Reviews for The Skies Over Manhattan
JLC chapter 4 . 7/23/2013
Absolutely loved this - seriously one of the best Avengers fics I've ever read. I'm kinda sad you stopped at four chapters...!

Thanks for taking the time, care and patience to post such a well-crafted fic.
Black Widow and Hawkeye OTP chapter 1 . 7/20/2013
"Couldn't keep her out if I tried." She's had my number for years," love that part! I wish there was a movie just for these two! In the meantime hopefully the movies give us something soon! great fic this could have fit in the movie very well xD
TheShadowArchitect chapter 3 . 7/17/2013
I'm reading this and I'm going "Here's an author who knows their Hawkeye, like, more than just seen avengers and read the Fraction/Aja series, but really knows the guy." But then this chapter- my goodness! It completely blew me away! I love how you incorporated the Asgardian customs and occasionally showed a mutual misunderstanding that was subtle enough to allow me to retain my faith in fanfiction. This story is truly a rare gem. Good on you, bro!
bluesunVM chapter 4 . 7/16/2013
Great story. A different take on re-acclimation then I've seen in the past. Thanks for sharing.
bavaria44 chapter 4 . 7/15/2013
Being a descriptive author myself, I have to tell you that I absolutely love your writing style. The scene in The Skies Over Manhattan at the beginning reminded me of the deleted Avengers-movie-scene where Steve walks through Manhattan, then finally sits down in a café and starts to sketch a picture of the nearest building.

It was a brilliant idea (which didn’t occur to me;)) to write about the NY aftermath. Don’t get me wrong, the superheroes saved mankind again – no doubts here, but they wrecked a city! At least, a large part of it.

By the way, The Rules of Dating? I laughed so hard I almost passed out. My favorite chapter was definitely with Thor, and Hawke’s self-collected reaction towards the uninitiated people passing by was just hilarious. And the last one chapter was truly thrilling.

Oh, one more thing. What had Loki done to Hawke is “ranked akin to the taking of a maiden's body against her will“? Okay, good to know… *blushes like a radish*

Hailey-Stone chapter 4 . 6/29/2013
*loses every single rational thought about the story as she pterodactyl screeches into the sun with the sudden outpouring of Pheels induced by that ending*

.:Hailey-Stone, yo:.
AlienTourist chapter 4 . 5/26/2013
It took me a little while to get it...but now I love it! Thank you! The only thing I didn't like...there's no more! I want to read more with Agent Coulson and Barton.
drowning in technicolor dreams chapter 4 . 5/19/2013
Oh, wow. I really really like this. It's really good, and it's really realistic :)
Aleia Jade chapter 2 . 5/19/2013
This is great. Steve is adorable, and was even more so last chapter. I love how you're develolping Hawkeye and Black Widow.

Also this: /and refrains from pointing out that being just him will always involve addressing problematic shit./ That. That is my favorite. Ever.
JRBarton chapter 1 . 5/18/2013
I stumbled pretty much by chance on you as an author and your stories, read a few of them, liked them very much, but this one... this one here took me home. I love the stories where Hawkeye is the main character, like the occasional whump, like the action but what really grabs me is the interaction: with the other members of the team, with the other agents, the way he copes with himself, his feelings, the changes in every day's life. Can't really say I have a favorite chapter, they are all extremely well written, covers every angles as far as angst, sorrow, humour, smartassness (does it even exist as a word?), tentative steps toward building a friendship, even more tentative steps toward a "this is me, far from being cold and emotionless, this is me, scared to let people close, to trust again". The interaction between Clint and the other characters in the four chapters is as real as it can be, it doesn't even sometimes make you think you're reading a piece of fiction but is like real life unfolding before your eyes. Let's pretend for a moment we're not talking about fictional characters here, the conversation could very well being exchanged between one of us and one of our friends. This is what makes a story a great story in my eyes: the "real feel" in the extraordinary, in the fictional. Maybe that's why, amongst the whole team, the archer is the one I like the most: he's just as human as they come but in all his fragility as a human being, he has to find in himself the strength to overcome the obstacles. After all, isn't what each one of us does on pretty much every day, even thou at a minor level? Thank you for sharing this absolute great piece of art with us.
Guest chapter 4 . 5/11/2013
soooo...Coulson Lives? I mean, of course he does, but is that what you're trying to say here?
Tanba Josav chapter 4 . 5/11/2013
Love this chapter, seeing Bruce, Natasha and Clint beginning to bond as a proper team. And I love Doreen, can we keep her? lol

I'm really hoping your ending means what I think it means!

Keep up the great work
Guest chapter 3 . 5/10/2013
sooooo... on Asgard they're calling it "mind-rape?"
Guest chapter 2 . 5/10/2013