Reviews for Only if For a Night
lydiamartins chapter 1 . 1/3/2014
this prompt (the lyrics at the beginning of this fic) are really great, and i feel as though you encaptured the prompt of dust really well in this metaphorical sense which is nice; i really like haymitchmaysilee and the way that you characterized haymitch probably made him a lot less snarky and a lot less rude that he was in the books, but in here he actually shows his emotions which is a difference from the majority of the haymitch scene in the books, and he just seems sort of lost and broken and the same time because he wasn't able to save the person, maysilee, that he really loved and that was what really mattered in the end - the friendship between them seems as though it had been really strong and the lovely descriptions in here were nice; i feel as though more descriptions would have been better however, instead of a larger amount of dialogue than descriptions because this is an emotional oneshot, but overall, great job with this oneshot, c:

xx clara
bleachers chapter 1 . 12/28/2013
DAMN, GIRL. What was this?

I didn't get it at first, but Jesus, this was fantastic. I love how you took the 'dust' prompt and made it such a minuscule focus of the story, but it's still so freaking powerful. I'm assuming this was set in Catching Fire?

I'm never let down by your work.

Rachel xx
SilverMedals chapter 1 . 12/21/2013
I really loved this! You wrote drunken Haymitch fantastically, and I love the parts in the italics.

You had a great representation of Haymitch's personality when he looked at Maysilee's gravestone.

Overall, a great Maysilee/Haymitch (one of the best I've ever read, especially with a dead!Maysilee).
lisserboo chapter 1 . 6/25/2013
Brilliant job! I really liked this! :D
quiet-little-wallflower chapter 1 . 1/7/2013
My god, this is just so bittersweet. I found myself shifting from giggling at certain lines -the gloomy tombstone one cracked me up especially- and then almost crying from some of the interactions between the pair of them. It was absolutely beautiful.
I haven't read many Haymitch/Maysilee fics before, but this one has basically made me fall in love with them. I pretty much ship Haymitch with everyone though, so it was bound to happen .
MockingjayWithFangs chapter 1 . 12/4/2012
I really liked this because you said it like it is, without sugarcoating it. Maysilee is just a dead tribute and only Haymitch remembers. The fact he needs the alcohol to see her is something I imagine Haymitch doing. Good job.
three-golden-mockingjays chapter 1 . 12/2/2012
just casually crying during indonesian... well done :)
Bloodredfirefly chapter 1 . 11/29/2012
Oh, just - really? Wow, so beautiful. I love it. I am totally, beyond amazement right now. I've just found that forum, it looks amazing. So original, and that line, that dust one - I'll never steal it of course, but I'll never forget it. Beyond beautiful. Just incredibly perfect. You leave me without words again. Thank you so much.
truces chapter 1 . 11/27/2012

not okay

I know I'm really supposed to give you some concrit, but I can't.

Your writing is perfect and this song is perfect and bye

In 1,000 words, the FEELS.
Clara Meliza chapter 1 . 11/26/2012