Reviews for The Formative Years
EVA-Saiyajin chapter 31 . 4/6
Not bad-but, overall, too much "normality" in the situations that are presented, not enough of the craziness inherent with all anime. And Alucard is at times not especially the complex monster he is-more often he's treated as a weary, ancient killer who has goodness in his heart-but none of the insane complexity that makes him who he is.

Check out "Nothing like Harker", the Harry Potter/Hellsing crossover (might want to read the prequel too) and than add on to the fact he seems to have "mellowed" a tad, as he and Integra got more used to each other, given how he acts somewhat less nutty in canon, than maybe try adding more of that. The sheer amount of homeliness makes it feel off at times.
Scarease chapter 1 . 4/4
This is a good story please return to it and update soon it was getting interesting.
silent tortoise chapter 44 . 3/8
I think it'd be awesome if Ethan became a were e especially if he was like the Nazis one(who's name I don't remember)
Scarease chapter 44 . 2/13
this is a good story why have you not update it in a long while.
Scarease chapter 32 . 12/29/2013
Cute moment.
Scarease chapter 7 . 12/29/2013
good story so far keep up with the updates.I look forward to more of this story.
Sakurada Kiritsugu chapter 44 . 12/16/2013
Well, the werewolf Nazi guy seemed in perfect control with his powers and it wasn't even a full moon. I think. I can't remember. Either way, I can't wait to see how epic Ethan will turn out! It is a rare find to come across a good quality Hellsing fan fic and this is good enough to make into a novel! Somebody reccomend this guy to Tv tropes or sumthin!
Rab Shadow chapter 44 . 11/27/2013
it would be AWESOME vampires and a were protecting hellsing!
Guest chapter 11 . 10/22/2013
Type your review for this chapter here...
Hyliian chapter 44 . 10/18/2013
I seriously adore this story. Keep up the good work!
constantlyklutzy chapter 44 . 10/9/2013
I don't think Ethan should be infected more than maybe better senses... or maybe he could transform to a half state after the full moon since it was a shifter. I'd like to think that the shifter part is more predominant than the wolf.
Almathia chapter 44 . 10/9/2013
would be interesting if Jez would somehow become immortal and have Alu by her side as her servant and hopefully lover. Of course we would love to see Ethan beside her as her faithful friend and butler some what. And werewolves tend to live longer no?
Heartspirit chapter 44 . 9/15/2013
I really, really love this story. It's as though Jezebel is a canon Hellsing character, the way you've seamlessly brought her into Hellsing. As for Ethan, what you do with him is your choice. I love his character and he's so cute! I personally wouldn't like for him to be a werewolf because he's fine the way he is and already has a lot going on, and I wouldn't like to see him become a vampire-werewolf hybrid since he has Alucard's blood, and I can't tell whether he would become a vampire from that. Whatever you do with the story or Ethan is fine by me, because you've ended Chance Encounter perfectly and brought The Formative Years this far without err. You're my favorite fanfic author on the site! Does Ethan react in a way that's a little unrealistic? Maybe, but he's a kid, and plus it wouldn't do to have Jezebel's to-be butler cowering in fear for most of the story. He stays strong, which is good. Please keep writing this (at your own pace). Best of luck with your original stories!
TsubasatheNightFury chapter 44 . 8/28/2013
MUST...ADD...TO...FAVORITES! XD I LOVE this story!
AiSard chapter 44 . 8/10/2013
Loving this fic :) maybe not as much as the prequels, but seeing Jezebel grow up is an absolute treat. I'm still kinda undecided on Ethan though.. On one hand I like his character, I like the thing he's got going on with Jezebel, I just like him in general. On the other hand, at times his situation feels just a tad bit forced.

On that note, I'd vote for not turning in to a were, if only to avoid a part-vampire, part-were, martial-arts 12 year old boy situation.. With Jezebel her situation evolves rather naturally, with Ethan it just feels a lot more clunky in certain parts. Sometimes how he reacts or thinks is decidedly weird. Kind of like how Ethan of the future, Hellsing Butler, might react, but not Ethan of 12 years old. I don't know, I can't quite pin down why he just rubs me wrong, in part its the situation, but moreso its his reaction and way of thinking that just doesn't flow right to me I guess :/

Anyways, loving this fic and hope you update more soon :)