Reviews for Surge of Electricity
no one chapter 3 . 8/26/2013
Beast Macgrath vs Mercer wouldn't be fair. For Mercer
Oruk chapter 3 . 7/12/2013
Oh I love this I think you were fair to both characters and I mean I'm in love with mercer but he lost to my boy Heller so he can't be all that good and what's so sad is he gave Heller his powers so that's like the pupil outdoing the master. And I agree with you Cole is super awesome. I love the way you wrote this, writing action scenes had never been my strong point but you aced it.
Ciruno Rowe 'Augmented Conduit chapter 3 . 6/22/2013
Now I agree with the outcome of the battle, but I thought the battle was a bit strange.

Cole is not strong enough to fend off Mercer physically but I know he can drive him away with his powers. Though I would say this is a pretty good battle, just a bit biased.

Nevertheless, nice job
Anonymousloc chapter 1 . 5/25/2013
Sorry I accidentally posted my review before it was done. Now as I was saying. Alex from prototype 2 would obliterate cole because it's not just Alex fighting him. It's his infected to. All he would have to do is summon a juggernaut or 2 to help him fight cole and it would be done. We all know that Alex took up Greene's position. So there would be no reason as to why Alex would not be able to do this. I know I sound like a fanboy but you just gotta look at the facts. Alex has more experience, skill, power, and backup than cole will ever have.
Anonymousloc chapter 1 . 5/25/2013
You clearly overestimated coles strength. When has it ever been shown that cole has super strength. Never. And blocking one of Mercers musclmass punches would have broken his arm several times over. And you spammed how much cole could use his lightning. Charging of one light post doesn't max him out. And neither does using a lightning storm. And you know that. I will admit Cole from inFamous 2 would beat Alex from prototype. Everyone seems to forget that Alex from Prototype 2 would obliterate Cole sim
lucas chapter 3 . 5/23/2013
I have to agree coals powers are just so much better than Mercer's. I have played both games. And coals just better I thank you for realizing this
Blacklight in Whitedarkness chapter 3 . 5/9/2013
I respect your decision, don't agree with it, but respect it. If you were going to have the infamous dude win. Then why not put it in the infamous fanfic section?

Set in Black n White
Blacklight in Whitedarkness
Guest chapter 3 . 4/18/2013
You cheated by giving cole superstrength cole has no physical enhancements all he can do is shoot lighting
coincidencless chapter 3 . 4/4/2013
Alex IS very weak to electricity. Or rather, he's not weak to it, but it's one of the few things he's not nearly invulnerable to. However, keep in mind how strong Mercer is; with musclemass and a good group, he could lift 4 Eiffel towers. I know, I've done the math.

As such, Cole, however strong he may be, wouldn't be able to 'block' any of his strikes should Alex get in range(And you've shown just how that WOULD happen). They would simply break his arms and continue, like a fly trying to stop a speeding car.

Also, Cole would not be able to jump away from the Groundspikes. Those things are ENORMOUS. Even jumping the moment Alex started moving his claws downward, Cole would be skewered.

Furthermore, Alex has a lot of combat experience, from all the soldiers he's consumed. He should have several centuries worth of combat knowledge at the time frame your story takes place. He'd be able to read Cole, who's got weeks of experience with his powers, and decades AT MOST with fighting in general. Cole and Alex have the same length of time with powers, but Alex has more knowledge of fighting in general. Cole wouldn't get any strikes in, simply because Alex would see each one of them coming. Pulling new tricks out would only go so far, and he'd know very well not to let Cole charge up, easily preventable with the whipfist's precision strikes. Even if Cole were to start charging, it distracts him. One whipfist to the head while his back is turned... well, that's it.

Also, Alex's shield is, I feel, a lot more durable than you gave it credit. It can withstand a rocket launcher, infinite bullets, and about a dozen grenades. Note the last one. Cole's Megawatt hammers pack a punch, but they AT BEST incapacitate a normal human with a direct hit, whereas a grenade blows them to mist. Cole, beyond the Lightning Storm, simply doesn't pack the power to break through the Shield. The electricity wouldn't do much, either. For that matter, Cole would have difficulty doing /any/ damage to Alex. Only reason Cross's stick hurt is game mechanics - the developers themselves openly admitted they had to weaken Alex in-game significantly just so that there could be any challenge at all. And this Mercer's much stronger than when he fought Cross.

Lastly, you didn't much address Mercer's mobility. I don't know about you, but in game I do a /lot/ of jumping around. Alex, with his massive jumps, glides, and most of all his air-dashes, is nearly impossible to hit. He could run circles around Cole, who would only try in vain to predict where Mercer is, shouting back to the difference in experience; Cole wouldn't be able to predict Alex, but Alex could predict Cole.

Conclusion? As much as I like him, in a fight like this, Cole would simply be unable to win. Only way Cole could win is by just channeling his power-free Lightning Bolts at Mercer, again and again and again, for as long as it takes to win, stun-locking him. But, I suppose, what sort of story would that have been? :-)

Very nice fight, kept me in suspense until the very end. Eager to see more from you, please write back :-)
uiop3 chapter 1 . 1/17/2013
update god damnit
your mama chapter 1 . 12/17/2012
shouldn't this be in the crossovers?
anon chapter 1 . 11/25/2012
Pretty sure you should move this to inFamous/Prototype crossover category. Other than that, I like it so far
Laluzi chapter 1 . 11/26/2012
Yeah, this is a crossover; you should put it in that section.

Meh at P2 Mercer.
Error Name not found chapter 1 . 11/26/2012
In Prototype 2, normal people can keep a hydra under control with tasers. Ditto in the first, Captain Cross's electric rod is particularly effective. Cole wins.
MASTER T-REX chapter 1 . 11/25/2012
So, you added another story similar to the first one. Intresting, but I stillreccomend that you put it as a crossover if you are allowed to update.