Reviews for Exonerated
BlindViolinist chapter 32 . 2/25
I just could not stop reading this. You had me hooked from start to finish, analyzing the data and motives, comparing characters, gushing over characters...the complexity was clever.
I loved the legitimacy of your characters, the style of your writing making me want more. I love how you introduced each new suspect, building their lives to fit logically. The timing, with everything, was perfect. Sure, details like actual police work and science are slightly skewed, but I refer to the climb to the climax and the steady breath at the end. I appreciate how Dean was still himself, not just another lovesick cling-on, when Cas's innocence was questioned. He had bias, but he did see the facts. He doubted at one point. This made his character much more real.
Speaking of doubt: doubting Cas was horrible. The thought sent me into denial. "No, nonono not our Cas, our baby wouldn't hurt a kitten." But you had me questioning every character. Meg? Dean? Balthazar? Amelia? Yeah, I thought about Amelia, though only because she didn't want to marry her Winchester. With that sort of thinking, something must have been wrong with her.
Your author's notes were hilarious, and made you seem more like an Internet person than an omniscient identity of . I read more of Babushka's stories, I happy.
I loved it. The diction, the plot, the little details that made characters real, all of it. Your attention to your readers and your attentative story are a masterpiece. Thanks for writing a fantastic read, dear author, I enjoyed every minute.
ToneishaShipper chapter 32 . 2/25
This fanfiction is amazing.

Not just because its amazing. Because you actually make the reader doubt Cas. I know you stated that in the last chapter, but I think I doubted him 2 or 3 times!
Like, come on. I have no common sense.

But it's amazingly interesting and although it seems cliche with Meg and then Castiel making a run for it, it evolves into something much less cliche with an incredibly intriguing plot.

THANK YOU THAT WAS AN AMAZING HOUR I SPENT READING THAT.

IM ASSUMING HOUR. IT COULD HAVE BEEN HALF AN HOUR OR 2 HOURS
I THINK IT WASN'T

But yeah that was brilliant xD :3

-TS
Raining Daylight chapter 32 . 2/15
Oh my, I could go on for a handful of hours about what makes this story amazing. I just do not have that kind of time though, so I will stick to the main point. I love how realistic the story is. Sure you got quite a few points inaccuratey, but that is not what really matters. The characters behaved realistically. In near impossible circumstances, they acted like people who were struggling, lost, and confused. Some of them were ready to give up. Some of them had enough conviction to keep fighting even when physically they shouldn't have been able to. The particular aspect I love most though is the comtradictions you are able to weave in. People are crazy, messed up things. Real people are capable of being strong while feeling weak, capable of conviction even in doubt, capable of loving someone and hurting them because you love them, capable of love even though they enjoy torture, capable of still loving someone because of who you thought they were even though you hate what they are, capable of wanting to be saved while wanting to be lost, and there are so many more. I intially read this story for the destiel aspect, and while I think you wrote it well, it is not why I love this story now. I love it because it they people feel real, because even though life is hard a lot of them keep trying. I love the story for its depth. There are so many stories that hit you skin deep and they have very little meaning. Your story though has hundreds of layers within characters, within their world. So now that I have only given a small idea of how much I love this story, I should take me leave. Please don't ever stop writing because your stories are really good. A lot of people say stories are an escaoe of reality. But in my opinion the really good one are not. They give a different perspective on reality, and they help you can understand reality better.
XxBlindXxAngelXx chapter 31 . 2/9
personally I think death is to easy for the bitch but I can understand the parents wanting that monster gone from the world
XxBlindXxAngelXx chapter 24 . 2/6
its not even funny how caught up in this story i am was seriously holding my breath half the time
Rebekah Kroeplin chapter 32 . 1/7
This was such a fantastic story! :) After reading your authors notes, I feel almost bad for wondering if you were going to twist the story by making Castiel out to really be the killer. You've got to admit! That would have been HUGE! Poor Cas!
I love that you made this story into a kind of message about how disabled people get accused quite a lot. I feel the same way, if they accused Castiel based only on his disability, what kind of evidence would that be? (Still, his disability was really only what tied the ribbon, the circumstances honestly did NOT look good for the poor guy!)

Oh my gosh, if it had been AMELIA who did this, I would have freaked! That would have been the LAST person I expected to be the killer! I'm trying to come up with a scenario that would work for her. If she was the killer, I'm guessing should might have gone through a similar situation as the real killer, Candy, did. That could have been part of the reason why she didn't want to marry him in the beginning! Because she felt some remorse for being the killer! Sam could have been a representation of Krissy! HOLY crap!
I still love how it panned out as it did in the end (THEY GOT MARRY- YEY!). Can't imagine the story with out Krissy! She was an awesome character in Supernatural.

Anyways, this was a fantastic story and I am officially a HUGE fan of your work! I love how twisted and complicated this was. I'm not a fan of sex scenes (what can I say? I'm ace. XD), but this was the first time I honestly didn't care because your writing was just fantastic! I'm a huge fan now! you write beautiful, twisted, hilarious stories!
Grammar Police chapter 15 . 12/15/2014
Actually, I don't know about America, but in Australian English the plural of 'Cas' would be 'Cases', and the possessive 'Cas''. That applies to any singular noun ending with an 's'.

Sorry to be pedantic. :)
SPNTWDlover chapter 32 . 12/13/2014
This story was amazing, you don't have any idea how many times I would read something and just scream 'I hate you for doing this to me!" Only to read a little farther and concede that I actually love you for what you do lol. Can't wait to see what you come up with next!
P.S. I'm usually really good at figuring these things out and you stumped me you totally stumped me it was great. I laughed, I cried, and could NOT stop reading, thank you for writing such an amazing A/U!
notimportant99 chapter 32 . 11/17/2014
you have no idea how much this story has affected me. I clung to every word on the page, at first I thought this was going to be boring, but WOW. I literally spent the entire night reading this instead of studying, this is so well written that words cannot describe my joy at reading this. thank you so much for this gift
KizaneofSevenSwords chapter 32 . 11/12/2014
I just wanted to say, love, that I started reading this and could not stop. As a fellow writer, reader and overall lover of the written word, I am very happy to see someone with your writing skills and knowledge here. You've spun and wove words together in a magnificent manner, gripping and loving. You've kept the reader pondering and wondering, waiting for the next twist and curve. Your characters -Oh I could ramble for days about them! - were so wonderfully portrayed and so real; so human. It was refreshing to see, especially in a Fanfiction. You have a way of bringing each person to life, making the reader feel what they are feeling. You've truly brought your world to life. I, myself, at one point rose from my spot on my bed and threw my hands up, wanting to scream and shout, but my family would have been perturbed to say the least. Lately, I have read quite a few Supernatural fanfictions and this one takes the cake and it shall for a long time to come. It was a romance story, without cheesy cuddle scenes and awkward sex sessions. It was tasteful, tactful and enjoyable. I have little idea as to what you are doing in law school, Sam Winchester! ;) Regardless, I hope that your major does not hinder you now or ever again in life from writing. You truly know what you're doing and you do it phenomenally. Keep writing!
As a side note, were you inspired by Silence of the Lambs or Sherlock by chance? My mind is making a correlation of those with your story. Also, your author's notes were entertaining and charming. :)
Catrimc chapter 12 . 11/6/2014
I know you wrote this a long time ago. I'm not even sure that you will get this message, but I have to say: This is mighty fine reading. There have been several turns of phrases that just sound so right, so funny, after an emotional high. I smile and I am really enjoying this story. I have listed you as a favorite author of mine and I am looking forward to reading your stories; and I am SO happy there are more than just a few to which to look forward!
scubafrog7 chapter 4 . 11/3/2014
Oh wow, your descriptions are amazing. I can clearly visualize Cas and Dean sitting on the porch talking. I think my favorite is of the two of them listening to the summer. It actually spurred some nostalgia. I grew up in rural south Georgia and that description of the thick summer night and the silver yard was like a memory pulled straight from my childhood. We used to sit on the porch swing and listen to the katydids. Thanks for the reminder. I needed that.

Also, dearly love the description, "trapped in the moment like amber." So clear and concise.
scubafrog7 chapter 3 . 11/3/2014
Both brothers are doing their "I can fix everything and everybody" thing. Squee!

Also, I might be falling in love with the last lines of each chapter.
scubafrog7 chapter 2 . 11/3/2014
Dean and Sam's Denny's phone conversation: classic Winchester brothers.

"It's a nice jacket, Dean notices..." That line just kinda pounded home how alone both Dean and Cas are and how they are both struggling to just survive through the guilt and grief and anger.

Excellent portrayal of Lucas/Lucifer. I'm absolutely repulsed by his disregard of everything. He seems very sociopathic.

And Cas, you idjit! What on god's green earth did you do?
Must read more!
scubafrog7 chapter 1 . 11/3/2014
Intriguing dynamic. One I haven't seen before. Must read more!

Also, that last line: "You smell like Fergie." Pure Castiel. Love it!
1,485 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »