Reviews for 60 Seconds
silbs chapter 14 . 7/29/2013
i'm only in chapter 14 and my body has been continually prickled with goosebumps. Man, Cecilia's story to Roy made me see a thousand things at once. Your drabbles are more than good or great- they can really tug at the reader's heart.
indyheart chapter 1 . 7/26/2013
This is such a nice idea :) i was just about to call it a night, but i will continue to read tomorrow.
Fantastic imagery. Really superb.
I'm sorry this is so short, I'm going cross-eyed, so sleepy.
Looking forward to reading more!
starlight.moon.princess chapter 8 . 7/26/2013
This drabble seemed too focussed on the victors as a whole instead of only Haymitch, and I really wish you'd maybe gone more into detail about his defining moment instead of talking about everyone else's.
But in a strange way, I like that quality too, because it shows us how much Haymitch has lost of himself that he doesn't really seem to think about himself as a person, but as a victor, because that is the defining, be all and end all moment in his life.

I also like how you have Haymitch's moment a moment of avoidance, while everyone else's moments were to do with their weapons and abilities. Again, it shows how less Haymitch values himself and his low self-esteem because of all the tributes he had to kill.

This isn't like the other drabbles, that's for sure, but it's still a nice piece.
Well done! :)
starlight.moon.princess chapter 7 . 7/25/2013
[And back in the lab, unfed, the little globe finally winks out.]
This was a rather, if very melancholy way to end this.

I love the way you've portrayed Foxface in this, not as the District Tribute, but as a young girl in school.

[The blue will fade though.]
For some reason, this line makes me think of Foxface herself. it's almost as though it's foreshadowing the fact that Foxface will fad to. If my memory of the books is right, she dies because she's hungry and steals poisonous berries, and that's kind of like she faded away from hunger.

[the little battery must be fed.
You'll go far my dear.]
I think you need to format that bit properly?
But apart from that, I loved the way the teacher's words are circular, because it kind of signifies that Foxface's life was meant to end, regardless of her actions. It gives her story a bit of a fate-like quality, and i love that.

Well done! :)
riaser chapter 48 . 7/21/2013
You updated! :)

Ooh, this was so heartbreaking, mostly because you've captured the essence of hope so well. They all hope, just as Snow says. And then, everything cones crashing down, and they die.

This drabble makes me feel awful for Henrietta, even though I think you've written about her before.

[Johanna's feet falter in their rhythm. Blight looks to his tribute with arms like twigs, and thin brittle fingers. He asks himself the same question.]
This...Oh man. That poor girl. Who'll never even make it past the bloodbath. Just makes me so glad that I don't live in panem.
AprilLittle chapter 48 . 7/21/2013
Blight is unbamboozled by his emotions; he's been mentoring longer and is more willing to admit that not all tributes can be saved. They either don't have sufficient abilities or they don't have the particular taste for necessary actions to be completed. And I'd hate to throw it in there, but Blight's a man and Johanna's a woman. . .so, yeah. She has a nurtured callousness that occasionally can't hold up to the stress of mentoring and he has a natural ability to more coolly observe and act.

Anyway, I like Blight. I like Jo. I feel bad for Henrietta. Nice chapter!
Nrrrd-Grrrl-Meg chapter 48 . 7/20/2013
Why is it that you feel the need to break my feels with each chapter? ;) I love that Johanna is searching painfully, if not selfishly, for the next 'her', while Blight is the one that understands the reality of it all.I LOVE IT!
Kate-The-Great-And-Powerful chapter 48 . 7/20/2013
Blight! I like how you portrayed him here
Kate-The-Great-And-Powerful chapter 47 . 7/20/2013
Aw :(
Kate-The-Great-And-Powerful chapter 46 . 7/20/2013
persevera chapter 9 . 7/12/2013
This one is very sad. Henrietta has a skill, but it isn't one that will make her a victor and she knows it. The pine woods replaced by plastic...
I like her imagining her brother with her and that she didn't need the harness.
Kudos for being able to create such a strong impression and make the contrast between the training center and her home without a lot of unnecessary adjectives.
persevera chapter 8 . 7/12/2013
I'm glad I have read a couple of the books now so that I know what this is talking about, particularly Haymitch. If I didn't know, I guess I might think that meant that he could pick up the axe now and do something with it.
I like that you described Finnick as young, since he was so young when he won, and the phrasing for Haymitch of the axe whistling over his head.
Plus which that moment in which everyone could taste victory is a cool idea, a possible series in its own right.
Hurlstien chapter 47 . 7/11/2013
Power Line!: [But Jersey had known; that's why he didn't say it.] and a great one at that!

I like how jersey was trying to comfort Stock with a lie. It's sad but true that people often lie to make others feel better.

[It gets a little easier after that, he says, as you go numb.] he says it as though it's a good thing, but I wouldn't consider going numb to such things a good thing, though, I would be grateful I think.
Hurlstien chapter 46 . 7/11/2013
I love how Tallow's personality came out in this one; he is quite proud and won't let his disability stop him from. Not only that, but I'm thinking he knows that if he went out on stage with the cane it would put people right off from sponsoring him. And so he has to try and disguise it.

["My father made it."] A piece of home, no wonder he doesn't want to give it up.
Hurlstien chapter 45 . 7/11/2013
[ I'm going to say goodnight to them.] Is this speech? If so you I think you've forgotten the marks.

["Thresh already knows. He asked me to reconsider."] If I'm understanding this right, Thresh already knows how hard it will be for the mentors to get sponsors for a twelve year old and that Seeder and Chaff have decided to focus on him because he's got the best shot at winning out of the two of them. Bless him for trying to get them to focus on little Rue instead. It really fits him considering how angry he was at Rue's death and that he actually let Katniss go because of what she did for Rue, even though Katniss could be the one to kill him later. Thresh is one of my faves, gotta admit :)
648 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 .. Last Next »