Reviews for Life Lessons
This is great! Update sooooon!
Roblox user chapter 5 . 12/29/2013
You could add in the classic K-unit-find-out-about-Alex's-bullet-wound thing, I don't really know when it could happen, but it could happen like they go to the sergeants office, and his announcement is that K has to participate in the S.A.S. monthly Talent Show, and then Alex is singing Numb by Linkin Park, and the rest of K-unit is doing what they'll do, but Scorpia invade the lecture hall where the Talent Show is taking place and while Alex is beating the shit out of the operatives, still singing, he eventually ends up up the ground, and the leader of the raid takes out a knife and cuts Alex's shirt off, and all that the rest of the camp can see is that his chest is shinier than most, but only K-unit can see that all of that shine is from his chest being the trashcan for scars and then they notice that lovely, ahem, reminder above his heart by what, 20 millimeters? (That's 2 centimeters If you haven't gotten to metric conversations yet. If you have, no offense to your now obvious intellect.) Then all of Scorpia will have hell to pay, WHOO HOO! Also, do you happen to know how to make an email account, because I have a very long fiction on Google Drive, and because of some language issues (swearing quite colorfully) I do NOT want to share it with my homeroom teacher, who is kind enough to let me work on it during MTSS, because I detest watching movies during school. I have no idea why.
aiimee chapter 5 . 12/23/2013
Great chapter, please update soon :)
Guest chapter 4 . 8/21/2013
in various states of couscous.

now don't get me wrong, I like couscous, but I didn't realise you could get various states of it. just cooked or uncooked, surely?
Brackenfern chapter 5 . 2/9/2013
Cool idea for the RTI.
Guest chapter 5 . 2/6/2013
Ideas? Hmmm... Oh, oh! I know! Yassen!
Albany chapter 5 . 2/6/2013
Your story is very well up here it's time to put action and excitement.
Alex has to spend 15 days training at that time could improve relations with the unit k when everything gets better, they call for a mission in Central America and the unit does not know anything.
After several days, Alex is M.I.A. and unity begins to worry about his disappearance and organizes a rescue with the help of Smithers and Mrs. Jones, (in between parts of anguish of Jack, Tom, and of torture, as Alex achievement and valuable information hidden before be captured by these terrorists.
Not to give you another idea, that if you do not kill Alex or his unit.
Longer chapters.
Update soon.
gamerdude19 chapter 5 . 12/19/2012
love it sorry i dont have any ideas except make it longer
TantalumCobolt chapter 5 . 12/20/2012
I'm guessing that whatever just happened was supposed to be RTI? Was it supposed to end before we found out the guys name? If not, maybe editing would be a good idea, if so, you have to write the next chapter soon because I'm really curious as to who the man is. I can't think of many ideas, but maybe K-unit finding out about the bullet wound, or somebody else finding out and telling K-unit. Poor Alex, I can just imagine Snake's reaction! Maybe somebody from MI5 could come and try to recruit Alex, that would prove interesting. I dunno, if you are going to use one of my ideas though could you let me know? I can't wait to see what you decide to do for the next chapter!
LarkaTheWhiteWolf chapter 4 . 12/19/2012
... I hate how FanFiction has a rule that you can't review twice on the same chapter.

So... in response to chapter 5, the beginning is really good. It's intriguing, honestly. What exactly were you planning on having happening in this story? (You had to have had some idea, right?)
The unknown man could be the head of CIA, FBI, MI6, MI5, ASIS, or any other organization you can think of. They could, perhaps, be wanting to recruit Alex.
Or, perhaps he could be someone pretending to be the head of some organization who actually wants to kill Alex.
Maybe the unknown man is just an agent of the CIA, FBI, MI6, MI5, or ASIS.
Or maybe he's neither. Perhaps he's the sergeant's boss and wants to promote Alex to a higher rank.

-Shrugs.- It's up to you.
LarkaTheWhiteWolf chapter 5 . 12/19/2012
So... I read your Author's Note about the grammar help stuff.
And what irks me most is people giving bad advice on grammar.
I'm sorry, guys, but either correct everything, or nothing.

In response to:
" "I talked to Blunt about your situation" the sergeant started with disgust
'the' should be capitalized because it's at the beginning of a sentence. There should be a period after 'disgust'. "

The "the" should NOT be capitalized, as it is NOT at the beginning of a sentence. It should be: "I talked to Blunt about your situation(comma)" the sergeant started with disgust.
Commas are always in quotes if followed by a he/she/it said. A period is used if it is NOT followed by a he/she/it said. And a question mark or exclamation point is used if it's a question or exclamation no matter if followed by a he/she/it said.

In response to:
"You awake cub"- "You awake Cub?"

It's: "You awake(comma) Cub?" You use a comma if you're going to address someone.

Grammar isn't all about capitalization and periods. Learn it, before you attempt to correct someone on it.
Ty Cavanaugh chapter 4 . 12/3/2012
i really like it! but longer chapters would be nice... :)
Empty Thoughts chapter 3 . 12/2/2012
I think the story is good... Except for the grammar.

"I talked to Blunt about your situation" the sergeant started with disgust

"cub will be here for a few weeks".

Cub is a name, and therefore, should be capitalized. The period should be inside the quotation marks.

He then turned to Alex and began to address him and only him "you will live, eat and train with K Unit while you are here and like I said before THIS IS NOT BOY SCOUTS" he roared the last part to emphasise it.

The sentence doesn't really flow well, or at least, I don't think so. I think it would be better if it was "He then turned to Alex and addressed him." Anyway, there should be some for of punctuation after 'him'. After 'scouts' there should be a period. He should be capitalized because it's at the beginning of a sentence. You spelled emphasis wrong, by the way.

There's mistakes like this all though the story, and I highly-to the highest degree- encourage you to get a beta.
ShamMage chapter 4 . 12/2/2012
Coolio! I really like the premise for this story! You could probably do with checking over your work a bit more for run-on sentences, capitalization errors, and spelling mistakes though. But still! :) I like it!
LetPastBePast chapter 4 . 12/2/2012
I like the story so far... but I think it's (the story) moving a little fast. but it has a lot of potential, also make the chapters a little longer. :)