Reviews for 60 Seconds
Guest chapter 60 . 9/26/2014
This was a LOVELY series that I enjoyed reading immensely. Keep it up!
SupposedlyMel611 chapter 60 . 8/2/2014
These were amazing! Great job on them :)
HybridsRose chapter 7 . 6/28/2014
Aww, this is sad. I imagine the globe symbolizes the potential in her life, from the moment others (such as her teacher) recognizes it, to the moment she dies, and her potential disappearing. A really good fanfic, and the parallelism with the beginning and the end was done well too.

I think however, if you mentioned how Foxface herself felt about her potential, it would be good. Perhaps some information on whats she thinks about that bulb, either whilst she's making it or at the moment of her death would enhance this little one-shot further. There were no SPaG errors as far as I could see.

HybridsRose chapter 18 . 6/28/2014
Ah, is this one-shot from the district 3 boy who disabled the mines and replanted them from canon? If so, cleverly done, how the story shows us what's happening and what's going to happen instead of telling.

I was a bit surprised whoever it was behind him (I imagine it to be Cato) didn't kill him immediately. Unless they had a pre-arranged thing, I would've thought the careers would want it done and over this at the earliest stage in the game, around the time after the bloodbath. (time i imagine it to be set in anyway)

[I...I can help you.] - the ellipsis do a good job of portraying his hesitation and sort of desperation.

HybridsRose chapter 1 . 6/27/2014
Nice. Though I'm confused about the end. Is Peeta feeling sorry for Katniss and realizing that even if she dies [at the end], she will be happy above everything that's happened? [last rays of sunset will turn her rich hair to gold]

Or is he feeling pity, then goes on to realize she will triumph at the end of the day and win the hunger games? [at the end, he thinks of how the last rays of sunset(end of the day) will turn her rich hair to gold]?

Apart from that it was very consistent and good. Love the running theme of describing colours from a sunset.
[glorious golden oranges]
[dusky hues of pink]
[yellow there too - brave like a dandelion]
[bloody reds]
[deep blue]
These quotes from the story all help to intensify that theme.

HybridsRose chapter 4 . 6/27/2014
A nice one-shot, however I can't really see this happening. Clove didn't seem confused at the feast scene, where she was planning to torture Katniss to death, and usually by that time in the Games, tributes who've made it that far don't really care what their mentors have said for interview day. I just can't see it happening with canon Clove...

But the one-shot itself was very consistent, and Clove's personality in that, was very consistent. The use of repetition from all the mentors hounding her, and the stark contrast with the word 'confused' at the end created good climax.

HybridsRose chapter 2 . 6/27/2014
Very good and fitting. I love how you characterize Marvel and Glimmer's relationship.

[scores] - Don't you mean sores?
[bending back those of his left hand until it hurts and the blood leaves them] - contorting fingers along wouldn't result in injuries that caused blood to come out. So unless he was also scratching himself or else doing something to this skin, he wouldn't be bleeding.

Overall a nice one-shot. The words 'arse' and 'pert nipples' aren't words I'd ordinarily use, as they seem a bit vulgar, but perhaps it's meant to be like that, to show the reader how...violating people see Glimmer and give them a shock?

HybridsRose chapter 60 . 6/27/2014
A short, snappy and overall pleasant one-shot to read. Only a few minor things that needed to be looked at:

[charged for the guns] - Katniss mentioned the Hunger Games didn't ordinarily include quickfire weapons, as the capitol preferred watching the tributes personally draw blood and having more of a role in killing one another, so more medieval and generally slower-going weapons like knives, maces, bow & arrow, swords, spears, etc were used. I find it hard to imagine they would put guns there. The bloodbath would be over in a matter of minutes then! I suggest changing it to another weapon.

[salmon, and white.] - Since white is Snow's signature colour/symbol (look, even his name is white!) I think you should differentiate it somehow in the text. 'yellow, apricot, salmon, and last but not least...white' could work well. Or 'yellow, apricot, salmon and a chilling white' and other adjectives, would be a good way to draw attention to that particular colour. But the act of putting it at the end of the list is good enough.

[Width increased in a lab, and they frame the moderately sized screen. Red, pnk, peach, yellow, apricot, salmon, and white.] - Overall this sentence is a really good line of description, I had that running through my head the whole time I was reading this. Good job!

M-dog14NCISgeek chapter 54 . 1/5/2014
Oh my god! He's talking about Foxface, isn't he? I had to reread it twice, but it's so powerful.
M-dog14NCISgeek chapter 35 . 12/26/2013
I like that one. This definitely shows how empty-headed some of the escorts are.
Kate-The-Great-And-Powerful chapter 60 . 12/12/2013
A great final chapter to a fantastic story! I'm going to miss it! D:
Kate-The-Great-And-Powerful chapter 59 . 12/12/2013
Cool how this one's different, I like it! :)
Kate-The-Great-And-Powerful chapter 58 . 12/12/2013
Kate-The-Great-And-Powerful chapter 57 . 12/12/2013
Aw D: I really like Chaff! Sorry it took me so long to review!
EruditePrincess1993 chapter 25 . 12/4/2013
Boy, Fallon and Enobaria, you sure are schemers. I do hope that they get a new escort after what happened to Cato.
I love how the Career victors are close-nit.