Reviews for Awkward and Face-Palming
Kindle-the-Stars chapter 1 . 12/30/2012
Nice story, loved how you included all of the tweets! Also, I liked Gigi commenting on the grey in Darcy's hair - and it IS a distinguished look, very sexy :) Keep writing!
firewordsparkler chapter 1 . 12/4/2012
Ooh! I can't wait for more of this! I love the way you're writing the relationships so far.
Phosphorescent chapter 1 . 11/30/2012
A delightful beginning; I'm really enjoying your characterizations.
allboysshouldhavelonghair chapter 1 . 11/29/2012
I can't believe how well you've written this to include all the vlogs and twitter comments so seemlessly! You are a genius! Well done.
machi3663 chapter 1 . 11/28/2012
Can't wait for more of this story if it is forthcoming! Cx
jvdm.thecupcakeishere chapter 1 . 11/28/2012
i liked it but there were some things that bothered me. first of all, pride and prejudice takes place in england not NEW england. now i understand that its supposed to be present day, but could we at least keep the setting? maybe that was just my opinion. but the language was very slang using contractions that would be frowned upon by english majors. there is an excellent use of vocabulary, though. another component that bothered me was the onstant swithing back and forth from situation to situation. not only this but also the characters themselves. jane austen's characters are normally very witty. yet here, the author portrys the characters as mordern workaholics who are constantly on their smart gadgets without spending time with the family, and though this is a rare occiurance in our modern lives, i should at least hope that austen's characters would not be portrayed as such. i hate to be the thief of joy, i did enjoy it, but it could use some work. three stars, and remember, a little constuctive criticism never hurt, there will always be room for improvement!
TheGreatSporkWielder chapter 1 . 11/27/2012
YES. I LOVE AWKWARD. Such a great birthday present. I love so much about this story, from Caroline's determination to make dinner and everyone else just Staying Out of Her Way, to Gigi being interested in linguistics. I'm very excited to read the rest. :)
Ieyre chapter 1 . 11/27/2012
I sort of assumed that Fitzs' bf was with his own family as well. I also sort of assumed that if Fitz and said bf live in San Francisco and are inviting people out to dinner together (and not keeping it on the down low) that they're probably pretty open about their relationship, but there's no real proof of that either way. Your head canon is interesting...

I expected Darcy to be colder to Caroline, but I guess they haven't really interacted yet and there's still time...can't wait for someone (ie Gigi) to awkwardly mention a Bennet at dinner and for everyone to get weird and cagey. I'm curious what Fitz's feelings are towards Caroline...I'm not sure if I imagine him watching ALL of Lizzie's videos so I doubt he hates her like we do, but if he's watching the latest ones he can guess enough of her game...hm.
Katia11 chapter 1 . 11/27/2012
LOVED THIS. :) All the interactions are spot on.
primadonna001 chapter 1 . 11/27/2012
is there more? will you go off canon and have bing meet jane for real in whole foods?!
Ruan Chun Xian chapter 1 . 11/27/2012
I love this so far! Love the hints at Fitz/Jordan and really looking forward to read your take on Fitz and his relationship. I also really like the interactions between Darcy, Gigi and Fitz. You can tell these are people who completely enjoy each other's company and are completely comfortable with each other. But I guess even they can't avoid the awkwardness of what is coming, what with Bing and his run-ins with redheads and Caroline in a foul mood.

"I’m going to try to work with a sort of wandering omniscient narrator, and try not to make it sound too much like a rookie fic writer who has trouble staying inside one person’s head. I’m doing this intentionally"
Oh it's good that I read this on your tumblr. For a moment I thought that the site ff. net up your scene breaks like it likes to do.