Reviews for 60 Seconds
stick-at-nought shady chapter 51 . 8/13/2013
Johanna's my favorite character, so I was like 'yessss' when i saw the title lol. very good chapter! i think johanna was very in character.
Chasing Silmarils chapter 51 . 8/13/2013
Poor Johanna. She's one of my favorite characters. :'( The Capitol is cruel...
marblesharp chapter 51 . 8/13/2013
Yay, rebel!victors! :3 I like this bit of backstory here for Johanna. She already holds a grudge against Katniss before she's even begun her 'defender of the hopeless' act. ;)
stick-at-nought shady chapter 50 . 8/6/2013
I really like this chapter a lot! :( poor her and her father.
Radio Free Death chapter 49 . 8/6/2013
Interesting that she steals the bread even when it's supposed to be for her. She probably thinks she won't have such good again and is hoarding it.
AprilLittle chapter 49 . 7/30/2013
Waste not! Unfortunately, the second half of the idiom, 'want not', doesn't really apply. Emmer's family is still in need of more, no matter how careful they may be with what they have.
NewNickyCage chapter 49 . 7/29/2013
Do Johanna please
silbs chapter 14 . 7/29/2013
i'm only in chapter 14 and my body has been continually prickled with goosebumps. Man, Cecilia's story to Roy made me see a thousand things at once. Your drabbles are more than good or great- they can really tug at the reader's heart.
indyheart chapter 1 . 7/26/2013
This is such a nice idea :) i was just about to call it a night, but i will continue to read tomorrow.
Fantastic imagery. Really superb.
I'm sorry this is so short, I'm going cross-eyed, so sleepy.
Looking forward to reading more!
starlight.moon.princess chapter 8 . 7/26/2013
This drabble seemed too focussed on the victors as a whole instead of only Haymitch, and I really wish you'd maybe gone more into detail about his defining moment instead of talking about everyone else's.
But in a strange way, I like that quality too, because it shows us how much Haymitch has lost of himself that he doesn't really seem to think about himself as a person, but as a victor, because that is the defining, be all and end all moment in his life.

I also like how you have Haymitch's moment a moment of avoidance, while everyone else's moments were to do with their weapons and abilities. Again, it shows how less Haymitch values himself and his low self-esteem because of all the tributes he had to kill.

This isn't like the other drabbles, that's for sure, but it's still a nice piece.
Well done! :)
starlight.moon.princess chapter 7 . 7/25/2013
[And back in the lab, unfed, the little globe finally winks out.]
This was a rather, if very melancholy way to end this.

I love the way you've portrayed Foxface in this, not as the District Tribute, but as a young girl in school.

[The blue will fade though.]
For some reason, this line makes me think of Foxface herself. it's almost as though it's foreshadowing the fact that Foxface will fad to. If my memory of the books is right, she dies because she's hungry and steals poisonous berries, and that's kind of like she faded away from hunger.

[the little battery must be fed.
You'll go far my dear.]
I think you need to format that bit properly?
But apart from that, I loved the way the teacher's words are circular, because it kind of signifies that Foxface's life was meant to end, regardless of her actions. It gives her story a bit of a fate-like quality, and i love that.

Well done! :)
brxe chapter 48 . 7/21/2013
You updated! :)

Ooh, this was so heartbreaking, mostly because you've captured the essence of hope so well. They all hope, just as Snow says. And then, everything cones crashing down, and they die.

This drabble makes me feel awful for Henrietta, even though I think you've written about her before.

[Johanna's feet falter in their rhythm. Blight looks to his tribute with arms like twigs, and thin brittle fingers. He asks himself the same question.]
This...Oh man. That poor girl. Who'll never even make it past the bloodbath. Just makes me so glad that I don't live in panem.
AprilLittle chapter 48 . 7/21/2013
Blight is unbamboozled by his emotions; he's been mentoring longer and is more willing to admit that not all tributes can be saved. They either don't have sufficient abilities or they don't have the particular taste for necessary actions to be completed. And I'd hate to throw it in there, but Blight's a man and Johanna's a woman. . .so, yeah. She has a nurtured callousness that occasionally can't hold up to the stress of mentoring and he has a natural ability to more coolly observe and act.

Anyway, I like Blight. I like Jo. I feel bad for Henrietta. Nice chapter!
Nrrrd-Grrrl-Meg chapter 48 . 7/20/2013
Why is it that you feel the need to break my feels with each chapter? ;) I love that Johanna is searching painfully, if not selfishly, for the next 'her', while Blight is the one that understands the reality of it all.I LOVE IT!
Kate-The-Great-And-Powerful chapter 48 . 7/20/2013
Blight! I like how you portrayed him here
640 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 .. Last Next »