Reviews for Bathed in Blood
waystatus chapter 1 . 11/25/2012
This little introduction to what could be such a GREAT story is still as interesting as I remember. I don't recall if the same certain things stuck out to me last time as they did before, but I must say that I commend the following:

Sonic comforting Mallory after discovering her with her slaughtered parents. I don't know why, but something about it, even with how subtle it was, really strikes a chord. Like Sonic is unsure of how to make a kid feel better, but it's enough to reassure her that everything will be okay.

I don't know if this was intentional, but the part about the levitating rails made me chuckle. Normally, I try to blend the unexplainable things about the Sonic Universe into a realistic setting, for example say the rails are part of the buildings. But, clearly they're not. They freaking hover. I like how there was no masking that. It is what it is. Ahaha.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...I LOVE her transition into vampirism. Mostly because recent mythological installments, and even fanfiction stories make being and becoming vampire seem so dazzling and wonderful. But I think it's actually bloody scary (no pun intended) and I'm glad you accentuated that.

And lastly, the closing part. It actually made my heart ache reading about how Mallory was listening to her friends mourn her when she was literally right there. It makes me want to yell "JUST JUMP OUT AND REUNITE!" but...that wouldn't work. Seeing as she's a creature of the night and all.

Long review is long. But still, I had to fit everything in!