Reviews for Requesting a Holiday from Life
controlled climb chapter 1 . 1/30/2013
First of all, so sorry for taking ages to read this. I know we talked about it in PM and... argh. You know me. I haven’t really got any good excuses in me. Anyway, back to business. I really do love this and I’m honoured to think that something I wrote inspired such a gem. I love the difference the twins’ attitudes and even though I wrote her with Lorcan, this has swung me to think that maybe I had wrong and that maybe I should’ve been writing her with Lysander instead... Really, they’re so sweet together. Also, loving the red string of fate that you put in there. It’s one of my favourite little myths and it’s always exciting to see people put it in stories, especially ones as wonderful as this one. It was great to see how that, even though she was still struggling to decide between the twins, there was also still a part of her that belonged wholly to Ron. I guess what they say is true: you never really let go of your first love. I think my favourite part of this entire fic was the third sentence, where she talks about Ron being there not really being there. There’s just so much in that and the inner Ronmione shipper in me wants to just burst out in tears. Seriously mew, this fic is just the epitome of perfection. Thanks so much for writing this.
BlueEyes444 chapter 1 . 12/6/2012
Oh, wow, this was great! Well, I vote a foursome, Hermione. You, Ron, and the boys. XD
Anyway, very complex and very cool. :D I'm not normally a fan of Hermione with anyone but Ron but I seriously could easily ship her with Lysander. Or Lorcan. Or both actually. ;)
Loved it of course. :D
autumn midnights chapter 1 . 11/26/2012
This is great! I haven't read a whole lot of Hermione/Scamander twins, but it's a really interesting idea since I'm not really a huge Ronmione fan. I really love the theme of all the places that are special to Hermione, and I think that was a lovely way to center the drabble around one thing. I absolutely adore the comparison between Lorcan and Lysander, as well - I agree that they'd be very different people, and I think that you showed that very well. I think you wrote Hermione's confusion very well, also, and I love how you left the drabble open-ended, unsure about whether she'll actually end up with Lorcan or Lysander. I really enjoyed this, and I love the title, also. Great job!