Reviews for The Skies Over Manhattan
ladygris chapter 2 . 1/16/2013
Screen saver! ROFL!

There were SOOO many good moments here. From Natasha trying to use those magazines and books to get Clint to go with her to the actual party to Pepper's message to Clint to...I could go on. I especially enjoyed Steve's thoughts on Google and Wikipedia, but I'VE spent hours reading Wikipedia! LOL! And Natasha's comment about "circus boy walking on the railing." I could definitely see that!

So glad to have an update and looking forward to the next chapter! :D
rain chapter 2 . 1/16/2013
I would kill for that screensaver.
Precious93 chapter 2 . 1/16/2013
Hahaha this is fantastic!
Nightcrawler's Shadow chapter 2 . 1/16/2013
I want that screensaver. This chapter was awesome and well worth the wait! Kudos!
Bookdancer chapter 2 . 1/16/2013
I loved that last part! It was absolutely something Clint would say. So great job!
the frozen cherry chapter 2 . 1/16/2013
That was such a good chapter! I love how well you write the characters and I can't wait to read what happens next :)
adara-greenleaf chapter 1 . 12/21/2012
This was so cute! Definitely sad in places, but the cuteness outweighed the sadness for sure. I love when Rogers says, "Shampoo." I laughed so hard. And Clint saying, "I couldn't keep HER out if I tried." That was hilarious. Thanks for this. It made me smile.
sv4me chapter 1 . 12/18/2012
Awesome. Just awesome. Loved your take on a Barton / Rogers bond through the military. I'm assuming this is a one-shot? Thanks for writing!
Hawaiichick chapter 1 . 12/3/2012
You have made me one happy girl! What a fun story to read. I love getting a peak at Clint Barton's apartment. :) We learn all sorts of new fun facts. Thanks Steve! And I like that they included Steve into their dinner plans. It seems like he would be so lonely and lost despite his strength (physically and mentally).
XxTheXBlindXBanditxX chapter 1 . 11/30/2012
I love this story. I love the friendship that Barton and Rogers have, despite how new and fragile it is. I love the relationship between Romanoff and Barton too. This whole story is just perfect.
Kari chapter 1 . 11/29/2012
I'm a sucker for Clint and Steve friendship stories, so this was great. I really enjoy the universe you made for the avengers and I really hope you keep writing more stories for them, pretty please with sugar on top.
astridv chapter 1 . 11/27/2012
Really enjoyed this story; wonderful Steve POV. Love the Nat/Clint romance, and that they choose to show Steve so much trust not to hide it from him.
And I once more like the way your establish the setting. Clint's apartment feels like a real place. Love the view. :)
Shazrolane chapter 1 . 11/27/2012
Really nice story. You've shown us everyone's inner struggles without making them totally broken. Everything about Clint's place was perfect, including the fact that he obviously feels that the rooftops of the neighborhood are his.

I loved the line where Cap says he's from Brooklyn - that was a great departure from the usual goody two shoes approach to him. You've made him into a character with some depth. And the scene where Clint smells Natasha's hair was so intimate and loving.
lifechiaroscuro chapter 1 . 11/26/2012
Great fic!

Caity :)
ProneToWander chapter 1 . 11/26/2012
My thoughts before reading this: "OMYGOSH ALPHA FLYER WROTE MORE CLINTASHA YESSSSSSS!"

I fell in love with your style in "Going to Ground" (and yes, had to go and read "In the Service" post-haste). And with your Clint. I'm going to gush now, ready?

You are the best character writer I've found on this site. I am so in love with the way you characterize Clint and Natasha, the maturity of their relationship, who they are to each other. That they can hold each other through breakdowns and then make fun of each other over breakfast for things like how potatoes are cooked. Your dialogue ... ah, it makes me smile with art-induced giddiness. Your ear is impeccable.

Your narrative voice is so artful without ever turning purple. Some of your sentences just stick with me in the best, heart-stabbing kind of way ("The Hawk never sees the ground until it strikes," "It has been a long time and two wars since he last slept"). If you published original fiction, I'd buy it. (And I'm known for what my writing & reading friends have called "strenuous expectations.")

I love, love, love the deep, honest emotional undercurrents in your work, brought to life with such perfect little details. I love the Hawk's nest you created here. Exactly where Clint would live. I love seeing all this through Steve's eyes; what a perfect POV choice. I love everything about this, including but not limited to Clint's flawless pitch into the recycling bin and "You don't cook a hunk of cheese, Clinton Francis Barton" and Clint's responding to the shampoo question by smelling Tasha's hair. ;)

So again I say: "ALPHA FLYER IS WRITING CLINTASHA-CENTRIC TEAM FIC OMYGOSH MAKE MY DAY WHY DON'T YOU."
149 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9 10 Next »