Reviews for Chuck vs The Charade
Lord al'Thor chapter 12 . 1/30/2015
That's it. I'm done. Stick a fork in me. This story has got my head spinning. At this point I fully expect that Chuck is actually a Ring operative playing Sarah or whatever the freak her name is right now. And Sarah was playing him but got outplayed. Seriously I got no idea.
Lord al'Thor chapter 11 . 1/30/2015
Argh...this is just so ridiculously good. I've given up on trying to determine her motivations and am just going along for the ride. They are SO good together. And then you drop another f ck me moment on Chuck at the end. Poor guy - how is he not a puddle of goo on the floor?
Lord al'Thor chapter 10 . 1/30/2015
Aww...for frack's sake - ANOTHER name AND occupation. Jeez, you are pulling ALL the canon aliases out to play. How has Chuck not had an aneurism yet? And NOW they get busy? How the hell can he trust her. Cripes, I still can't get a read on whether she's playing him. I hate you.
Lord al'Thor chapter 9 . 1/30/2015
Frack. This is too good. Chuck is taking a beating. Every time he seems to find his head above water another bombshell knocks him down further. And the poor schlub is so gonzo. She's just gonna keep on betraying him. Damn.
Lord al'Thor chapter 8 . 1/30/2015
Great chapter. The confrontation with the Fulcrum drones was intense and let me just say that I really don't know what to think about the White murder. I've still got these tinglys telling me something isn't right with Her. Even the conversation at the end had me twitching. I just can't trust her motivations. Too good.
Lord al'Thor chapter 7 . 1/30/2015
Gah! You ARE evil. There is no other way about it. I finally get some Whoever POV and there is NOTHING to give insight into motivation. Damn it. And then they get all gropey at the end. Can't even tell if it's real. Sucks. Of course it is not at all surprising that the bearded gnome would do the blockage. Good chapter.
Lord al'Thor chapter 6 . 1/30/2015
You are indeed evil. Poor friggin' Chuck. He's already head over for this chick and for all he knows...

I'm thoroughly engrossed and it's unfortunate I'm at work! Thanks for the response and I hope whatever her name is she IS good in the end. I don't think I could handle a truly evil Her.
Lord al'Thor chapter 5 . 1/30/2015
Well damn. I didn't see that coming. I know there is no way she is Fulcrum. No way. But she is Rebecca Franco now, a second nod to a canon mentioned alias. Nice. Poor Chuck though. Dude can't catch a break. I'd still love to get inside Sarah's...I mean Katie's...umm Rebecca's? head.
Lord al'Thor chapter 4 . 1/30/2015
I gotta admit this chapter killed me. I'm a big fan of Sarah's POV and without it I found myself measuring everything she said, every look she gave and wondering if she was playing Chuck. Or how much she was playing him. I imagine that was your reasoning. If so, well freaking done.
Lord al'Thor chapter 3 . 1/29/2015
BartholomewCasey. No doubt about it. I also like how you've incorporated some canon baddies. Only complaint is the small doses of Sarah thus far. I mean Katie. This story is shaping up nicely.
Lord al'Thor chapter 2 . 1/29/2015
Now admittedly I have never seen Charade so I have no idea how much this will follow that story but I really like what I've read so far. I can't say I'm saddened to see Jill make her exit so early, she deserves it I'm sure. Interested to see what else you have in store.
Lord al'Thor chapter 1 . 1/29/2015
A very interesting idea for an AU tale and a good start to it. I especially liked the canonesque introduction of "Katie O'Connell". I look forward to continuing.
Molotov chapter 1 . 11/29/2014
This story has entered into my regular rotation of quality Chuck stories, as evidenced by the bootleg eBook version I made to read on my Kindle when I don't have internet connectivity.

My favorite moments in this story at the trust moments.

In Chapter 6, when Chuck learns Katie isn't Katie; she's Rebecca.

In Chapter 10, when he learns Rebecca isn't Rebecca; she's Jenny.

In Chapters 11 & 12, when Chuck learns his eight years with Jill had been a job to her.

In Chapter 13, when Chuck learns Jenny isn't Jenny; she's Elana, and then she's Sarah. Sarah asks Chuck to trust her and when he asks why, she rightfully answers him with, "I haven't a good reason why." She knows almost everything she's told him has been a lie. She's strung him along, like everyone else in his life not named Ellie, Morgan, or Devon, and she's burned the last trust bridge she had with Chuck.

And finally in Chapter 15's epilogues, when Sarah reflects on her life now - the assignment, her marriage, Chuck. My single favorite moment in this entire story happens here, when Sarah recognises she has to find a way to make Chuck trust her again. Just her acknowledging that, when her and Chuck's early relationship is built on her demand for total trust but giving little in return, is amazing to me. Lesser writers would not have addressed that, but you did, and I love you for it.
DanielHimura chapter 15 . 6/6/2014
Great story. Read all of it in a single day. Any thoughts of a sequel?
Molotov chapter 15 . 4/25/2014
Well I'll be. That was a pretty great story. Definitely my favorite retelling of the pilot episode. I didn't really "feel" Sarah's falling so hard and so fast for Chuck, but maybe when I re-read at a slower pace (I chugged through this needing to quench my thirst for Chuck fic) I'll be 100% on board.
But really. Great, great job. I really enjoyed this.
394 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »