Reviews for Averno
sdrawkcab102 chapter 2 . 1/25/2013
This story is amazing. *You* are amazing. I'm leaving this comment on chapter 2 instead if 3 so that when I've got time, I can put my thoughts in order and try to explain why I like your stories so much.

One thing I can ask now - the chapter titles. Can you explain the meaning behind them? I know they're Roman mythology, the things you see on the path to the underworld (which doesn't bode well for Regina in Part Two), but is there a deeper reasoning behind using them? All I know is, Cerberus as part 3 made me chuckle.

That's all for now. I'll say more when I figure out what I want to say.

My God though, you're so good at this.
rickmntic chapter 3 . 1/25/2013
Oh god. This story just keeps on toying with my emotions. And not in an entirely bad way. The last chapter was intense. And Regina's confrontation scene with Cora was numbingly good. But I'm scared at the direction this is going. The last paragraph. Why? Also, I know terribly slow of me, but I just noticed the names you've given to the chapters. Wow. Please update soon.
Truebie chapter 3 . 1/25/2013
Oh come on, you can't stop there! That's just rude! Please, update soon!

Okay, I can honestly say that I've never read anything like this. Your writing style, your way with words is so different than anything else out there. The story just flows and I can feel every single word as I read. It's so deep and the emotion is almost palpable. The fact that it's written in Regina's POV makes it even better because Regina's POV is a bitch and you nailed it perfectly. Also, people who can pull of writing in present tense are my heroes and you're one of them.

Definitely wasn't expecting for the bloody part to be that bloody, but it worked. I love how Regina had to keep calling her "Cora" and not "mother" in order to go through with it.

Also, now that Emma is back, I just wanna say that the whole dream connection and them meeting at the diner was an amazing idea.

Please, please, don't make us wait too long.

A brilliant piece of fiction, indeed.
Jade St. Jms chapter 3 . 1/25/2013
Damn good fic, I can't wait for part 2
Ecchymoz chapter 3 . 1/25/2013
Oh. God. What a chapter!
Your writing literally blew me away on this one, how you managed to make me feel - and I felt it like wow - Regina's blurred state while staying in her pov and keeping the scene entirely understandable is just a true prowess. So glad I decided to read this story even though I don't usually start thoses that aren't finished!
Amazing job :)
rhinemaiden chapter 3 . 1/25/2013
This fic is utterly freakin awesome!
squishylimp chapter 3 . 1/25/2013
This awesome. Your writing style is rich and engaging and the story is breathtaking. I can't wait for the next part!
Kennedy Leigh Morgan chapter 3 . 1/25/2013
Help, I've fallen in awe and I can't get up. You can keep me as long as you keep me in writing like this; I can do the kept woman thing. I don't even know where to start praising because it was all _that_ good and it's three in the morning and I just -HOLY FREAKING CRAP!

I was taking notes on things I love about this chapter such as: the imagery of Regina and Emma sitting in a diner, not-quite-sharing-fries, and more or less calmly discussing sex magic; and: thank you for giving some significance to Emma's Nostos assisted conception. And then Emma started slicing through realms with magical weapons bestowed by watery tarts and I promptly started losing my cool.

I'm re-geeking out about this story! I can't get over how stellar your narrative and dialogue continue to be and I still love the details you throw in as little asides. The characterizations are phenomenal! I loved how deliberate and careful Regina was with every facial expression and intonation with Rumplestiltskin and you shredded my heart when she cried out over the offal on her clothes. I about had a nerdgasm with Emma when she and Charming were having their moment with Excalibur. It's a testament to the quality of your writing that it's so easy to be right _there_ with the characters and if this felt whiplashy at all it was okay because actually living that chain of events would be whiplashy but what a wild ride!

How on earth did you come up with M theory and the types of magic, and the runes and dark magic in true love (because OBVIOUSLY! but does anyone else ever speak of this sorcery? Nooooo.)? Would youteach a class? It should be a college course, Writing 6030: Advanced Fantasy Awesomeness with Prof. deemn. I would take it. Two or three times. And Carnwennan the witch killer (I had to look up if that was a thing or not, my Arthurian Legend knowledge is dreadful apparently)? And acanthus, which I am going to go study presently to prepare myself for the next bit and I'm just dying because all of this culminated into something so freaking cool and so delightful to read!

I'm also going to try and figure out how to pull myself together while I wait, "patiently," for the next part. Thank you for writing this!
Guest chapter 3 . 1/25/2013
Thank you! I love this story! Cannot wait for more!
AdeleParker chapter 3 . 1/25/2013
This is just wonderful. Painful but wonderful. I hope you won't make us wait to long for part 2 because i can't wait to read more!
Trouble with Trebles chapter 3 . 1/25/2013
Holy. Fuck. I have no words. I thought this story was amazing, before - now it's like times infinity. Because seriously? That was epic. Gruesome, yes, but utterly and unquestionably epic.

I really love the intricacies that you've built into the workings of magic here (as showcased in taking down [and taking apart] Cora, and before when Regina was working out the magical theory with Emma); it's definitely something I feel is underdeveloped/neglected in OUAT canon and fanon. The destructive tendency of true love is an interesting interpretation. Obviously, you would support that with the turmoil surrounding Snow and Charming's union, and it would help to explain the rarity of true love, but the only other cases from the Enchanted Forest I can remember are Abigail/Frederick and Rumple/Belle, and I don't remember how either of those two unions would have caused destruction. Or I'm just being stupid and shooting my mouth off, in which case, feel free to ignore me. I guess my point is, if true love is the intersection of dark, light, and wild magic (where normally it's assumed to be purely light magic), then what is your interpretation of light magic?

I also like that you use the Lake Nostos restoring Snow's womb curse (gross wording, sorry about that) because it gives that storyline a purpose-it's always bugged me, because it -was- a curse, and isn't True Love's Kiss the panacea for curses? It's not like Snow and Charming had any trouble generating curse-breaking kisses at that point. Sorry, tangent. Like I said, it bugs me. Anyway, so it's cool and convenient that Emma basically has an all-access pass to the Avalon armoury, but surely she can't be the only one who was conceived through the magic of the lake? And this is super nitpicky, but how -does- Emma's lakewater conception provide this entitlement anyway? This is just me being curious to know if you had worked out some background explanation for that; "It's arbitrary fairy-tale logic" is a perfectly valid answer here, :P

As for characterization (and this goes for throughout the story), for this I truly have no words to describe how well it resonates... Regina. Emma. And the little things, like Emma diving to catch the gravy drippings from the fries, hehe. And God, Regina and that little flutter of hope. That...that might have been the Jenga block that brought the whole tower tumbling down.

Seriously, abso-freaking-lutely brilliant. I'll be looking out for part two, :)
Guest chapter 3 . 1/25/2013
WHAT! Are you freaking kidding me? Please tell me that Part Two will be started soon. This was seriously one of the best things I've ever read.
VEGAvolatile chapter 3 . 1/24/2013
Yes... Part two, please.
Guest chapter 3 . 1/24/2013
Oh, woah. Lovely.
AvidReader chapter 1 . 1/24/2013
This is my first comment on this site after years of reading.
Excellent story. I read all 3 chapters in one go and loved every bit it. Thank you for sharing
98 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »