer made." with "offer being made." "surveyor y trade" with "surveyor by trade;" "so renown for" with "so renowned for."

End rant.

I probably won't spam errors like this again, so I hope I didn't make you despondent or anything (I know some authors that dislike criticism of any kind), Like I said, LOVE your stuff, you've been faved on my computer for months, please keep up the awesome work, but I'd be totally fine if your updates came out a little slower if it meant more polish. On the edge of my seat for where you're going next in the war.
sami217 chapter 17 . 5/4/2013
This chapter was amazing great job can't wait to see what happens next will America make the nuclear bomb or will the quarians stop it this is getting more interesting and entertaining by the chapter

Ps that part about batman being in a relationship with robin was hilarious
wow below chapter 17 . 5/4/2013
Wow below,, don't let the door hit your ass on the way out. Hard too believe you would take this fic seriously enough to abandon it when all the good parts are about to happen.

Anyways, keep up the good fight, DD. Your story is amazing.
darkerego chapter 17 . 5/3/2013
Thanks for the great stories but I must announce I am done reading this series.
darkerego chapter 16 . 5/3/2013
Maybe it's just me, but it seems like the Germans never lose. Sure, they get a few setbacks but somehow they always succeed. Just pointing that out.
Shockeye7665 chapter 17 . 5/3/2013
Well, this review will cover Chapters 14, 15, 16 and 17.

Chapter 14:
Nice mixture of opinions regarding the war, from Ackerson's squad. And I was actually quite touched on Hoch and Ernie's talk regarding "the last war". And yes, the propagandists highly exaggerated the Germans during the First World War, as being monsters, despite the "Rape of Belgium" and of course, the sinking of the Lusitania, as well as Llandovery Castle, and the unrestricted submarine warfare.
And I was also touched by Hoch's reaction to the Major killing Ernie.

Kaltenbrunner being more dangerous than the Hangman of Prague? Ouch...
I thought the two were just as bad as each other, but you seem to prove me wrong.
But of course, Kaltenbrunner, when Heydrich was assassinated, grew more powerful and gained more influence with Hitler, just as the relationship between Hitler and Himmler deteriorated.

Chapter 15:
Joachim's a 6 '4 man? Oh sorry, I just kept thinking about how Audie Murphy would look tiny in comparison. Because he was a seriously tiny man.

And quite good, seeing Hanala relay the tale of the Krogan. I would actually look forward to see his perspective on seeing the Krogan first hand, as well as other alien races.
And I guess, the Quarians haven't bothered telling Joachim or anyone for that matter, that cigarettes are bad for people.

Hmmmmmm, the Mafia starting links with Hoch. Could this be a lead up to something in the future? Like a potential company of sorts that one of Hoch's ancestors would start?
Anyways, the chat between Cutri and Hoch was a nice touch and interesting.

Also, you've portrayed Patton, Bradley and Eisenhower true to form. It must have been hard for Ike to have to deal with such clashing personalities, but I guess, those qualities made him ideal for the Supreme Allied Commander, as well as the Presidency.
And damn, Patton is quite a charming fellow.

Chapter 16:
Oh, they are going to regret their decision, staying on the Citadel. I mean, the Admirals could even try to tell them that they've found a place to stay, of sorts, but then again, they probably wouldn't risk the Citadel Council catching on. Even though I am surprised the Special Tasks Group hasn't caught onto this. Unless, they consider the Quarians plight to be beneath their notice and don't bother investigating.

Captain Miller eh? Is that a Saving Private Ryan reference?

It was of course awesome to see action from Hertzer's eyes, on the American tanks. Even if he is a bit crazy.
And damn, a nice inclusion of Michael Wittmann, Germany's top tank ace.

I was a bit skeptical over whenever the pilots' terminology was right, but I'll drop it.

And man, I think Hanala's going to get nightmares of Hurricanes.

Chapter 17:
Hmmmm, it did sound like Patton to respect an SS officer who "respects the rules of warfare" enough to shoot one of his own men. And also, don't forget that Patton had a Single Action Army, also with ivory handles, as well as a Colt 1908 Hammerless pistol and a Remington Model 51 pistol. Just making sure not to forget that he didn't just have a Smith & Wesson Model 27. Also, It'd be interesting to have a faceoff between Patton and Hoch, not that it'd happen anytime soon, or will it?
Patton would rather have a face off with Rommel or Guderian, more likely.

Oh dear, the Manhattan Project is in deep trouble, and Groves will be damn pissed off when it's shut down.
But if the Quarians have found Hanford, wouldn't they have found Oak Ridge as well? And also, wouldn't they also discover the Norsk Hydro plant? Not they'd worry, given that the German nuclear weapons program was a bit behind the Manhattan Project. But I think also, the Quarians would be additionally worried about V-2.

And that concludes my review. Anyways, looking forward to the epilogue!
TW6464 chapter 17 . 5/3/2013
Nice job on this whole story! I loved reading it!
evelsaint93 chapter 17 . 5/3/2013
Oh yes! The atom bomb!

When the new story is up, can you please post a small snippet of it on this story to alert me? Thanks.
MagyarEagle chapter 17 . 5/3/2013
Absolutely loved this chapter. I thought the pacing of this chapter was superb, as was the characterization of Hoch during the battle, and the depictions of the dynamic between Patton, Eisenhower and Bradley. Overall, truly great work, and the depiction of Halid was excellent well. Overall, I'd say this in one of the strongest and best written chapters you have written from a technical and narrative perspective. Keep up the good work!
Guest chapter 17 . 5/3/2013
That Victory willl produce several iron crosses for his unit...