Reviews for The Skies Over Manhattan
adara-greenleaf chapter 1 . 12/21/2012
This was so cute! Definitely sad in places, but the cuteness outweighed the sadness for sure. I love when Rogers says, "Shampoo." I laughed so hard. And Clint saying, "I couldn't keep HER out if I tried." That was hilarious. Thanks for this. It made me smile.
sv4me chapter 1 . 12/18/2012
Awesome. Just awesome. Loved your take on a Barton / Rogers bond through the military. I'm assuming this is a one-shot? Thanks for writing!
Hawaiichick chapter 1 . 12/3/2012
You have made me one happy girl! What a fun story to read. I love getting a peak at Clint Barton's apartment. :) We learn all sorts of new fun facts. Thanks Steve! And I like that they included Steve into their dinner plans. It seems like he would be so lonely and lost despite his strength (physically and mentally).
XxTheXBlindXBanditxX chapter 1 . 11/30/2012
I love this story. I love the friendship that Barton and Rogers have, despite how new and fragile it is. I love the relationship between Romanoff and Barton too. This whole story is just perfect.
Kari chapter 1 . 11/29/2012
I'm a sucker for Clint and Steve friendship stories, so this was great. I really enjoy the universe you made for the avengers and I really hope you keep writing more stories for them, pretty please with sugar on top.
astridv chapter 1 . 11/27/2012
Really enjoyed this story; wonderful Steve POV. Love the Nat/Clint romance, and that they choose to show Steve so much trust not to hide it from him.
And I once more like the way your establish the setting. Clint's apartment feels like a real place. Love the view. :)
Shazrolane chapter 1 . 11/27/2012
Really nice story. You've shown us everyone's inner struggles without making them totally broken. Everything about Clint's place was perfect, including the fact that he obviously feels that the rooftops of the neighborhood are his.

I loved the line where Cap says he's from Brooklyn - that was a great departure from the usual goody two shoes approach to him. You've made him into a character with some depth. And the scene where Clint smells Natasha's hair was so intimate and loving.
lifechiaroscuro chapter 1 . 11/26/2012
Great fic!

Caity :)
eicarG chapter 1 . 11/26/2012
My thoughts before reading this: "OMYGOSH ALPHA FLYER WROTE MORE CLINTASHA YESSSSSSS!"

I fell in love with your style in "Going to Ground" (and yes, had to go and read "In the Service" post-haste). And with your Clint. I'm going to gush now, ready?

You are the best character writer I've found on this site. I am so in love with the way you characterize Clint and Natasha, the maturity of their relationship, who they are to each other. That they can hold each other through breakdowns and then make fun of each other over breakfast for things like how potatoes are cooked. Your dialogue ... ah, it makes me smile with art-induced giddiness. Your ear is impeccable.

Your narrative voice is so artful without ever turning purple. Some of your sentences just stick with me in the best, heart-stabbing kind of way ("The Hawk never sees the ground until it strikes," "It has been a long time and two wars since he last slept"). If you published original fiction, I'd buy it. (And I'm known for what my writing & reading friends have called "strenuous expectations.")

I love, love, love the deep, honest emotional undercurrents in your work, brought to life with such perfect little details. I love the Hawk's nest you created here. Exactly where Clint would live. I love seeing all this through Steve's eyes; what a perfect POV choice. I love everything about this, including but not limited to Clint's flawless pitch into the recycling bin and "You don't cook a hunk of cheese, Clinton Francis Barton" and Clint's responding to the shampoo question by smelling Tasha's hair. ;)

So again I say: "ALPHA FLYER IS WRITING CLINTASHA-CENTRIC TEAM FIC OMYGOSH MAKE MY DAY WHY DON'T YOU."
Arlome chapter 1 . 11/26/2012
Fantastic! I enjoyed every word of it!
I simply loooovvveee your Clint:)
Bookdancer chapter 1 . 11/26/2012
Great job! Definitely longer than any chapter or one-shot I've ever written (longest I've gotten to was a chapter of about 3K words), so congrats! I really enjoyed this, and most people don't see the connection between Steve and Clint (it's actually canon that Clint sees Steve as a fatherly/brotherly figure... I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere a few days ago), although I do love their connection. I also like how you didn't make Steve the naive out of time man most people make him. He's out of time, yeah, but he's not an idiot. And is this finished? I didn't see a 'complete' although it seems kind of like a one-shot. So yeah, great job, and if it's not complete, please update soon!
CrlkSeasons chapter 1 . 11/26/2012
An interesting and thoroughly engaging visit with more of those who are "supposed to be on the same team". The scenes are full of deft touches, including Brooklyn, the water glass and the shampoo. As you point out, it's so often "the little things that get you".
Since they are in New York and this is a work in progress, I wonder if we may yet see more examples of of them "kick(ing) obstacles out of the way and get(ting) on with their lives".
jorizo chapter 1 . 11/26/2012
Oh wow. This was really good. I love this Clint. And this Natasha. And how they interact with Steve. I can't wait to read more.
the guttersnipe chapter 1 . 11/26/2012
great introductory chapter. cannot wait to read more!

thanks for sharing
TheNaggingCube chapter 1 . 11/26/2012
Fabulous. Every little detail added something special and important. From tossing the cans into the dumpster to Steve noting the shampoo... lovely.

More please.