Reviews for Lord of the Rings Fanfiction Guide
bainwenofarnor chapter 1 . 3/17
Well...it was a bit short...but good anyway. :)
amateurauthor101 chapter 7 . 10/24/2014
When you said I could look up the script and copy it onto my document I face palmed so hard. All this time I had been watching the movie and rewinding every time I didn't get a word. Damn, I should have thought of that.
amateurauthor101 chapter 4 . 10/24/2014
I am laughing my head off at your short stories. The advice is awesome, but if you don't change the past to effect the present- without making the characters not act like themselves- how do you make it your own?
inspibrain101 chapter 8 . 9/9/2014
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCccc definitely C.
inspibrain101 chapter 4 . 9/8/2014
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA definitely A.
Silenthunder chapter 8 . 6/18/2014
Update soon, please! This is what I need! Thank you 100 times for this guide!
Loki Rahu Black chapter 7 . 1/12/2014
Tauriel
Loki Rahu Black chapter 6 . 1/12/2014
Fourteen
MairaElleth chapter 8 . 1/8/2014
You are quite clever. :) I will be the first to tell you that my recently finished fanfic's main character rings of Mary-sue quite a lot and I have a love/hate relationship with her. But so far, your guide has made tons of great points and I honestly think every aspiring LOTR fanfic writer should give it a read. You've certainly given me a few points to think over... Keep up the good work! :)
Madame Cross Marian chapter 8 . 1/1/2014
You should do one on writing for the different races, and mixed races. Ex: Elves, Dwarves, Half-Dwarves, etc. I'm personally considering writing my first LoTR fanfic with a half-elf and half-hobbit girl (Yes, I do have an explanation as to how an elf knows a hobbit) or one about the last of nine humans to fall to the power of the rings and become a wraith.
The M.H.T.of R chapter 8 . 12/29/2013
It stands for "The Most High Tsarina of Randomness", and yes, there is a long story behind it. :)
Seiru Seishi-ya chapter 8 . 12/25/2013
Love this guide! And glad you didn't "kill" any of slash-fic authors on chap 6th, because I'm specializing in yaoi story. hahaha.
Anyways, about this chapter's topic, "Crossover". I don't really fond of crossover fic myself, except if they're related enough (same world or some characters appear in both stories), like LOTR and The Hobbit, or Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts.
For me though, for some fics I've written, lately I inserted "characters from other games/anime/movies" in the "warning" part, because it's not a crossover story. In my point of view, crossover fic has to covers both of the two worlds wholly, and mine's not. I just picked one or two characters from "the related story/world" and put them much like an OC in the fic I write (ex: thorin appears in LOTR fic, but it's still a regular LOTR fic and not crossover). But, what about your point of view for this? any constructive critiques or advises?
Sorry for my English, if it's confused you, hehe.
Aria Breuer chapter 8 . 12/23/2013
Another good chapter.

I'm glad you're taking some advice on the previous chapters. Some of them do need more information.

Crossovers are something I'm familiar with. You are right when dealing with crossovers: know your material and the characters before you write, otherwise you may end up with a plot that doesn't make sense and characters who are OOC, or out-of-character. If you're good with crossovers and they're right down your alley, this shouldn't be a problem and you'll find yourself writing good fanfiction stories as you have in the regular stories.

I thought it was b., since that's what it was in the previous chapter. a. had a different name. As for the answer to this chapter's pop quiz, it's b. Saruman.

Good work, as usual.