Reviews for The Skies Over Manhattan
CrlkSeasons chapter 5 . 3/16/2014
"So how did you get over it? Not having … a choice. Being controlled. Having your will taken away?"
The old saying about good intentions and the road to hell comes to mind … and that's working on the assumption that intentions were good.
"Currently composed of one-sixth grief, one-th crushing guilt and two-thirds homicidal rage."
Anger is often the only effective defence available against grief and guilt. A damaged mind can be a dark and dangerous place to wander through. I hope you were very good to yourself after you finished writing this.
Guest chapter 5 . 3/16/2014
I know you said this is it, but I think you should continue! It's so good! You could do it on Winter Soldier or the arrow necklace. Something Clint and Natasha.
tayababy chapter 5 . 3/16/2014
Wow. Just... wow. The feels! Epically awesome. Well done :)
JRBarton chapter 5 . 3/16/2014
the long wait was definitely worth it and I can understand the difficulty you've had in writing this chapter. I can't say more because Agents of Shield has just started here, so I'm missing out on a lot of stuff, don't know if you make it up or it will happen later on in the show. But that's not really the point, isn't it? The point is how do you come to term with a life which you no longer feel completely yours? How do you deal with thoughs and memories when you're not sure if they belong to you or not? The meeting between Clint and Phil is something else, a masterpiece in its quiet conversation, the asking-not-asking questions because deep down you are not so sure you want to know the answers. As I said, totally worth the wait, you my friend - and I think I told you once or twice already - are one of the few amazing writers here and I love your stories dearly. This is just my first impression, I will read this chapter again and I'm sure I will find some other little gems hidden which will make me reflect more. Thank you for this beauty
pentaghasts chapter 4 . 2/8/2014
I love this - just started reading Clintasha fic and this is one of my favs so far (even though it's about other relationships too but still). Looking forward to chapter five.
Guest chapter 4 . 12/3/2013
I freaking love this story so much! Please keep adding to this! It's one if the best Avengers stories out there!
Kaitie85386 chapter 4 . 11/27/2013
I loved the stories, they were all extremely well written. Its nice to have Clint as a focus for once, because he's usually the one left out, sadly. Great job! :)
-kaitie
PS-I don't get the ending on this last one... Could you explain it please?
penguincrazy chapter 4 . 11/18/2013
loved this story! I love the friendships you wrote between Clint and the rest of the team.
DBhawkguy30 chapter 4 . 10/22/2013
This story is awesome, and really well written. All the characters are just how i'd imagine them.
And I must have read that list at the end four times then went... Huh Coulson isn't on it. Woohoo!
Can't wait for more!
J loves JS chapter 4 . 10/8/2013
I know that this is complete. But I would love to see a story that continues it and shows Clint's response that Phil isn't dead. However, if you're keeping with the story line from the new show, Agents of SHIELD, then the Avengers don't know that Phil is still alive, so maybe you could fit that into the story somehow, like only Clint knows or something. But I guess you'd have to change the plaque then. Oh well. I leave it to you. But I'd love to see continuation.
rosewarren chapter 4 . 8/7/2013
I just got sucked into this fandom, and this story be the first one I came across. I absolutely love it. You did such a fantastic job with the characters and with the way their relationships are developing. I get a little thrill whenever I see that you've written something new! Add me to the others who are clamoring for a fifth chapter.
Nock and Bolt chapter 4 . 7/30/2013
KEEP WRITING THIS STORY!
Nock and Bolt chapter 3 . 7/28/2013
OMG, you write Thor better than ANYONE who has ever tried to write him. Like, you seem to be the ONLY person who has actually UNDERSTOOD that Thor isn't just big and blonde. Needless to say, I absolutely LOVE your portrayal of him. Sorry. I just felt that had to be mentioned, even if you've already written a chapter following this one.
I also think you got Clint pretty well too, and the story's great-I just HAD to stress the fact of you character-percieving-and-portrayal-prowess of Thor. Well, thats pretty much all I wanted to say, well, that, and-Keep writing!

-Nock and Bolt out
Guest chapter 4 . 7/23/2013
I've read this fic multiple times and it never get old. I love it!
Alpha Flyer chapter 4 . 7/23/2013
Dear JLC, thank you for this very kind review. I cannot respond to guest reviews via PM, so I thought I would let you know (and other readers) through this means that I am actually considering a fifth chapter - it will just be a question of when I can fit it into my writing schedule. :-)
143 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »