Reviews for The Skies Over Manhattan
JRBarton chapter 1 . 5/18/2013
I stumbled pretty much by chance on you as an author and your stories, read a few of them, liked them very much, but this one... this one here took me home. I love the stories where Hawkeye is the main character, like the occasional whump, like the action but what really grabs me is the interaction: with the other members of the team, with the other agents, the way he copes with himself, his feelings, the changes in every day's life. Can't really say I have a favorite chapter, they are all extremely well written, covers every angles as far as angst, sorrow, humour, smartassness (does it even exist as a word?), tentative steps toward building a friendship, even more tentative steps toward a "this is me, far from being cold and emotionless, this is me, scared to let people close, to trust again". The interaction between Clint and the other characters in the four chapters is as real as it can be, it doesn't even sometimes make you think you're reading a piece of fiction but is like real life unfolding before your eyes. Let's pretend for a moment we're not talking about fictional characters here, the conversation could very well being exchanged between one of us and one of our friends. This is what makes a story a great story in my eyes: the "real feel" in the extraordinary, in the fictional. Maybe that's why, amongst the whole team, the archer is the one I like the most: he's just as human as they come but in all his fragility as a human being, he has to find in himself the strength to overcome the obstacles. After all, isn't what each one of us does on pretty much every day, even thou at a minor level? Thank you for sharing this absolute great piece of art with us.
Guest chapter 4 . 5/11/2013
soooo...Coulson Lives? I mean, of course he does, but is that what you're trying to say here?
Tanba Josav chapter 4 . 5/11/2013
Love this chapter, seeing Bruce, Natasha and Clint beginning to bond as a proper team. And I love Doreen, can we keep her? lol

I'm really hoping your ending means what I think it means!

Keep up the great work
Guest chapter 3 . 5/10/2013
sooooo... on Asgard they're calling it "mind-rape?"
Guest chapter 2 . 5/10/2013
wikipedia...lqtm
Guest chapter 1 . 5/10/2013
utah. lol
Guest chapter 4 . 4/10/2013
COULSON LIVES!
EmilyRoseKeys chapter 2 . 4/3/2013
"He knows that she can hold that kind of posture for hours, just like he can his bow. And that he'll buckle before she does. He always does. Isn't that how this whole thing between them got started, him not being able to go for the kill?"

Oh my God, I swear my heart stopped for a second when I read that! You have a way with their voices, I felt like I was in their place whatever they were feeling, discomfort, trust! That was very good!
Guest chapter 4 . 3/30/2013
Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! I could'nt do it either- leave the poor guy dead...
theredrobin chapter 4 . 3/18/2013
This is just terrific. I love stories focusing on the entire team's relationship (with a slight emphasis on Clint and Natasha, of course; I'm sure you understand), and this was a really great one. I like how you more or less measure how everyone is doing by bringing them into a frame of reference with Clint and how he is coping. I couldn't pick a favorite chapter if I tried, they are all that good.

Nice, strong ending too without you spelling out a thing. I'm always impressed when someone can pull off something subtle like that.
ladygris chapter 4 . 3/15/2013
Complete? Wait, what? But there's so many more questions! Is Coulson still alive? In a coma and they weren't sure if he would survive? Had to fake his death for some reason? But that's just the way my mind works.

I really enjoyed Bruce's thoughts on Clint and Natasha's relationship. Seeing this moment-when Clint returned from his first mission back-from an outside POV was really interesting, and Bruce is an interesting character anyway.

Great work on this story! Really looking forward to your next one!
NoLongerHidden chapter 4 . 3/10/2013
I love how you did the entire team moments, yet still added time for Clint and Natasha, my favorite pairing. If this is done, please don't let it be done. It's truly amazing.
Hawaiichick chapter 4 . 3/8/2013
Whoa, that ending was unexpected. But made me smile in happines. :) I love the little details we get in this chapter. Like Clint adores baklava and needs coffee when on a mission. I love your Clintasha too.
human28 chapter 4 . 3/10/2013
Ah, perfect ending. You should consider writing a follow-up story for this! Would definitely be a fun read.
human28 chapter 3 . 3/10/2013
Finally a portrayal worthy of Thor! Best one I've read so far. Hate the way people describe him in some fics, like he's just comic relief and nothing else.
149 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »