Reviews for The Skies Over Manhattan
fiesa chapter 5 . 3/13
I didn't realize this needed to be discussed until it was being discussed :)

Clint and Phil. Of course, they worked together for a long time, I'd even call them friends. They probably would, too.

I like how you slowly introduce him into this story - first he's being talked off, then he dreams, then, finally, he's there in flesh. Oh, the scene in which Hill, Clint, Natasha and Steve all demand answers from Fury - that one was pretty good. And the Tahiti memories, too, the way Clint always repeats the "magical place" thing - that was great. ALmost one season Agents of Shield, right, until they reveal what happened there? Quite some time to get used to the Tahiti-lie, and then that kind of revelation... *shudder* Poor Phil.

Though I have to say, I don't see it quite the way he sees it. He was taken away his choice of dying or not, and Clint was taken away his freedom - is it the same? To me, it doesn't seem that way, but I haven't been in their shoes, for one, and, second, I can see how it could be almost the same. It sure is nothing you forget a few weeks afterwards.

I enjoyed the references to Agents of Shield, too, Fitzsimmons, Ward, Skye and May - the way they were before everything went downhill. Oh well.

I like that kind of optimism - it could be worse! Keep it up, guys, you'll be called on to save the world a few more times in the future.

And you, thanks for sharing your stories here. There's a lot of work in them, and you write beautifully.
fiesa chapter 4 . 3/12
*sings* Phil Coulson is alive! Yay!

It's getting late, I'll make it short.

Of course Bruce had to be included at one point. He probably is the Avenger I know least about, and have read least about (in fan fiction), so I was looking forward to getting to know him. And he is, in many ways, exactly the way I imagined him to be. In others - he's surprising, like human beings are, and I like him. Perceptive, clever, he sees a lot and draws the right conclusions. No trained agent, like Natasha and Clint, but with a fighter's mind set, anyway. A curious mixture, probably, being both a scientist and an unthinking fighting machine. Two extremes. Maybe he can combine those a little, to live more peacefully.

I like how you set the story on the carrier, and on the day of Clint's return. It connects the stories and pushes the timeline forward, which is always nice. I like the fact that Natasha came because she was worried about Clint - or, because she missed him - and the fact that he came to see her first. (By the way: that entrance. Pretty cool!) I did not like the deflection she did in the beginning - hiding her own fears, using deflection and Clint like that - but I know that it's hard confessing to being things one usually isn't, and for Black Widow this would be especially hard. And when talking to a stranger, those things get even harder. She made up for it, in the end - they will be good friends.

You're not even having all the Avengers in the same room at the same time, and yet they feel like a very tight group of friends to me, already.

Two more chapters to go! Yay! :)
fiesa chapter 3 . 3/12
Awwwww Thor :)

You are completely right. I never gave a thought about it, but: he's a person groomed to be a ruler one day, a general, a tactician. There's little chance that he is as naive and innocent as he sometimes appears to be. Whether it's strategy or simply a misconceived notion of us Midgardians, I can't say, but fact is: he's clever. Intelligent, with a strategical mind - and a very human heart, too. I was a bit surprised by the idea that he'd come just to talk to Clint because he felt guilty, but in the end, he had his own agenda, too. It makes it more credible, and besides, if I was LOki's brother I'd like to know what he wanted, too. *shudder* That guy is... dangerous.

As usual, the details make the background as wonderful as the story. Water bottle vendors, serving wenches, rooftop departures, Natasha returning (it feels like their relationship is progressing, slowly and visibly despite the fact that this is not a story aimed at developing it, it makes it only the more wonderful). Sarcasm. Fury paying for lunch. Thor's thing with names. And Clint and Thor developing a connection, in the end: I enjoyed this story a lot, and am looking forward what else (whom else) this fan fiction yet has to offer!
fiesa chapter 2 . 3/12
"Hollow, yet satisfying."

If my day hadn't been quite good so far (probably also because I spent the time between the work I still have to do with reading your stories) I'd say this absolutely made my day. As it is, I'll compromise and say it was one of the best lines ever - so funny! And Tony in Marc Anthony Mode was worth a sight, as well.

I could say so much about this story/chapter that I'd probably go on a rant, I'll make it short this time.

My favorite part: Clint and Pepper. You write her amazingly well, too, and she was my favorite person long before that. Thanks for bringing her back in all the awesome glory that is the woman that can make Ironman actually apologize.

Funniest line: see above.
Funniest detail: the fact that Tony kept the crater, and everyone loves it.

Best actors (male/female): Natasha and Clint and Pepper and Tony share.

Best picture: Steve's and Clint's view from the Avengers Tower.

Best supporting actor: Jarvis. And Grayston Waterston III.

Best sound: all those Star Trek references, hidden throughout your story, this time, I think, it was the Tribbles and the warp core I found.

What else remains? Thanks for making my day!
fiesa chapter 1 . 3/12
This... Perfect.

Oh, wait, first off: thank you so much for answering my reviews! These are your stories, they're wonderful, and you don't have to answer any one of the rants I leave behind as I pass through - but you did, anyway. Thanks for that. And besides, you wrote these stories - so you're way cooler than me *laugh* I just comment.

I think this needed to be written, badly, and you made a wonderful job of it. Until then, most of your stories (I read) dealt with Black Widow and Hawkeye, I didn't doubt you could write Steve the same brilliant way but it's so great to actually have a chance to see it, too. Nobody can even imagine how terribly lonely it must be for Steve, and his doubts regarding his rank of Captain sure weren't the only doubts in his mind - just the ones Clint could answer to. I like how you write him, with all the old things he recognizes in New York (and Clint's apartment) and the new ones he discovers, some of them enthusiasticly, some warily. The description of that street in NY was great, only problem: now I want to go to NY, too! *laugh* You said some of the descriptions are imagination only... Still.

This probably is the first time, after the events of Going to Grounds, that one member of the Avengers sees Clint and Natasha in a relationship. I'm glad Steve was the first to learn, I don't think Hawkeye and Black Widow would take shit from Ironman, even though he'd give it, gratuituously - but Steve is the one /good/ guy among them. Or, one of the good guys? *laugh* Hard to say. Bruce is, probably, too. But as Steve realizes: the "thing" is new, and fragile. They need some time to get used to it. But they will, I'm sure.

I was wondering, what would have happened if Natasha and Clint would have been in a relationship before the events of The Avengers? Quite an intriguing thought, in my opinion.

As usual, the details of this story are beautiful. I was as stunned of the view from Hawkeye's rooftop perch as Steve was!

Thank you for sharing!
Suse B chapter 4 . 6/9/2016
I think I love you for consistently using 'fazed' instead of 'phased'. Especially for someone in the Trek fandom.

I love these missing scenes.
foolondahill17 chapter 4 . 3/28/2015
Forgot to mention this, but that whole getting into Bruce Banner's head as he struggles not to transform into the "Other Guy" was exhilarating. I could really feel the intensity of that scene radiating out of my computer monitor. And I really liked how you stimulated it all from Clint simply walking into the cafeteria, taught and threatening right off a mission; it really gave it a very abrupt, heart-stopping feel. Some pretty raw emotions came through in this chapter and I loved it.
foolondahill17 chapter 1 . 3/27/2015
Hi, I wanted to bang out a review real quick because, as you can see, I've favorited this story (and you as an author) and I hate it when people favorite a story of mine without telling me why and didn't want to go and do the same thing to you ;)

Anyway, I've recently discovered your profile and am oh-so-grateful I did. I loved this story, not just because of your wonderful handle on the characters and Avengers universe but because of your intelligent, crisp narrative, witty dialog, and captivating emotions displayed in your characters. In fact, as Marvel fans go I'm definitely at the far end of the spectrum (I've only seen a couple of the movies and gleaned a bit of information off the internet) so what's really drawn me to your stories is your writing. It's such a pleasure to read such competent prose in the miry-pit fanfiction-dot-net can sometimes be that I couldn't bring myself to pass you up just because I wasn't that familiar with the fandom.

However, now you've got me so in-love with the way you write Clint/Natasha (and every other character you put your hand to) that the bit about "not being familiar with the fandom" may be changing in the near future.

Oh...yes, how you wrote Thor. That was brilliant. You're the first author I've read that hasn't just gone and made him utterly ridiculously over-blown and obnoxious, there primarily for comic relief instead of actually paying attention to the deeper nuances of his character (granted, my frame of reference is pretty small) that it was such a relief to see that you actually made him perceptive, smart, witty, and considerate - not just a brainless, blond giant who can't speak without shouting or flipping his hair over his shoulder. And him asking Clint for relationship advice was priceless!

Thanks for the charming read and you may be hearing more from me again, as I'm currently stalking your profile for all the other delicious surprises you have in waiting ;)
JLC chapter 5 . 10/19/2014
A wonderful addition to one of my all time favourite stories. Very well done.
RodeoTown chapter 5 . 9/25/2014
Wow! What an amazing read! I really enjoyed your portrayal of Clint and, his healing, and slowly building relationships between the Avengers, all against New York, which seems equally wounded and equally resilient. You depict emotions with the sense of raw poignancy that feel real and strikes right to the heart. Excellent story!
Knyle Borealis chapter 5 . 8/26/2014
Oh my goodness this was so freakin' fantastic!
rivendellelve chapter 5 . 6/30/2014
awesome story. love it
Storm of the Smokey Night chapter 5 . 6/12/2014
This is a really good story, and you portray the characters so well.
books-n-cookies chapter 5 . 5/13/2014
This was such a great fic to read! I loved how each avenger was portrayed and we saw how they were doing after New York. This was amazing, I loved reading it!
jwill21 chapter 5 . 5/11/2014
Really enjoyed this fic. All the characters were written perfectly. I hope u write a sequel to this.