Reviews for After Dark
Abacus chapter 1 . 4/20/2014
I've just read all your work and every one of them was _really_ good. Thank you for writing! :)
wingchan7 chapter 8 . 4/11/2013
When I first started reading this I think I cringed during every chapter. But when the story started to take form and really develop I was able to see the dark events as what they really were. I enjoyed how you kept Shep strong and how the events formed her into the Shep from Mass Effect. The time skip was very funny once the two were alone.

A kiss is a thank you indeed. heh.

I enjoyed the story and hope to see more Gar-Shep(f) in the future.
Kriteni chapter 8 . 3/17/2013
This fic is... Very well written. Impossible to forget.
Elantil chapter 8 . 3/9/2013
Somehow this story made a lasting impression on me. Even though I don't remember the details, I knew my dreams last night were plagued by it.

This fic makes the subsequent events and implications so much worse. I mean, whatever happened in the course of this story was traumatic and tragic in itself, but knowing what follows Shepard and Garrus in the games?

It meant that all this happened to them, then they were forced to part for ten long years before finally meeting each other again, only to have Shepard, who survived all that, to die at the start of ME2. A death which we all know prompted Garrus' vigilante war path in which he uses his own face as a shield and nearly dies. The wreck that Shepard must have been in her private moments then, not knowing if Garrus would pull through, not to mention, the actual motivation behind Garrus' action for those two years? It gets so much darker.

This has Unfortunate Implications (nee tvtropes) written and stamped all over it, repeatedly, in big, black, bold letters. I can't imagine Garrus' and Shepard's psyche after ME3, and that is IF Shepard survives the end.

That being said, I love how you handled the characters throughout the AU events and made Shepard a hardass on her Normandy crew, only yielding slightly to Garrus and only in private. If you were ever to do a follow up/continuation of this universe's Shepard and Garrus during any of the canon game events, I'd eagerly read it. (hint hint)
Mei-chiri chapter 8 . 2/22/2013
Sorry for not review sooner. Just want to say that you had done a terrific job with this story. :D

Btw, when will you update 'after dark II'? I'm dying to get that story into my collections. :)
Danish Existence chapter 2 . 2/17/2013
I am left with one question: how does Shepard understand their language? Wasn't she stripped of everything? If she has a translator, I wonder where it could be. :-) Just an insignificant detail.
Danish Existence chapter 1 . 2/17/2013
Wow, what a scenario! It's not pretty, but I appreciate the realism of this story. Torturing prisoners of wars is appalling, and I think you convey that very well in this story. I think you've also done an excellent job on balancing the morbidity of the situation with Garrus' ethical feelings and principals, so the story doesn't became unbearable to read, just the opposite. It awakes a desire to read more, and hope that justice will be done.
Credete chapter 8 . 1/29/2013
I completely forgot to review the final chapter! Sorry!

But, it was a great story. I'm sorry to see it stop, loved what you did with the characters. Can't wait to see what you write next! Thanks again, Elesey.
polarulv chapter 8 . 1/25/2013
Wow, just wow. That was probably the heaviest stuff i've ever read, please do a follow-up(!), can't picture a ME trilogy with THAT kind of history between them. Really crude, but a sick-good read.
Noblescar chapter 8 . 1/21/2013
I really enjoyed reading your other 2 stories and hoped this one would be as good. You certainly exceeded expectations - it was excellent.

As several others mentioned, the was you related the story to canon was great. A dark and enjoyable story I read in one sitting. Looking toward to reading more of your work.
Guest chapter 8 . 1/19/2013
This was an excellent story!
MeredithvL chapter 8 . 1/18/2013
I like it how you connected this story with the games canon, wonderful! Please keep writing stories in the Mass Effect universe!
MrQuinlansBloodDoll chapter 8 . 1/18/2013
I love angsty stories with happy endings! This was very well written!
barbex chapter 8 . 1/18/2013
Oh. I loved this. Such a horrible subject but you made it good.
MeredithvL chapter 7 . 1/14/2013
I didn't post a review on the previous chapters because honestly I couldn't stop reading. This is a great story, I love the way you write, your detailed descriptions and the pace of the story. The way we get to actually see what the characters are feeling, and feel with them. What happened with Tallus. It was great! I can't wait to read the next chapter. I admire your courage in writing this story, how you didn't hold back and kept the darkness through each chapter, not turning the characters into a sobbing mess or the story into a cheap excuse for sex. Great job!