Reviews for A Different Introduction
Zeuseus chapter 12 . 2/19
I hope you come back to this at some point as it's a very well written piece of work so far. You've kept things fairly open-ended for exactly how malicious Dumbledore is so it could go multiple ways which is good at this stage, though you'll probably need to lock in an idea of how you want him to react to things pretty soon once Bones' investigation uncovers things.
Bosma17 chapter 12 . 10/20/2017
Please update
AaronD1 chapter 10 . 9/14/2017
This story started out well, it contained 3 things that I enjoy:

Adults being Adults.
Children being children.
A look at an undeveloped character.

Things went downhill, however, during the Diagon alley visit. Luna isn't really a character that I like. Actually having to listen to someone go on about fake, made-up creatures and conspiracy theories would be quite exhausting. I know this because I already have to deal with two people in my life that enjoy spouting off conspiracy theories as fact - it is dam exhausting.

The next character that I don't really like is Neville. It isn't that I dislike him, but the fact of the matter is that he's either useless for five years of the story or you have to start making significant changes to his character early on, essentially making him OOC.

The next thing is the Horcrux. This trope about a healer instantly knowing what Harry's scar is, and then explaining it to everyone in the room is ridiculous. A horux is supposed to be an extremely obscur, dark piece of magic. It isn't supposed to be well-known, and it most certainly is not something that any responsible adult with half a brain would ever explain to a child, or to anyone for that matter. Spreading knowledge about the existence of such magic would be very dangerous. Imagine every nutjob out there making their own horcruxes.

And finally, there's the complete and total lack of reaction to the discovery of the Horcrux. Not a single person who was informed of it had any reaction at all. The existence of the Horcrux proves that Voldemort, the worst Dark Lord to av ever existed, is still alive - and that's not discussed one little bit.

The story started well but it took a turn towards trope-land, especially when Minerva went about trying to get Luna accepted into Hogwarts early. There was no reason for that. It wouldn't happen, and it added nothing to the story. It was just an excuse to keep Luna as a part of the story.

I would have much rather seen some other undeveloped (and sane) character introduced, like Tracy, or someone entirely new. Listening to Luna and Neville both is honestly exhausting. Neville is a pity-party wank.
Erimenthe chapter 12 . 8/12/2017
I certainly do hope you write more of this story, if not a sequel of the first year at school, with the relevant information about Dumbledore and Sirius (not to mention the Dursleys and other things not mentioned). This is a very interesting story.
Traveler301 chapter 12 . 6/11/2017
I am one of those, that torn between wanting this story to continue and at the same time seeing that there are all kinds of possibilities for more than one sequel. Perhaps making a different story for each year. You are a very good writer and you have written a wonderful story.
Thanks,
Ron Pate
Traveler301
Traveler301 chapter 2 . 6/11/2017
I really like your story. I have often wondered why no authors have not used a deferent person to go get Harry.
Thanks for the new concept,
Ron Pate
Traveler301
MSgt SilverDollar and Snake chapter 12 . 5/15/2017
Excellent start. I really hope this hasn't been abandoned ~~Snake~~
deanna4403 chapter 12 . 3/30/2017
up date sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon liking a lot
Guest chapter 12 . 2/28/2017
love this story
tag0 chapter 12 . 1/10/2017
Just re-read this story - haven't read it in a few years, because last time I did, it was only up to Chp. 3 or 4 - and have greatly enjoyed the updates. I can understand the muse being interested in something else, but I do hope it pops back to this story at some point, because I'm *very* interested in finding out the rest of the tale!
VonPelt chapter 12 . 12/26/2016
This story is really great but it appears abandoned. Still enjoyable if you see it as a pre Hogwarts fic with an open end.
777angeloflove chapter 12 . 12/23/2016
LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE UPDATE!
PMakepeace98 chapter 12 . 12/17/2016
This story is amazing so far and I want to read more! Please tell me you will be updating some time soon!
bassoongirl14 chapter 12 . 12/11/2016
awww! I really love this story so far! I really hope they are in the same house or at least Luna and Harry so Luna doesn't get picked on!
Rebecca chapter 12 . 11/27/2016