Reviews for The Skies Over Manhattan
J loves JS chapter 4 . 10/8/2013
I know that this is complete. But I would love to see a story that continues it and shows Clint's response that Phil isn't dead. However, if you're keeping with the story line from the new show, Agents of SHIELD, then the Avengers don't know that Phil is still alive, so maybe you could fit that into the story somehow, like only Clint knows or something. But I guess you'd have to change the plaque then. Oh well. I leave it to you. But I'd love to see continuation.
rosewarren chapter 4 . 8/7/2013
I just got sucked into this fandom, and this story be the first one I came across. I absolutely love it. You did such a fantastic job with the characters and with the way their relationships are developing. I get a little thrill whenever I see that you've written something new! Add me to the others who are clamoring for a fifth chapter.
Nock and Bolt chapter 4 . 7/30/2013
KEEP WRITING THIS STORY!
Nock and Bolt chapter 3 . 7/28/2013
OMG, you write Thor better than ANYONE who has ever tried to write him. Like, you seem to be the ONLY person who has actually UNDERSTOOD that Thor isn't just big and blonde. Needless to say, I absolutely LOVE your portrayal of him. Sorry. I just felt that had to be mentioned, even if you've already written a chapter following this one.
I also think you got Clint pretty well too, and the story's great-I just HAD to stress the fact of you character-percieving-and-portrayal-prowess of Thor. Well, thats pretty much all I wanted to say, well, that, and-Keep writing!

-Nock and Bolt out
Guest chapter 4 . 7/23/2013
I've read this fic multiple times and it never get old. I love it!
Alpha Flyer chapter 4 . 7/23/2013
Dear JLC, thank you for this very kind review. I cannot respond to guest reviews via PM, so I thought I would let you know (and other readers) through this means that I am actually considering a fifth chapter - it will just be a question of when I can fit it into my writing schedule. :-)
JLC chapter 4 . 7/23/2013
Absolutely loved this - seriously one of the best Avengers fics I've ever read. I'm kinda sad you stopped at four chapters...!

Thanks for taking the time, care and patience to post such a well-crafted fic.
Black Widow and Hawkeye OTP chapter 1 . 7/20/2013
"Couldn't keep her out if I tried." She's had my number for years," love that part! I wish there was a movie just for these two! In the meantime hopefully the movies give us something soon! great fic this could have fit in the movie very well xD
TheShadowArchitect chapter 3 . 7/17/2013
I'm reading this and I'm going "Here's an author who knows their Hawkeye, like, more than just seen avengers and read the Fraction/Aja series, but really knows the guy." But then this chapter- my goodness! It completely blew me away! I love how you incorporated the Asgardian customs and occasionally showed a mutual misunderstanding that was subtle enough to allow me to retain my faith in fanfiction. This story is truly a rare gem. Good on you, bro!
bluesunVM chapter 4 . 7/16/2013
Great story. A different take on re-acclimation then I've seen in the past. Thanks for sharing.
bavaria44 chapter 4 . 7/15/2013
Being a descriptive author myself, I have to tell you that I absolutely love your writing style. The scene in The Skies Over Manhattan at the beginning reminded me of the deleted Avengers-movie-scene where Steve walks through Manhattan, then finally sits down in a café and starts to sketch a picture of the nearest building.

It was a brilliant idea (which didn’t occur to me;)) to write about the NY aftermath. Don’t get me wrong, the superheroes saved mankind again – no doubts here, but they wrecked a city! At least, a large part of it.

By the way, The Rules of Dating? I laughed so hard I almost passed out. My favorite chapter was definitely with Thor, and Hawke’s self-collected reaction towards the uninitiated people passing by was just hilarious. And the last one chapter was truly thrilling.

Oh, one more thing. What had Loki done to Hawke is “ranked akin to the taking of a maiden's body against her will“? Okay, good to know… *blushes like a radish*

B.
Hailey-Stone chapter 4 . 6/29/2013
*loses every single rational thought about the story as she pterodactyl screeches into the sun with the sudden outpouring of Pheels induced by that ending*

.:Hailey-Stone, yo:.
AlienTourist chapter 4 . 5/26/2013
It took me a little while to get it...but now I love it! Thank you! The only thing I didn't like...there's no more! I want to read more with Agent Coulson and Barton.
drowning in technicolor dreams chapter 4 . 5/19/2013
Oh, wow. I really really like this. It's really good, and it's really realistic :)
Aleia Jade chapter 2 . 5/19/2013
This is great. Steve is adorable, and was even more so last chapter. I love how you're develolping Hawkeye and Black Widow.

Also this: /and refrains from pointing out that being just him will always involve addressing problematic shit./ That. That is my favorite. Ever.
149 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »