Reviews for Take no Umbridge II: Taking Defense
NeKo and Tori in one chapter 17 . 5h
this is brilliant! I greatly enjoyed the take no I, but this is even better beccause it manages to ballamce cracking witt and actual development of both circumstances and characters. You managed to make it interesting despite the main order of events already being known from take no I, kudos for that. I also wanted to compliment you for making Hermione and Ron more believable and more plausable than the cannon! What with having both evolve and showing how they really do compliment each other instead of just setting each other off... I really look forward to what else could happen in this universe!
Rori Potter chapter 17 . 18h
SusanL chapter 17 . 3/22
Thank you for the new chapter. It was a good note to end on. I ended up going back to read both I & II from the beginning :) I look forward to reading III whenever it is ready. Will we get to see Harry employ his shears?
xxdelightfullxx chapter 17 . 3/22
Harry taking no shit is always amazing
So who picked "Former Defense professor attacking with a potion's stirrer" and made off with the large cumulative pot?
Cassandra30 chapter 17 . 3/21
Good chapter!
ILoveGeorgeEads chapter 17 . 3/21
i loved loved loved loved loved loved loved loved loved loved was great.
Kitsune95 chapter 17 . 3/21
Yes! A fitting end for this chapter! Looking forward to the next part. After all, I think this is the only story I've found with Harry becoming a Proffesor before graduation or the war. And it is done in a, somewhat wizard logical, way. Thanks for the awesome chapter!
Cateagle chapter 17 . 3/21
*chuckle* It seems Hermione should have taken the rumor about essay length more seriously; hopefully she will now concentrate on succinct-ness and not length. That last bit with Umbridge was a nice touch; I'm certain she will be locked away more securely, and deeply, from now on (be such a shame if a paperwork "foul up" accidentally sent her through the veil as I'm certain the Ministry bureaucracy would then go into full CYA mode and no responsible party would ever be found).

You have the Chamber Complex evolving nicely and I loved that threat to the younger Malfoy, toothpicks are most excellent for cleaning out all the little creases and cracks on an object but it is quite time consuming to do so - might even keep him highly occupied all term.
digbygreen chapter 17 . 3/21
But everyone knows that it is intent that makes the spell work. Abner Catnapper, indeed.
Teufel1987 chapter 17 . 3/21
A nice enough chapter. A bit short, though. I look forward to seeing how Harry behaves as the DADA teacher. I wonder what trouble Malfoy will get into, though I have to say, I am surprised that Snape didn't try to explain the blonde's behaviour away.
Also, I am a bit surprised as to how a clearly insane person managed to evade security, travel halfway across the country to a remote location and then sneak into a school that is supposed to be safe only to be intercepted at the Great Hall.
How did the various people working at St Mungo's, the Aurors, the Magical Law Enforcement Patrol, the residents of Hogsmeade, various people between England and Scotland, and Dumbledore not notice her till she reached the Great Hall?
At least the malicious people who entered Hogwarts undetected did so by being clever!

Unless of course, the whole thing was perpetrated by Fudge or his people?

I wonder if there is going to be an investigation here?

Anyway, two things:
1. The contract fell THROUGH. not THREW. Threw means something entirely different.
2. If Harry is thinking about the implement that is used to cut things, then he would be referring to a pair of SHEARS. Of course, he could be thinking about the new curtains he plans to put up in his home, but somehow I doubt he was thinking of interior decoration at the time.
Lauralead chapter 17 . 3/20
will you write a 'Take on Umbridge III'?
plums chapter 17 . 3/20
Oh god... the name of the teacher who fell out the window. Bravo, sir.
mab70 chapter 17 . 3/20
Love, love, LOVE that last scene! How did you come up with that purrfectly awesome phrase as a drugged attempt at the A.K.?
I adore reading your stuff!
Vampireking40 chapter 17 . 3/20
That was a great ending. Harry is a Professor and Unbridge is gone. Now Malfoy will learn don't mess with the Potter's.